The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Let's try something new

How about instead of all the negative threads we share something good that's happened in your time playing dbd, can be anything from a stupid funny glitch to swfin with granny.

One of my most fun games ever was during the Christmas event and we all hopped in the snowmen and just snowflake fived for like 10 minutes then played hide and seek, and what made it so cool was that the entire lobby was randoms.

I feel the forums need some form of positivity every once and a while to show new players that it's not all toxicity and sadness.

Comments

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,320
    edited August 2023

A 4-hour standoff against a nurse on Midwhich in a certain spot. Neither of us would D/C. Good times.

The funniest would probably be my first ever 4-man hatch escape. It was kinda wild trying to coordinate everything from the hatch spawning in, finding it, and getting everyone to go through it without Killer catching on or killing one of us by that point. We were all hollerin' in chat once we pulled it off. Felt like escaping Alcatraz or somethin like that.

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

I've recently found a newfound joy in playing Pig. Now is it because I realized how busted running 6 RBTs and Call of Darkness is? Partially, maybe. But I just find her ambush charge so satisfying to land, as good a feeling as managing a head pop.

As for recent endeavors, it felt great managing a win on midwich against a duo running these perks that made them nearly, if not equal to, killer speed. Their fatal mistake was not cutting corners and allowing bloodlust, and paired with STBFL they fell apart after several minutes of holding W.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636

I got the 4-man hatch escape trophy with randoms way back in the day. No clue how I got all 3 of them to cooperate. The Legion we faced that game was not happy.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,320
    edited August 2023

Nice. Escaping through the hatch with randoms was always such a gamble ime. I think I only had two, maybe three games at most getting out with randos cause someone would die before hatch spawned or there was that one surv that just didn't get the memo and everyone left them behind xD. Seems like when I did want to try, that thing would never conveniently spawn at 3 gens, and id just end up wasting much time running around looking for the darn thing.

Post edited by Nun_So_Vile on
  • Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

Speaking of hatch escapes, I remember playing with some random person in SoloQ who asked in the lobby if anyone had a spare key that they needed for the challenge of opening the hatch with it. At the exact same time I had the escape through the hatch with a map but I had ran out of them, so we equipped each other's respective items, loaded into the game, swapped items and after the Blight killed everyone but us, we got out and completed our challenges. It was a rare, but real nice SoloQ experience.

• Z0mbiv0r
    Z0mbiv0r Member Posts: 301

I can't tell, I enjoy DbD quite a lot. Discovering the game and the maps the first time was amazing. I specially have good memories of playing in Lery's. It is a great game, and some members of this community are the best. I really enjoy matches in which I don't escape but at leats I get to make a successfull risky save which allows my team to survive.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199
    edited August 2023

Load into a lobby with two Bills, swap to Bill, last survivor also swaps to Bill. Great game that ended in a four man bodyblock relay to the exit.

Another game more recently. Pig, 2 hook everyone, then muck about for boops. Everyone lines up at the exit gate for a four man slug race.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

my mouse broke in the middle of the game and i couldn't change my line of sight anymore. during the endgame the killer noticed it and carried me out the gate. that was the nicest thing a player has done in the last year.

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 658

The most fun time I’ve ever had was the final day of the stranger things map.

• Moonras2
    Moonras2 Member Posts: 359

Mine wasn't from something happening but actually from endgame chat. Someone had camped at the end of the game trying to secure a kill. Well a survivor threw a fit in end game chat and the killer posted back, "just bought a new tent at Walmart, had to test it out!". For some reason it just sent me into laughter and I've never forgotten it.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

recently I had a pig chase me while I had an active trap. while crouched so my timer would count down. she wanted the head pops from her addons.

so I did a box in her face and got it off. I then pointed at her face and she stabbed me. great stuff.

at one point she had everyone but me and 1 guy down. I had a second active trap and everyone was downed around the last 2 boxes, so when I managed to get it off she saw me and chased me for seath hook. and I managed to run her until everyone but me was fully healed, and then they bodyblocked for me to escape from her shoulder.

which only delayed the inevitable for a bit, there was nothing else to use around there anymore. but it was great. bill went down finishing the last gen for the team and feng (like 90% sure it was feng) got a hatch escape right on her face.

this game is fun man.

also, yesterday during a ghostface match I was chasing someone around main building on the singularity map. they ran inside and I was like "I should probably drop this chase and find someone in a worse place, this might take a while" I then heard a vault noise, turn around, and they drop right in front of me.

as they say... we take those

• Wylrin
    Wylrin Member Posts: 98

Some of the pre-game chats are very entertaining when one or more people has a goofy Steam name or something.

