Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

DC Timer

MissBavington
MissBavington Member Posts: 7
edited July 2023 in Bug Reporting

PC/Steam - DC Timer is inconsistent

My duo just DC'd (no hate, I think it's the second time I've EVER known him to DC and it was towards the end of a lost game & we just wanted to see the bots). Instead of the normal timer 1 minute penalty, he was immediately hit with a 10 minute matchmaking ban?

I checked the reports here/reddit/patch notes/etc., and saw nothing mentioning this. I know there have been tons of bugs, per usual after a patch, and am wondering if this is one of them due to introducing DC bots.

Post edited by EQWashu on
1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Comments

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 967

Have they crashed recently or had their internet cut out unintentionally?

The game does not differentiate between clicking the Disconnect button and legitimate crashes or connection problems. Plus, the first penalty is only around a minute long which means it can be over by the time you've restarted your game, meaning you have no indication you've been penalised.

• MissBavington

nope, they barely play anymore and they've only ever played with me so i know they haven't had any issues. I wouldn't have made the ticket if I knew it could have been from a previous disconnect. OG player here.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 335

I think everyone’s come under the assumption BHVR increased the penalties with the introduction of DC bots. I’ve been getting 4 minute penalties first DC. I also heard killers can’t afk now or they’ll get DC’d with a penalty apparently.

• MissBavington

yeah I am assuming the same thing, but its super strange they didn't include something that major in the patch notes. To go from 1 minute all the way up to 10 in this case is insane. Even starting at 5 is a bit much imo. I saw that afk thing, probably to discourage deranking.

This discussion has been closed.