Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Head On & Trail of Torment aura changes

Head On is a really fun perk. It really shines in SWF-s, since you can tell your teammates which locker you are in. In solo queue, good luck... So this idea is what I heard from someone else but, how about every time you enter a locker with Head On, and you're not exhausted, the locker's aura is shown to any survivor within x meters from you? Think about it, SWFs have this info readily available, while solo q-s don't.

Trail of Torment gen aura should not be yellow, but different color. In a SWF, you'd ask your teammates, "did you bring wiretap or blast mine?" or "Did you activate blast mine just now"? In solo q, you would assume the yellow aura is wiretap or blast mine, and then you'll get jumpscared and insta-downed by tier 3 Myers or a Bubba.

Comments

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 421

"Head On is a really fun perk"

Survivor moment.

• MizukiAyu
    MizukiAyu Member Posts: 32

I love facing Head On vs certain other exhaustion perks, so a buff for solos that would encourage it's use? I whole heartily agree.

Trail is a bit trickier. It's already an incredibly weak perk that rarely gets value because it advertises itself. A unique color that says 'Hey Trail is in play come touch this NOW' is bad, it just makes the perk almost impossible to use. Making survivors guess why a gen is yellow is why all those perks use the same color, but I don't think that's a good choice either, at least with something the killer is doing. How about something like Pentimento, where it reveals itself as a Hex but doesn't say *where* it was rekindled? The survivor(s) who was on the gen would know where just like when whoever broke a totem knows where to look, but there's still some mystery for the killer's sake. A new status icon or something to say 'the killer is under the effects of Trail of Torment' that flashes up just like a Hex (so if you miss it, you only see the icon and when future perks are added to this new category, you're questioning what it is) and you know you need to find a regressing gen!