I'm worried about the potential Xenomorph power

I'm a huge Alien fan. I've seen every movie multiple times and love them all so much. I'm extremely excited that THE sci-fi horror franchise is finally hitting DBD but I'm worried about the potential Xenomorph power design. I want the power to be flavorful and reflective of the killer's unique lore, but if facehuggers are involved in any way, I'm scared we'll be in for yet another killer with the ability to kill survivors outright without needed to sacrifice them. I would love for the Xeno to plant eggs around the map that open and surprise survivors with mini chases with the facehuggers, but I don't see any way the facehugger could be implemented without them also being attached to an instant kill mechanic when a timer runs out. It's way too soon to say what the power may be, but I'm hoping it doesn't have facehuggers, as cool as they would be.

Comments

• Moonras2
    Moonras2 Member Posts: 365

I don't know if it's possible but I'd love to see the wall climbing like in the old AvP games. It wouldn't be great outdoors but indoor maps would be amazing.

• Chaotic_Wretch
    Chaotic_Wretch Member Posts: 94

I'm actually hoping it involves the acid blood that Xenos have. Maybe a second part of the power would have the Xeno run on all fours with limited turning similar to Oni or Billy dash but with a Victor-like lunge involved as well. I kinda hate guessing at it because it just sets me up for disappointment when it comes out nothing like that, but it would he cool.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Well, we aren't getting the Xeno Queen, and she's the only one who can really lay eggs (as far as I recall, there might be something I'm misremembering).

I'd guess that the Xenomorph will have something stealth based, which can be just as worrisome imo. The last stealth killer we got was Sadako, and look how that's turned out. Another guess is probably something similar to Demo, with an extended dash/lunge. Maybe with the ability to hop onto a wall and jump off of it? The Xeno's are known for crawling all over #########, who knows.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,267

Yea, i also really hope it's a focus on how the alien is in the first movie or isolation and we're not in a dark timeline where you're just setting up. Tho as much as i personally dislike playing stealth killers i feel like the alien would be best as one.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

I would not mind some kill mechanic like PHead that just save going to a hook for the last time with a cool animation.

About acid blood i would bet its going to be a perk. After survivor do X to you, (pallet stun?), you drop acid blood that inflict X stuff to survivors.

And really hyped for this chapter, hope BHVR dont mess up with this one.

• Moonras2

Yeah it's hard to speculate. It could go so many directions. I'm also a big fan of the movies so I hope it's cool. Back when I was in high school we spent nearly every networking class connecting together to play AvP. Until someone learned what winpop was and got us all banned from connecting the rest of the year :( .That was a long time ago lol.

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 661

I'm not expecting the Alien to be able to climb on walls but that would most certainly be true to the character. Maybe even hang from a specific spot on the ceiling or something? There is a lot of potential in the Xenomorph.. Maybe too much potential tbh..

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

That's always been my take on bringing Alien into the DBD series.

How can you capture the feel and threat of a xenomorph when it's confined essentially to a flat plane of movement.

I'm interested to see but I'd lower the expectations from being able to run up walls and ceilings a la AvP to something more reasonable and much less xenomorph esq.

If BHVR can pull it off and make the alien more than just a killer skin, then congrats to them but my enthusiasm is reserved at the moment.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442

Yeah, how terrible it would be to have another killer that plays differently and that isn't just the same old hold shift + w and drop pallets.

• Moonras2

Yeah my expectations are kind of tame, it's just what I want lol. I'd be happy with a built in insidious and the ability to hang on the side of tiles or structures. Even if you can't move and it's set areas.

• ARTRA

Not climb, but slingshoot?

Like mark a place and jump to that place, then you can rejump again to a survivor, wall, floor etc...

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236
    edited August 2023

That would be pretty neat. They have the collision for that sort of thing from Singularity. If you can stick a biopod to it, then you could leap to and from that point as well. Maybe it could work a little like Blight, a regular leap doesn't damage but a leap from an elevation does. Or depending on cooldowns/windups etc., regular leap damages while a rebound leap is instadown.

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233

"one survivor is a malfunctioning android" power or GTFO

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236
    edited August 2023
  • CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

i would bet on a stealth mix of demo / twins / plague/pig.

Demo's shred pallet mechanic . Twin's victor movement speed while on all 4's- maybe half of it, with undectable, can leap while on all 4's.

Maybe a tail flick that infects with acidic blood burns them over time, lose a health state overtime and become broken for like 20 seconds.

I don't see them implementing vents unless they're in a fixed location on the map for traversal.

Facehuggers possibly, maybe random eggs scattered around the map, Basement being a nest - rushed actions near them or running past them activate them, auto mori after 2nd hook stage with a 3 minute timer or when killer downs you.

Survivor counterplays i have no idea, burn the eggs maybe or seal the vents.

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233
    edited August 2023

it's hard to guess what xeno's power will be, because I keep thinking of things that would fit him but are already other killers' powers.

disappearing into the ground and popping up elsewhere, and having a lunge attack? Demogorgon

teleporting via "vent" objects? Sadako and Dredge

laying eggs and using them to spy on survivors? Singularity

face huggers grabbing onto survivors and having to be ripped off? Twins

My rando guess is:

autonomous facehuggers that work like a combination of Victor and zombies. Vent props that killer can teleport between.

Post edited by luvcraft on
  • CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 416

I had a concept a while ago, that the face huggers would work like scourge hooks, where the Alien would have to 'hook' the survivors and set them on a timer. Survivors can get the chestburster removed and find Royal Jelly in the match to slow down the death timer, but while they have the chestburster, the alien couldn't 'see' the survivors (as seen in the films where the Xenomorphs ignore hosts).

• ARTRA

Exactly this, and alien MUST be together with Big the cat, if not worst chapter ever.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,197

Meme power: If a survivor disconnects and is replaced by a bot, the bot will try to actively sabotage the other 3 survivors in order to preserve the "perfect organism".

I reckon it will be a fast, stealth killer. Not a hit-and-run killer, but one which somehow stealths with speed for quick hits in some way. Maybe get it to crawl and pounce at survivors.