Lost my will to play

Options

I can't play Survivor without the Prove BP bonus. I cannot be bothered to turn the game on, just doesn't seem worth it. I hate feeling like this. Anybody else having this problem?

Comments

• FilthyLegionRevival
    FilthyLegionRevival Member Posts: 304
    Options

At that point you just stop playing the game for a while. It's okay to take a break. Play something else for a while. I've been playing Risk of Rain 2 and I've been enjoying myself while I wait down this penalty decay because of my goofy ahh internet (when we have bots so a penalty shouldn't exist anymore).

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,127
    edited August 2023
    Options

Yeah, it happens. I've been asking for the Alien license though, and so I might have to hop on when it drops to see what's good. I've just been playing mostly Smite and finishing up a new cycle on SMT Nocturne for the time being. I even dusted off the Ol' Fatalis Greatsword for some event hunts on Monster Hunter World.

I have 2 on my wishlist. I still boot up a private server for my mates on Risk of Rain from time to time. Fun series. Love pulverizing everything on screen with Loader.

• FilthyLegionRevival
    FilthyLegionRevival Member Posts: 304
    Options

I can't play multiplayer due to my internet liking to randomly boot me out. It's also why I can't play dbd as much as I want. It's really stupid that we don't have the penalty removed now that bots are a thing.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

Considering I never even knew there was a bloodpoint bonus for Prove Thyself until it was taken away, no I don't have this problem.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,997
    Options

The bonus from Prove Thyself was tiny. It only affected coop actions, which might not even happen. It was mostly placebo.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Honestly same. I only play survivor when there's a +100% BP bonus incentive.

You can run the killer for most of the game or do all the gens and whatnot and you'll escape with 16k BPs, so why bother when you can play killer and still get at least 20K even when you get absolutely stomped ?

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

I kinda get that, but if that was all it took to put you off DbD, you were probably about done anyway.

I'm honestly fine with the new incentive system, between that and the reduced costs of stuff on the BW, I've never felt less in need of more BP.

I think the loss of WGLF, BBQ and Prove bonuses have been more than offset; keeping those all would just have been excessive in the new economy. I feel like this is a "not being able to see the forest for the trees" deal; overall we're doing better than ever with BP.

Of course I don't main one side or the other, I'll just play whatever side has the incentive on at any given time.

But it's like a phantom limb thing, you've got a new better limb, but you still feel something is missing.

Of course since Nic Cage dropped I almost never see the incentive on survivor, though I suspect that dynamic will flip once Alien drops and we're drowning in Xenomorphs. It's an ebb and flow sort of thing.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

I'm not quite sure why you get so little BP for simply working on a gen but I reckon they want a decent chunk of BP be locked behind skill checks. Holding M1 is not all that eventful after all.

But they should really increase the BP gain in this category a bit. Maybe together with the Sacrifice category. That one is almost impossible to get full too. Though it's not quite as bad as objective points for survivors.

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 267
    Options

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The game is going in a direction that I don't really like tbh. Now perks get their BP bonus removed one by one, and you get nothing in return for it, that is just bad. I mean, the BP gain on survivor side is abysmal, even with the 100% bonus on it for the role you play.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,735
    Options

Definitely time to take a break, DBD is one of those games that you definitely need to take a break from at times.

• Seraphor
    edited August 2023
    Options

And Prove Thyself is +100% on co-op actions. That is a sub-class of BP scores within one BP category.

Co-op points are only part of your total points for gen repairs, so whatever Prove Thyself is giving you, it's less than one entire gen without it.

I'm not entirely sure how co-op points are calculated, but it looks like it's essentially double what you usually get for repairs.

So if you get 1250 base, then you would get 2500 co-op points, for a total of 3750 base for a co-op gen, and 6250 for co-op with Prove Thyself.

So 2 co-op gens would be 7500 without Prove Thyself.

You're really running an entire perk just for 2500 BP, when you could easily make that up by cleansing a couple totems.

For perspective, in an average survivor game where you'd get around 20k-25k BP this is 10%. This perk is giving you +10% BP. That's less than a Brown BP offering which equates to 12.5% total BP.

• Meghead56
    Meghead56 Member Posts: 19
    Options

With that math you got excatly same points with old Prove...

