How about a feature that enables you to prevent encountering a particular killer?

This may seem petty if it existed but I'm curious to know what people think of this and how it would work. It could be an Offering also

Answers

• Vulcan7471
    Vulcan7471 Member Posts: 40

Offering wouldn't work since you would already be matched and loading against someone already. Though the idea seems fine it would narrow the possibilities of matches extremely since there is already repeat map prevention, and adding killer prevention on top of that would be factoring out up to 9 things in total (4 killers for each survivor, and 5 maps for each player). Maybe this idea could work in 4 man swfs but I doubt this would ever come to the game, they should give an incentive to lesser played killers tho

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,354

This system will never work, because the killer is another player who has to pick their killer before queueing for matchmaking.

If killers could swap killers in lobby, this system could work as killers would have a choice to dodge lobbies. But a killer banning system would only exist to make survivor easier as a 4 stack now can prevent facing the top 4 killers at any time.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,930

How about a feature that enables you to prevent encountering a particular Survivor and their perks?

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

I'd rather had feature that prevent encountering certain player (like in Dark Souls), but I understand why they never add this. Although I wish they would, at least a dozen slots.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

How about feature that makes you not play against more than duo survivors?

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

Who cares? Author doesn't care about Nurse players neither...

It's just: "I don't like it, so make it disappear" approach...

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,745

Ahhhh I see.

Welp the rest of us kinda care, even if they do not.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

It would be problematic as a feature, but I could get behind repeat killer prevention. It would have some impact on matchmaking but it would also lessen some of the fatigue from playing against the same killer constantly.

Nobody deserves to suffer through back-to-back Hag sessions.

• jordanjustice
    jordanjustice Member Posts: 110
    edited August 2023

I'd waste a perk slot on this... to prevent being matched with certain killer(s). Some killers just aren't fun to play against or change the spirit of the game too much. I'd gladly waste an entire perk slot to be able to say no to being matched up against at least one killer. I'd also be willing to wait much longer in match finding.

I like how people always assume Nurse and Blight will be the killers people would choose not to play against. I have no issue with either of them... Knight or Skull Merchant would be my choice.