Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The trickster on console

I think we can all agree, or atleast those of us who have played trickster on console that it is a very frustrating experience. And yes I know controller is always at a disadvantage when it comes to needing to aim well in any game but when it comes to playing the trickster it is extremely difficult, even near impossible to aim well atleast to the level of pc players. Please Bhvr do something to address this like give the trickster aim assist on console or just something to bridge the gap between pc and console tricksters. Us console tricksters suffer in silence :(

Comments

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669

I used to main him but controller drift said hello and won't leave. Just made him impossible to use even when the drift was minor.

• MarylinMonhoe
    MarylinMonhoe Member Posts: 129

I understand the pain. I am a PC player using controller because I am lazy.

So as a surv, I can't 360 (it's always an epic fail)

As a killer, this prevents me to use Huntress, Trickster, Deathslinger, Blight, Oni, Billy, Ceno and sometimes the Twins

• DeepWound
    DeepWound Member Posts: 7

I’ve had my fair share of controller drift and I hate it too. Not only that but I think dbd just isn’t optimised well for console there seems to be some sort of weird input lag when compared to pc

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,958

A little too late, but as a tip for that, buy some alcoholic wipes and wipe down your controller after you use it, especially if your hands are sweaty.

What causes stick drift is the gunk of dead skin and sweat accumulating around the sticks then falling in the controller and getting under the sensors. So make sure you turn the sticks all the way to each edge and keep them clean.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,750

The harshest thing to me with Trickster is the inconsistent and unpredictable recoil that makes it impossible to stay on target.

It's already insanely rough to aim with a controller in this game to begin with. But when you add in his awful recoil, input lag trying to compensate for both aiming and that recoil, and unstable framerate too he is actually unplayable.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669

It wasn't that ha ha. I've been playing on console for a long time and it's only happened now because I dropped my controller and it managed to land exactly on the right joystick...

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Billy and Blight are actually quite good in controller imo. Sure not as good with mouse and keyboard but they're still playable.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,958

Oh... well... that'll do it xD

I know that Trickster on controller has significantly lower recoil compared to mouse to compensate for the natural difficulties aiming.

I wouldn't be against the option perce', however I'm not sure auto aim will help so much.... As a console player myself I actually find myself always turning off auto aim most of the time, cause my brain can't seem to assimilate it, and it tends to drag my aim away from where I actually want to hit (in games where headshots count, being dragged to centre mass is damned annoying)... I also despise it cause I've seen the unbelievable aim bot style hits I've taken on console that would NEVER had been hit, even on PC xD

DbD is a bit of a special beast though, headshots aren't a factor, instead the Trickster is trying to hit things trying to slip behind terrain... The concern for me is would auto aim here also try to drag me to centre mass and cause me to hit into the wall or the centre of a pallet, instead of the half of the character still visible to me? There is a kind of auto aim on the melee apparently. It's not a gameplay thing, merely a mechanic to make hits look better on both players screens, but I have had a few cases of the aim correction on melee attacks dragging me into door frames and missing. It is rare, not enough to really complain about, but this is what I would fear having aim assist on throwing attacks :D

That said, I've played Huntress, but I haven't had a go at Trickster myself yet, I'm also aware he is one of the harder killers to play as well... as maybe this scenario I'm highlighting is a rare occurance that the general benefit would outweigh it 🤔

• GreatTurki
    GreatTurki Member Posts: 11

Unfortunately, the main issue with trickster and any other aim-centred killer is that DBD has a HIGH fixed deadzone minimum input for the controller sticks (I’m guessing the values are around 10-15). Meaning that should the deadzone input be reduced to say, 5 for example, it would make aiming tremendously better but that would also mean experiencing stick drift more often (only IF your sticks do drift in first place, otherwise everything would be perfect).

• jordanjustice
    jordanjustice Member Posts: 110

lol. "Devs, take away the skill part of the killer and just do it for me". Are you kidding? Aim Assist? LOL. OMG. Trickster is one of the most annoying killers in DBD to go against... You want an 80-90% DC rate, give him Aim Assist. Jeez. Just play another killer that you are suited to play. If you don't have the necessary tools to play a certain killer, don't play them. Plain and simple.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Tricksters got a lot off issues, that being one of them.

He's also just really bad and has design problems. He needs a small rework to how he functions.