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

Take a break. Not wanting to play for something that's a pretty small issue in thebgrand scheme of things implies there are other things at play where this is the final straw, rather than the main catalyst.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,149
    edited August 2023
    Options

Survivor scoring needs an overhaul in general. Playing survivor just feels bad from the perspective of someone who is trying to earn bloodpoints. Why they made it worse by getting rid of the prove BP bonus will never make sense to me. It would have been fine if they had buffed the amount you get for repairing a generator but they didn't for whatever reason. Meanwhile I can go play killer and get absurd amount of bloodpoints for very little effort. The devs need to go play ten games as a solo survivor and then ten as a killer to see how absurd the difference is. Maybe people wouldn't be so quick to off themselves on the hook if they were actually getting rewarded for their time investment.

• spagz
    spagz Member Posts: 91
    Options

I totally agree with this. 10% repair speed whatever, but taking away the bloodpoints is just wrong in my opinion. Killers were complaining about the 15% repair speed, not extra bps. Even if it was 75% BPs, sure. I am usually iridescent one after a couple weeks and I just got to iridescent three because I just have not been playing much. If they are going to keep nerfing survivors perks and barely nerfing the killer perks, I might be out sadly.

• spagz
    spagz Member Posts: 91
    Options

I get what you’re saying, but it comes down to many things in the end. Survivors have been dealing with nerfs, tunneling, camping, slugging, bleeding, bugs in killers, playing the same killers over and over, corrupt, lethal, all the hex’s, etc. it’s getting to the point where if I can’t even get extra bps I’m playing a losing game. Do I get away sometimes? Yes. Do I deal with toxic killers and survivor teammates 98% of the time I play? Yes. It just keeps piling so I think that’s where this all comes from. If things were balanced between killer and survivors (the team as a whole) then I would agree with you 100%

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

This is how it felt when BBQ and WGLF lost their bonus BP too. Survivors get low BP gain as is, taking away their last source of bonus BP is just ridiculous.

And if we're using the logic: "We don't want bonus BP to effect a Perk's pick rate", then No One Left Behind should be nerfed too.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

100% I made a thread after prove thyself nerf but no one cared 😂 playing solo Q is so unrewarding it seems like a waste of time, you get like 1500 points for a FULL solo gen, if killer tunnel you you always finish with 10-15k max, seriously nerf survivors more if you want but buff score events so we're not wasting our time

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,924
    Options

This is exactly what I getting at: this final issue that has caused OP to become fatigued is the accumulation of numerous experiences prior.

I'd just add that survivors and killers both experience numerous problems, whilst your comment seems to imply this is mostly a survivor issue. Both sides become tired out due to perceived victimization. That doesn't help, because in the end this type of mentality doesn't help the core concern of fatigue. Taking a break is the best thing that can do.

• UnavailableName
    UnavailableName Member Posts: 298
    Options

No it is not okay.

I have never experienced this with Evolve or L4D for exemple.

DbD is the only game that often feels unfair on both sides. There is often this feeling that no matter what you do, you cannot win a game not because a lack of skill bu because the game design is broken.

You often do not fight against the opposite team but against the garbage game design.

I dunno why the devs do not fix it, it has been 7 years now...

• Xernoton
    Options

To be fair, skill checks, totems and exit gates count into that category too. And they make up good chunk of BP in that category. So it's not like you have to repair 8 gens.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,464
    Options
  • Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,197
    Options

I'd take a break. Maybe when you come back try some fun perks? Like Head-on and the likes?

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

ah i misunderstood what you were getting at. i thought you were saying that you could just do two solo gens, not that you would do two coop gens. that makes at least slightly more sense, but I still disagree with the overall take.

the cool thing about prove was that it allowed you to bang out one coop gen, get a large portion of BP from that, and then go about the map doing other things like taking chase or going for unhooks. If you only need to do 1 coop gen to get your max BP that gives you roughly 4 gens worth of progress time to do other things, whereas with 2 full PT gens the game's nearly half over before you get a chance to do anything else.

i'm not saying it's the end of the world, just that I think you're underestimating the degree to which PT's BP gain affects not just the ability to get repair BP but also the ability to get other types of BP or engage in multiple aspects of the game

• Xernoton
    Options

Thanks for correcting me on that. I was so sure it counted as objective points.

• Seraphor
    Options

Obviously my figures were averages, not every game is going to be the same. But unless you're guaranteeing a co-op gen every game, then I stand by that PT's bonus equated to an average of +10% BP. And if you are guaranteeing a co-op gen every game with PT you can do it without as well.

4 gens worth of 'free time' for doing just one, especially when another survivor was also doing that one, isn't sustainable for the survivor-base as a whole when 5 gens need to be repaired each game. You need to be doing on average around 2 gens per game, and if that's co-op, at least 2.5 if not more.