Killer needs a strong anti-exhaustion perk

Options
Exarion
Exarion Member Posts: 69
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

With all the overpowered exhaustion heavy survivor meta killer really needs a strong S tier anti-exhaustiong perk. Not rapid brutality, genetic limits, blood echo, fearmonger or some other weird stuff, but a strong anti-exhaustion perk that you can rely upon. With OP perk like MFT now being part of the game it's only fair.

Who knows maybe it's already on the way in one of the next chapters. Also genetic limits and blood echo can really use a buff or rework.

Comments

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,211
    Options

Buff Septic Touch so it actually has a use.

• Exarion
    edited August 2023
    Options

all the anti-exhaustion perks are in a poor state right now except maybe fearmonger, no wonder perk like MFT is such a pain.

I think this is a perfect time to start buffing them finally.

Post edited by Exarion on
  • xPrinceHarlequinx
    xPrinceHarlequinx Member Posts: 180
    Options

I actually don't disagree with this. I feel like a lot of the reason there's such an uproar when a new exhaustion perk comes out is because there is so very little you can actually do to negate them. I don't think boons are the survivor equivalent of hexes, at least not anymore, its exhaustion perks. If killers have a super strong perk its able to be disabled at some point, it has a limit, there's a counter of some sort, etc. Made For This doesn't necessarily have an answer in chase and you are essentially punished for not instadowning them.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2023
    Options

Blood Echo + Fearmongerer as a combo is really nice against made for this I find, they have to give up working on gens to get their exhaustion back

• Orochi
    Orochi Member Posts: 183
    Options

Almost every Killer would use this perk and destroy perk diversity which the devs hate, so no

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,270
    Options

Facts.

With how you can guarantee there will always be an Exhaustion perk on every survivor you’d “think” the exhaustion perks killers have would be meta. But they’re not and almost never ran.

Why aren’t killer exhaustion perks ran when it’s the best meta to run them?

Because nearly all of them are completely terrible and way undertuned.

Why are Exhaustion perks tuned so high to always be meta yet anti exhaustion perks are so undertuned that they’re never seen?

They need heavy buffs across the board to the plethora of them.

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

My guess is that the devs don't want perks that counter exhaustion to be easly acessable.

Since exhaustion are almost like an ability for a survivor, i guess easy negation of those perks aren't going to be a thing.

Still, i do agree that they could buff some of the anti exhaustion perks for killer.

Having fearmonger as the only viable one after all this time is kinda sad.

A Hex that causes permanent exhaustion until broken would be cool.

Maybe an exhaustion after hooking a survivor all survivors within a certain range become exhausted, sort of like blood echo but with a range restriction instead of injures.

Idk, people can be creative with it.

• Exarion
    Options

the only thing we have right now is fearmonger and it's a effective if you gank gens constantly, but mostly on killers who have small terror radius or no terror radius, when they hear and see you from 32m they can always recover exhaustion before you start chasing them. Other than fearmonger, everything else is either terrible, very unreliable or requires 2 perk slots to counter 1 perk slot, even then it's not 100% counter and that is just ridiculous, you would think sacrificing 2 slots should pay off.

Even Fearmonger can use a buff to start being effective on most killers, rather than just stealth ones and knight.

• WilliamSN
    WilliamSN Member Posts: 524
    Options

Imo, a simple fix would be to make the exhaustion effect be something more than a survivor perk timer.

For example: for every 1s of exhaustion = 0.1% hindered / 10s = 1% / 20= 2% , etc.

Exhaustion perks still provide the chase extension its designed to, at the cost of being a tiny bit slower after that.

Would also prevent fearmonger and blood echo from being wasted perk slots incase nobody is running exhaustion perks.

If survivors claim a 3% haste isn't "big of a deal" surely a 3% hindered that decreases when you start recovering exhaustion isn't either.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,944
    edited August 2023
    Options

they're too high commit currently.

in order to run a valid exhaustion build, you need to run fearmonger #1 but fearmonger is 5 seconds. it needs to be 10 second at least for exhaust to be good as isolated perk.

to fix 5 second problem of fearmonger, you need run blood echo, a perk that inflicts 40 seconds of exhaustion but only on INJURED survivors. a big portion of killer cast has poor anti-loop/chase potencial and is not good at keeping people injured so blood echo situational. so already this makes only good on legion/plague. for other killers to have somewhat meaningful injure pressure, they need to use a 3rd perk called sloppy butcher that makes healing take longer so now they can apply exhaustion properly and keep exhaustion properly. that is 3 perk slots. 75% of a killer build to counter 1 perk.

genetic limit is slugging perk. it is meant to inflict exhaustion when slugging, so when people heal, you apply exhaustion. problem is nobody aims to slug with 99% of killer cast so this is pointless. also it only applies to healer... not to both people according otz. I never even tried to run this perk for how bad it is.

septic touch is nurse calling that applies exhaustion in TR. again that is even more useless then blood echo. If this was ever going to be remotely effective exhaustion, you might as well make this perk global with 0 range restrictions.

they already have plenty of perks with exhaustion. they're just not good.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • Exarion
    edited August 2023
    Options

I thought about this hindered too, probably a bit tough to balance but can be done.

I'm okay with exhaustion perks being "wasted" if no one is running exhaustion perks, but only if they're effective at their job, currently they're not really a big deal, more of a small inconvenience like survivor can't do gens and recover, so they instead go heal and recover exhaustion.

Post edited by Exarion on
  • CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619
    edited August 2023
    Options

"Killer needs a strong anti-exhaustion perk"

No, weed an actuall build-in mechanic. You know, not a band-aid crap bhvr does.

• Exarion
    edited August 2023
    Options

Okay how is it fair that already strongest perks effect-wise do not have any good counters on top of that, from my point of view it's just imbalanced. I don't care if people are used to it, it's a fact.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,270
    Options

Yup I agree. TLDR they’re all wayy undertuned to be viable and to even make them function you have to commit a good chunk of your entire build combining perks and then you’re left wondering why you just made a meme build wasting all your perk slots to prevent just 1 of theirs.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,944
    edited August 2023
    Options

i feel like that intended because they do not want it to be slot efficiency for killer to counter a survivor perk. it is little bit like survivors picking perks to counter hex totems. they do not want you to pick counter-force and just counter all totem builds. they want you to equip a map, run detectives hutch and if you want 2nd perk slot, counter-force and if you 3rd perk slot small game.

I am pretty sure it is intended by design. OP probably saying he want counter to MFT which if going by 1:1 perks would be 3% haste. there are haste perks for killer but they are not that great..

• mca240
    mca240 Member Posts: 456
    Options

They need to nerf MFT. With your proposal every killer would run that perk. Perk diversity will be dead (it already is, almost every killer is forced to run slowdowns).

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205
    Options

Every killer (except two) needs some slowdown, but there are kinda 4 valid paths.

M1 - jolt, sloppy

Block - deadlock, corrupt, no way out, DMS

Passive regression - pain resonance, ruin

Kicking - pop, eruption

Ruin is good basically only on few killers. It was over-nerfed, so it's just bad for most killers. I like it on Nemesis, Plague, Skully, Legion.

Deadlock doesn't work with most slowdowns except other blocking. That's probably main thing holding it back.