Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

new update steam disk read error

Ryuzakev
Ryuzakev Member Posts: 1
edited August 2023 in Bug Reporting

it all started with the last update/patch. I've been digging on the ''content_log'' archive from steam (Route: ''C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs\content_log'') and found that the corrupted archives are

"DeadByDaylight\Content\Paks\pakchunk26-WindowsNoEditor.pak" (corrupt)

''DeadByDaylight\Content\Paks\pakchunk25-WindowsNoEditor.pak'' (missing files)

''DeadByDaylight\Content\Paks\pakchunk2-WindowsNoEditor.pak'' (corrupt)

do anyone else has this issue? it's not my pc,it's a new one and I was playing well yesterday

Post edited by BoxGhost on
1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

This looks like a technical issue, if you still require assistance please ask other forum users in the Ask the Community sub section as we do not offer technical support on this forum.

Comments

• Tchernobill
    Tchernobill Member Posts: 2

1/ I went into

Steam\logs\content_log.txt

there were the files identified as invalid.

e.g. Validation: 0 chunks corrupt and 985 chunks missing of 1006 total in file "DeadByDaylight\Content\Paks\pakchunk1-WindowsNoEditor.pak"

2/ I went into

Steam\steamapps\common\Dead by Daylight\DeadByDaylight\Content\Paks

and deleted the files identified as invalid.

Then from steam I restarted where it was stuck. first run it identified there were missing DL files and second time I clicked it DL-ed them and this time all was valid.

This was (far) faster than uninstalling and reinstalling the game as I did previously.

This discussion has been closed.