As for actual gaming moments, there have been countless of them over the years, but these immediately came to mind:

• Having a Dwight stand on the other side of a window and wave me to come get him. I was playing as Michael Myers, so I just stood and stared at him. He got the hint when I went into Tier II, at least. There have been other Dwights who just stayed put.
    • Putting Victor in a "play pen" while playing as the Twins. It was on the Eyrie of Crows map. There are these tiny fenced sections in the middle of the map (I think they're fenced-in graves, but I can't remember for sure.) I was farming with two survivors because one killed themselves and the other disconnected. A Feng was following me as I ran around as Victor. I decided to try jumping into one of the fenced areas. It was actually very difficult to land in there. Not because of the size of the area, but because it was so clogged with the tombstone (I think) and bushes and such that anytime I tried, Victor would get stuck on something and die from being too high up. I'd always shake my head and try again. It got to the point where Feng was watching me and we'd both shake our heads when I died. Eventually, I managed to get Victor in his play pen, and we both were snapping our necks nodding so much. The other survivor came over after the generators were done and Victor was given boops in his new crib. <3
    • Vibing with a moonwalking Myers.
    • Farming with survivors as the Pig because someone immediately disconnected or something. The last three had traps on their heads. The one survivor (a Kate, I think) let herself die as a thank you and amusement factor, so the last two survivors and I just crouched around her body in memorial. Then the other two were taken by the Entity in the Endgame Collapse.
    • Catching two people in the bathroom of the Game map as a Trapper, so I just put a trap in the doorway. One hopped into a locker and the other stepped in the trap.
    • Stuffing my face in the corner as the Hillbilly after I played horribly. I kept peeking at the survivor right there with me and snapping my head back to my corner like I was being grounded.
    • Getting Hubris to work with the Hag.
    • Surprising and/or probably confusing survivors as a Huntress running Save the Best For Last, Franklin's Demise, and Hoarder.
    • Hiding with three Dwights in the basement as a Claudette.
    • Literally any time I got a generator grab as Mr. Myers, The Pig, or Ghostface.
    • Throwing a gas party with a Clown.
    • Co-oping on a generator with a crouched, enthusiastically nodding Pig.
    • Me stopping and staring disappointedly at the corpse of a survivor who disconnected. Another survivor came over to butt dance over the remains and shake their head.

This last one doesn't count as a gaming moment, but I had a dream in the middle of Covid about Michael Myers tending to his garden in a pink apron. He was wearing his Halloween mask, and over that, he was wearing a medical mask. The Shape respects social distancing, apparently. XD

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645

The best match I had was Mini Mori Freddy on Meat Plant. This was years ago. Survivors were mega sweaty. Had a key. Flashlights. I had remember me so it took longer for them to leave. I downed the Kate at EG. Then Nea hit me with the pallet by the Van. Obsession changed. I ran over to down Nea. I hooked Kate, and I used Rancor to kill Nea with the key.

Never had a match that satisfying before.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I love that we currently have no oppresive slowdown meta that anyone could complain about. So people instead open threads listing reasons why MFT doesn´t require a nerf. Its almost like they are convinced that a nerf is unavoidable and the devs silence is driving them crazy.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,270

i love you guys

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145
    edited August 2023

Running from Bubba in the Badhman boiler room as Mikaela...and then I ran face-first into Kate coming the other way. It ended exactly like you imagine it ended, but it was just too slapstick to get mad over.

Getting two disconnects in a game where I was playing Ghostface, so I stopped attacking and used the game for stalking practice, seeing how many times I could mark the remaining two without them spotting me.

Also, there was one time as Yun-Jin that I got hooked by the Trapper, who put traps to either side of the hook. Bill and Mikaela run in to rescue me, don't trigger the traps, unhook me....then simultaneously step to either side and both step in a trap at the exact same moment.

And of course, a sighting of a wild Jeryl.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 611

I can talk about a particular match I had that inspired me to start shipping Nemesis x Rebecca. I was Rebecca of course, and we were in RPD. The match played normally until the first two teammates were dead. Then Nemesis found me working on the last gen, followed me down a hole, and I ran. Then I looked back to see that he wasn't chasing, he was just staring longingly at me from afar before leaving to go to the other side of the map. I could only assume that Meg was just hiding and not trying to do any gens on the other side of the map. I had last seen her aura crouching across the map as the second teammate died via Kindred. Nemesis went back and forth a few times, chasing me off the gen, kicking it, and then leaving again. He eventually found Meg and killed her as I finished the last gen. I went back into the main hall and saw Nemesis at the bottom of the stairs once again staring from afar. He came up, and both the zombies were also there. I ran from him, and Nemesis took out the zombies that were in my way. I started to look for hatch, but Nemesis opened the front exit gate and left, so I turned and went out through the gate.

I thought, how interesting that he would spare the S.T.A.R.S. member of all people. So yes, I've written a "what-if" fanfic based from that match, and more scenes in another fic with them. XD