Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Merciless Storm

Xanaecor
Xanaecor Member Posts: 9

Experiencing an issue where I hit the Merciless Storm skill check; however, it counts as a failed skill check.

6 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 465

This is still happening for me. It might not be reported much as it probably not used much.

Kill switch it again please. So annoying doing them and it locking gen still.

• VirtuaTyKing

Yep just happened in another game. Might have possibly been a 4 man out if not for this.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Can confirm as recently as this weekend, still glitched.

Might be a shot in the dark, but I think it's that the last skillcheck's hitbox is halved while visually still being whole ? I generally hit skillchecks on the second half of the hitbox, as my response time is what it is.

Everytime I've tested the perk with a friend in customs, I was focused on hitting the skillchecks to prove that it didn't work, and hit the last skillcheck in its first half, and the perk worked as intended.

However, in real games everytime the gen got blocked despite me thinking that I hit the skillcheck at the right time, the cursor was in the perfect middle of the skillcheck, which would be a funny coincidence that I would hit it perfectly like that each time.

That's why I think the hitbox is halved, but I'll have to test it further to be certain.

• VirtuaTyKing

I noticed when doing a gen with another person it didn't glitch. it's done it every time when alone though for me. Please killswitch it's made a big difference in games I've played.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669

Merciless Storm has always had some sort of bug issues every so often. It's weird.

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595

Made a thread earlier about this - didn't realize it was a duplicate. Can't believe it's been going for four months.

Platform - PS5

Issue - Hitting all skill checks, but at the 7th skill check on one generator, and the 10th skill check on another generator, despite the arrows being right in the middle of the skill checks, turn red and exploded. (Also can provide video evidence if wanted)

Reproduce - it happened recently before, but don't remember the circumstances. This one was against Nightmare, both time in the Dream World.

Is it maybe possible that the skill checks for Merciless Storm is being overlapped with a normal skill check which we can't see?

• Grimjaeden
    Grimjaeden Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1