Should Billy’s engraving add-ons not have the charge penalty?

Options
WishIcouldmain
WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

So, this issue tears me. Because on one hand Billy hasn’t been that popular in a while, these are already his best add-ons, so that could help. And other killers like Oni and Blight who have speed add-ons don’t get a penalty like this. But on the other hand it’s been here a while, and maybe it’d be too strong, and maybe it just means Oni’s and Blight’s speed add-ons could use something similar. What are your thoughts?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,255
    Options

I think the Engravings are completely fine the way they are.

Billy needs a few base kit adjustments and an addon rework. And BHVR should try to fix some collisions. That would help him a lot and probably make him a more popular pick.

New Hillbilly players will already have trouble managing his base speed, so they probably won't mess around with Engravings anyway.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I can understand players thinking Doom Engravings are his best add on. It’s a fine enough argument. But Death Engravings are not his second best add ons.

And double engravings are a meme build.

My Billy add on argument aside, I think Pighouse Gloves should be reworked to what OP is suggesting. No charge time penalty and, instead of +15 or +20 movement speed, +7 to +10 chainsaw movement speed. These can mix and match with just about anything and be an instant favorite for players.

Another idea is Pighouse Gloves remove the downsides or activation requirements from any other add on. And Billy is ridiculously loaded down with addons with downsides and activation requirements.

Hence why so many players want an add on pass given to Hillbilly ala Huntress. She got a great rework those years ago. Billy did not.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,056
    Options

I would make his green engravings basekit and remove the charge penalty. I'd also change his movement speed to 100% while revving so you don't actively lose distance. That's just where I'd start. I think Billy is pretty terrible if the survivors are any good.

Billy is an odd one on the roster. In many cases, his strength still gets judged based on how the game was and how he performed in 2018. But he's a C tier or low B tier killer these days. He can perform well if survivors greed a lot on very specific maps and you're mechanically precise. But he doesn't have a power at a tile if the survivors play it safe and drop the pallet.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,748
    Options

charge add-on have drawbacks because they were meant to be paired with charge reduction add-on's. billy's counter-play is based off out-running his slow chain saw movement when charging. it allows you to LOS when looping tightly. it is bvhr design of giving killer excessive easy-counter-play instead of using survivor skill to side-step the chainsaw.

Oni does not have drawbacks due to his balance being based off the acquisition of demon fury which is also over-balanced because.... it takes while to get demon fury + possibility to gen-rush while injured. there is also counter-play in term of prediction of angles with Oni. Using angles to loop demon fury takes skill. starving Oni is easier.

Blight does not have drawbacks on movement speed add-on because his power was not originally designed to be used at loops. it was meant to be used between loops as counter to hold-w strategies. killer players found certain techs to better control blight at loops so his power became top-tier as a result.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,239
    Options

Think Engravings should just be basekit... or just this:

(Please BHVR, Ill get yall some Tims when I come by Montreal next year)

• Orochi
    Orochi Member Posts: 183
    Options

I don't think anyone would want to use any other add ons if this were the case. Billy should just get a couple buffs because I miss him :(

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,428
    Options

I don’t see why not, his add-ons are pretty mediocre for the most part. Mother’s Helpers & Black Grease are too situational and should be buffed/reworked as well.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options

Agreed, and it's a shame too because he's so fun to play. There's no reason these days to pick him over the big 3.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,747
    Options

I'm in support for any buff involving billy.