The endurance/haste meta is out of hand

Options
HauntedKnight
HauntedKnight Member Posts: 385
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I can already hear the refutes to this video’s arguments now. Something along the lines of:

1. It’s just one video! It doesn’t prove anything!
  2. That was probably a coordinated SWF, solos could never pull it off!
  3. Only SWF’s are using perk combos like buckle up and for the people! Hardly anyone runs these perks!
  4. Adrenaline and Hope are fine! You have to wait till end game anyway to get value!
  5. Situations like this are rare! Most survivors are total n00bs and you’ll win 98.7% of games with any killer unless you’re trash. Tl:dr= skill issue!
  6. The stats prove made for this isn’t even that popular! It doesn’t need changing!

Look, I’m not saying that these games happen all the time. But they happen way more frequently than some players want to admit. Endurance coupled with haste is severely affecting a lot of the killer roster and a lot of killer players. I know it’s anecdotal but I guarantee if you asked ANYONE who has played killer since End Transmission they would say they see in average 2/3 Made For This in each game. Similarly Buckle Up and FTP started out with a little bit of use and now it’s use is skyrocketing in my games. It’s just ridiculous.

People say the game is balanced for casuals, but right now it feels like this game is balanced for casual survivors. Killers should not have to be tanking through this many hits UNLESS they are tunnelling. There simply is not the time available in the game when survivors are efficient on gens to be dealing with these perks, especially in these combinations.

Something similar happened to Otz in a video he posted this week. But he was clown, on the game, using a very suboptimal build and clearly going up against a well coordinated team. Ok, so fine. People will argue that in his games he’s obviously going to up against these types of opponents because of his MMR, therefore he should lose that type of scenario.

So what about the video I’ve shared? A content creator yes, but a self proclaimed decent/intermediate player on devotion 5 (not indicative skill I know, but just demonstrating much less hours than someone like Otz) facing these types of builds game after game. Is this actually healthy game design? Is it a matchmaking issue? Whatever it is, it is not appealing to players who want to just load up for a few games and play some DBD to be hit with this current survivor meta. And I fully reject the notion that these builds/tactics are rare. They may start that way but this playerbase is competitive, they catch on quickly.

Comments

• Ayesha
    Ayesha Member Posts: 38
    Options

Here in asian server you will faced with many of serious player who use every nook and cranny of perks meta they can find, and oh boy the video really are spot on. No matter if they solo, duo, trio, full squad, high mmr survivors meta currently are frustrating to face tbh.

I often play swf with 1 or 2 friends but we not even using those meta perks, just plain map and stealth build. But after the meta shifting to the current one we took a break around 2 weeks ago till now, and maybe until devs make a change that make sense for once.

I remember using this forum to report a game breaking bug that not fixed for whole season, not even mid season patch tried to fix it. Now I'm back on Singularity update, and this meta bs happened.

Thanks for the post, just hope they able to acknowledge this. 😁

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,127
    Options

I kinda stopped at the point where it mentioned "fun killer" and "actually good survivor" (which, judging by the perks used also means meta builds).

This game is "whoever brings the stronger stuff"-sided. Whichever side that may be.

However, there are exceptions to the rule; e.g. Knightlight who, on the one hand, has a 1v1-loadout-Trapper winstreak (aka Trapper without traps, add-ons or actually useful perks) -- but on the other hand smokes pretty much any not-cheating-Huntress with the other Eternal guys during their survivor winstreak (where they each run only one exhaustion perk - and different ones at that).

• Worgen
    Worgen Member Posts: 67
    edited August 2023
    Options

these perks and addons are problematic on every levels of skill not just casuals. this perks need to change, they are unacceptable in this form.But when we look with BHRVs eyes, everything is balanced beacuse killers have nurse spirit and blight so...

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    Options

Damn, that was painful to watch.

I can't be bothered to deal with this. So I'll just keep doing my part and have a break.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,118
    Options

i did not see anything wrong. the guy is facing an experienced survivor squad while being middle road player with less experience. this is like survivor loading into a match and the killer killing them in 3 hooks in 2 minutes because they did not know how to play survivor.

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 385
    Options

Did you see the part of the video where he said that was the seventh game in a row facing very similar builds? That is the problem.

Being out skilled is fair. Being out perked is just stupid.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

out perked makes no sense. every game is 4 perks vs 16 perks. he is being out skilled as he has trouble playing the killer he selected.

