New Report Feedback System + Bully Squads

Options
Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,089
edited August 2023 in General Discussions

I boot up the game, see that the new player report feedback system is now live, and then queue into matches as killer against 2 bully squads in a row.

Midwich offering, 3 hook offerings, when the match starts there are 3 No Mither survivors with toolboxes. I'm not getting any hooks this match, which ultimately means an L. Furthermore, why even play? Because if I don't then they get to submit FOUR unsportsmanlike reports against me for idling.

Eyrie of Crows. I get an early down, but they went down under a pallet and all 3 survivors are nearby to try and pallet save them if I pick up or pick them up off the ground if I don't. Anyone I commit to just runs away, so I had no choice again but to take the L and commit to someone else completely. Then they sabo any hook I carry to after that. The match is an L, so why even play? If I don't then they get to submit FOUR unsportsmanlike reports against me for idling.

Nothing they are doing is against the rules, but if I don't be their little bloodpoint pinata for an hour (or until they get bored or scared of losing) then I get reported for it. Great game...

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Devs should make the unsportsmanlike category specifically for dc and tally for the time penalty.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

want to trade? my gaming day so far:

2x cheater instant kill cheater bots, 2x in a row the same moon ping blight followed by a p100 max speed blight and then a facecamping huntress over two hook stages.

I'm done with DBD today.

• Nos37
    Options

It promotes reporting. I've seen many times in the forums people complaining "reporting does nothing." Now that they see it does work, they'll start reporting more often. And my concern is the opposing team playing in such a way to coerce me into breaking the rules. Either I play their game and suffer through it, take the report, or just don't play the game.

• Nos37
    Options

and I'm sure survivor players have never been killed in real life, so that means they cannot say the killer killed them, since it didn't happen IRL?

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

cool story bro

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

Regardless of everything else you said, ping on blight is only detrimental to the killer outside of m1. As far as I am aware, he is the only killer like that.

Back when the anniversary even was out and every server had 100+ ping I had to stop playing killer the entire time, 1+ second bumps is not ok.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 530
    Options

Sounds like someone should learn playing against various forms of hook-denial. It's not hard.

For example, you could slug them. It reminds them that hooking is optional.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

The second group isn't really bullying, though the first group is clearly setup to be conducive to bullying. An offering for a map that is already known to be problematic for number of hooks and hook placement, three hook offerings, and perk setup for anti-slug. Honestly I'd have just skipped the first trial altogether. They can report if they want.

If BHVR was serious in expecting a killer to play through a trial like that they'd adjust the number of hooks and hook placement on that map and limit the number of hook offerings that can be played at any given time. The likely outcome in a situation like you were put in was if the group was even half-decent the killer gets rendered powerless, if the killer was OP (ex: really skilled Nurse) the group has to be bled out. Neither is a situation I'd expect the developer to want to put the players in, just like an hour-long three gen, but here we are.

The best option for you would be if you see an offering setup like that again, have a network issue and go next.

• Mockingjay_S451
    Mockingjay_S451 Member Posts: 393
    Options

I mean if I have to play a full match with a killer who is using the StRaTeGy of slugging, camping and tunnelling. You can play out a match where a team are also using items and gameplay which is given to them.

It works both ways.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,061
    Options

I would say it would probably be better to be reported for the first game, just so that devs will actually notice some people do obnoxious stuff like that and push for updates to prevent such abuse.

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 452
    Options

I had a game which was frankly disgusting! I thought people were trading on the hook but then they stopped at second stage.

I thought they just began to farm. I never trust what killer is gonna do but sometimes I go along with the farm as they won't chase you anyway.

The ghostface started going for me at shack. A pair of players tried blocking my route's. They hooked me. Continuously Bm'd While they let someone else do gens.

They t bagged me and pointed at me on hook. Did the pretend unhook tease too. I died.

I wasn't actually bothered just disturbed by these peoples actions. Very odd behaviour and I should have reported. A new player might have quit the game for good.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

The name of the game is for survivors to repair gens and escape, not all stand behind the killer waiting to pallet stun or hook sabo. Having a wingman to save you is perfectly reasonable, but having all players not playing the primary objective is against the rules imo. These groups are out to humiliate the opposition and give them a miserable experience.

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298
    Options

The new system just tells you if any action was taken against someone who you reported. There’s no difference to whether someone CAN report someone.

I usually just switch to slugging when I want to make a point against a bully squad. No Mither isn’t going to get gens done.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Nothing has changed. The report system already existed and "bully swf" could already report you 4x times for going afk. It only means now they'll receive updates about their reports. Yes, the new system "promotes" reporting, it's a good thing.

And yes, you should absolutely be reported for going afk because you don't want to lose. And no, survivors trying to get a pallet save aren't bullying you. Hell, even the first group of survivors aren't bullying you any more than a facecamper, slugger or tunneler is bullying survivors. It's a nasty strategy that's unfun to go against but it's a strategy regardless and if you take it personnally you should probably take a break.

• Mockingjay_S451
    Mockingjay_S451 Member Posts: 393
    Options

Curious if these were two Feng players on the EU servers? I’ve unfortunately had them a couple times. I also thought they were farming then they started body blocking me and a bill in Midwich rooms. The after I was hooked did the fake unhook for ages and BM’d me. Second time I faced them I wasn’t paying attention to the lobby and only realized once I was in game. I did record the match though and submit a ticket, not sure if anything happened to them.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,896
    Options

There's literally a challenge in the current tome where you have to sabo a hook twice within 10m of the killer. Would they be going against the rules trying to complete a challenge set by the devs?

• SantaKlawz1
    SantaKlawz1 Member Posts: 191
    Options

One of the new challenges released yesterday is to Sabo hook nearby killer carrying a survivor. Sabo'ing hooks are going to be real popular for a week or two.

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 452
    edited August 2023
    Options

It might have been. One was feng with standard costume the other might have had a skin. It seemed very much like they were on comms with the killer too. Another player was a Nick cage. I thought they were alright but come to think of it they did a gen right next to what was going on.

Ghostface had like a devil costume or something along those lines black with red in the middle.

• AchlysShadeslayer
    AchlysShadeslayer Member Posts: 19
    Options

Unfortunately the game is just that way sometimes, I've had games on killer And survivor where there was NOTHING I could do due to certain add-ons, characters, or builds. I can't tell you how many times I was just looking to complete a "escape a trial" challenge only to go against a impossible skill check doctor or a simple thanato legion with jolt and nurse's. At the same time I've tried to do fun builds as killer and gone up against 2 survivors running background player and flashlights and I couldn't get even one hook for 3 gens cause they would down where there weren't walls for me to use to avoid the blind. In dbd, due to no difference between try hards and for fun players you can get shoved into unwinnable situations and you just have to play your best, suck it up, and que up again. If you get lucky you can get a fun match.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

funniest ######### ive ever seen in my 5 years on this forum