Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Killer Mains: How accurate are the level difficulty ratings?

CountOfTheFog
CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,206

Each killer has a rating between Very Easy to Very Hard. How accurate are these? I only play 4 killers.

Answers

• Morbus
    Morbus Member Posts: 6

Not very accurate for most of them i can say confidently but I cannot do the list since I am too lazy

• Chaotic_Wretch
    Chaotic_Wretch Member Posts: 94

I can confidently say that at least a few of them are quite inaccurate. Billy is labelled as moderate but I'd argue he's one of the more difficult killers to get value from. Pig being ranked as hard is also inaccurate imo. The cherry on top is the fact that Skull Merchant is ranked as hard. I don't think I need to explain why that one in particular is a complete lie.

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

Some are accurate, and some are completely fake.

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

What killers do you play though?

• CountOfTheFog

I play Freddy and Michael primarily. Trapper here and there and am trying to get good at Ghostface

• rororoxor
    rororoxor Member Posts: 182
    edited August 2023

7.5k hr ghostie main here, yes he's mechanically easy to pick up and play but is top 3 killer skill ceilings imo. At the top level you need to have a mental layout of all the gens (how they're oriented and their quality-how easily you can sneak up and how easily you can stalk) so you can remember exactly how to stalk them later if you're able to. Some gens are even situated to protect other gens, so you need to account for this as well.

Requires constant tracking of all survivors through deduction (I run disc and rancor) and you need some finesse that you only really get from experience to quietly intercept people going for hook saves without anyone seeing you (swf potential). Honestly more clever tracking than info-based killers like Skull Merchant.

Most importantly, all of this is used for planning who exactly to go for and knowing how to get people to move where you want them to (for example, forcing a zero-hook person to go save and leaving a dead on hook person in danger).

At high survivor levels, people set up gen lookouts (protecting their teammates on vulnerable gens) so you need to anticipate that using discordance to account for unaccounted survivors and approach the gens accordingly, or something else).

While it may seem like this is what makes GF low tier, ALL of this is playable.

TLDR: ghostie is very hard.

• CountOfTheFog

It's frustrating to be revealed constantly. I don't know what I'm doing wrong there either.

• rororoxor
    rororoxor Member Posts: 182

If you're getting revealed there's probably a major issue with your pathing; you dont want to get seen at all, much less revealed. You need to only path between large objects like maze tiles depending on where the gens are. Early on you want to safely 'clear' sections of the map of survs so you dont accidentally bump into them. Might be worth looking at a map scheme and learning where the big tiles/main building/shack are located.

• CountOfTheFog

What are tiles? I've never understood what the community means by the term.

• CountOfTheFog

What are tiles? I don't understand the term in this game. I have tiles on my kitchen floor irl. What do tiles mean in this game?

• RichardCarter
    RichardCarter Member Posts: 82

It's largely opinion based, really, but it's mainly those wanting to know how easy it is to get into the killer and master their powers, NOT how easy it is to win as them. I think Skull Merchant is easier to master than The Singularity, though they're both marked as Hard.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,267

the skill rating is for how hard/long it takes to reach a level where you're comfortable with the killers power and understand the mechanics not how actually hard the killer is to play imo. If you look at it in that light most of the ratings make a lot more sense.