Did you see the part of the video where he said that was the seventh game in a row facing very similar builds?

yes. that is called meta. every game has one.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    Options

I have seen same thing with Otz. Is he middle road player?

Fact is you don't even need to have tournament level survivors to be bully squad. They can just get carried by perks.

• KoreWaPantsu
    KoreWaPantsu Member Posts: 65
    Options

You can't use that math here. He's not talking about the max number of the perks (you're talking like there's only one survivor with 16 perks against a killer with 4, it doesn't even makes sense) but the effect that the perks give at every specific survivor (so, yeah, 4).

I'm in the same situation: I used to find this game fun and interesting (with good results, btw) now it's just boring and frustrating (the reason I stopped playing) 'cause as a killer you're forced to longer and pointless chases, while survivors just genrush the map and don't even let you play.

Read me here: they don't let you play the game (yeah, like killers camping and tunneling, exactly).

Having a meta is fine. But the meta should be as fair as possible. Right now, the meta (for survivors) is not, giving a hard time even to experienced killers (just search for infos, there's plenty). You're talking about an entire pandemic build focus on endurance and haste that kicks in only when injured (that means that the killer did well, but the survivor is rewarded). MfT is completely invisible, you don't know it's there and this single element changes EVERYTHING. It's a matter of inches, when you swing your attack and you fail 'cause there's a 3% haste effect that you don't really know it's there. It's like DH all over again.

A single perk that gives you TWO of the BEST effects in the game. TOGETHER. It's meta? Sure. It's frustrating, gamebreaking and even humiliating (yes, humiliating) for the killer? Absolutely.

Right now, as a killer, you have to chase faster survivors doing their things faster, and hit them three times to get a single down, for a match that lasts like... 5~7 minutes?

If the meta for survivors (as I stated before) turns the killer (a player, just like the survivors) in a tool for the fun of others, then the game is broke. And trust me: it's the situation we're living right now. And it's even more complicated that this.

Do not summarize all this situation in "it's meta" or "skill issue" because it's not. Just go on Youtube or Google and see that yourself. Btw, a game that focus on cooperation should emphatize diversity in builds. Having 4 survivors running the same build and being rewarded for being injured (aka mistakes or the killer playing well) it's just disarming and completely out of focus for a game like DBD.

• gamerscrybecauseofme
    gamerscrybecauseofme Member Posts: 366
    edited August 2023
    Options

Made for this. If we just forget that the survivor has to be injured 1st, we can say what we like. If we then forget that the survivor will have needed to do a relatively risky action, heal close enough to a killer for the endurance to still be useful, I don't see any issue. Learn a ranged killer. Only thing that needs addressing is that the killer should know that made for this is active.

Also, we have been saying that bhvr need to nurf the mechs that these perks cover, but oh well, killers disagree. Have fun 😊

Remember, the only S tier killer is the rando in the lobby. Which could also be you!

• saintjimmy456
    saintjimmy456 Member Posts: 185
    Options

Maybe the YouTube content creator is suffering from karma, for making me look at a cutaway reference for every word he said.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    Options

Learn a ranged killer?

Oh right, because it's lovely experience to play rock loops as 110% where you can't use your power....

Learn Blight/Nurse is correct advice

• Devil_hit11
    edited August 2023
    Options

otz was frusterated at playing clown on Gideon. it is different. no one has fun against Gideon type loops unless you are playing a killer that has good tile shutdown like Knight or Nurse.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    Options

Well, it happened at Garden of Joy too, but that's also not really best example for balanced map.

MFT just makes it even worse.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

garden of joy is like #1 or #2 most survivor-sided map. I often don't know if it is harder to win on mother dwelling or that map against good teams. they both feel as survivor sided. MFT is powerful perk. I said it from very start but like I said. I don't think it unplayable. Otz recently made video about saying same thing. In his video, he only said major problem of MFT is haste stacking and this is because.... if your faster than killer then you create infinities. at the same time, Hope only occurs in end game and killer can open exit gate to start end game timer, so it is not hostage situation like old dbd 2016. it is just makes killer end game very unfavourable unless your running NOED.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    Options

He suggested:

-remove haste stacking

-remove endurance part of the perk

-create visual display of the perk (so killer knows from start)

If they do those things, then I am completely fine with it.