Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Could Not Connect to RTM Server on Steam/PC

MeiDinChina
MeiDinChina Member Posts: 3

PC/Steam

Ever since the Nicolas Cage patch, it won't let me connect to dbd and i get this message when it fails to connect to rtm server on loading for several minutes:

Could not connect to RTM Server

I've verified game integrity... I exited and restarted DBD.... Exited Steam and re-entered DBD....I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game... my date and time is also correct from what i read on my 3 day research....nothing works.... This is day 3 now attempting... fix this...

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• nyixxi
    nyixxi Member Posts: 10

same issue here, think its just while playing with a vpn but i really hope this gets addressed soon

• peketo
    peketo Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

I had to disabled my vpn in order to play it, but I don't like playing without it.

• malotus97
    malotus97 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3

Not sure if this will help, but this is what I have been experiencing.

Ever since the patch, like you, I receive the same RTM error. I have also done all troubleshooting to no avail. This is how I was still able to play:

I have to click OK and try again over and over until it lets me through the RTM error eventually (are you able to do this? it's very annoying and may take many attempts). Once that happened, I would either be searching for a match indefinitely, or would enter a lobby only to be kicked out due to an EAC error 1.

The only thing that fixed this was completing a windows update and adding EAC to my windows firewall whitelist.

It you can ultimately get past the RTM server error and notice the same issue, this may help. Unfortunately, I have not seen anything that works to remove the RTM error itself.