Do you think Xeno's turrets need a buff or his turret addons need a small nerf?

Vanishlord
Vanishlord Member Posts: 551
edited August 2023 in General Discussions

I think his power is fine if it is easier to disable his power wkth turrets I think buffing turrets would be enough and if not nerf the addons a bit. I don't want him to be ruined. Please share your opinions I want to see if I'm being dramatic or not.

Even if they made it so there are more turrets in the containers becuase it takes two to disable his power since he can break them no problem.

Comments

• Luckyfer
    Luckyfer Member Posts: 80

A big nerf.

It'd be a nice change to be forced to play something else.

Who needs survivor players anyway,lmao----BHVR clearly not killer biased

Followed by "Pretty good job so far" --- *High Five*

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,393

I'm not sure if turret stuff needs to be nerfed/buffed right now since his tail attack is a bit bugged and not giving proper slowdown. Since Xenomoprh should be moving at 2.0m/s after a tail attack for 3 seconds and that does not seem to be the case.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I think nothing needs to be touched.

The add-ons are training wheels for new players to get them more comfortable with the turrets. I don't use them anymore and can deal with badly placed turrets consistently.

The turrets themselves are also fair you get one chance to hit them and if you miss you lose your power. How they were before you basically couldn't react to them without add-ons.

Everything is in a good place now. Turrets arn't weak they're just not free value.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,238

The turrets probably need a buff. It seems like they took all the wrong feedback from Singularity. "You can just grab and go and use it while running." Ok, now you have to spend 2-3s grabbing the turret, get 35% hindered while carrying the turret, and 2-3s to set up the turret after you get the wonky collision to actually accept placement on the map (more disgusting on indoor maps/structures). On top of all that, the Killer can reaction tail whip a turret without add-ons and still stay in power. The turret add-ons (range and flame resistance) are training wheels kind of like Plaid Flannel on Nurse. Once Xenos learn the timing, they will be even more powerful.

Also if you are trying to grab a turret when Xeno pops out of the tunnel, they get a free hit. Maybe make that count as a destroyed turret (for the map limit and cooldowns), but take 2-3s longer to get out of the tunnel. There is a similar problem if you grab the turret and walk 2 steps before the Xeno emerges, but that is a different issue. To fix that, I would remove the hindered, but make it so if you run, you drop the turret without using an animation. That way you can only use the normal walk 2.26m/s instead of the current 2.6m/s 'running' speed carrying a turret with the 35% hindered. This does boost the slowdown with turrets, but removes free hits from carrying turrets as well.

• Vanishlord
    edited August 2023

Thank you unless you are some of the best players in the world or swf it seems impossible to beat him. If that is part of his design BHVR has messed up

Post edited by Vanishlord on
  • radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,971

Except the thing that you can't destroy them when you come out of a tunnel. That feels horrible.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,029

Is that a confirm bug by the devs? I just assume it was attentional power creep

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,393

The patch notes say the cooldown speed is 2.0m/s which is half the speed of a survivor's running speed. Survivors should be making distance against missed attacks so if they are not, it's likely a bug. Nothing confirmed by the devs, but someone did post a bug report.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,971

I really hope it is.

It happens so often. I get out of a tunnel, I have the brown addon to see the turrets. I go up to them,try to hit them and it doesn't do anything. Then I get blasted and my power is gone.

As I said: feels horrible.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Seems that his best addons are centered around the Turrets... so it's a mix

Buffing the Turrets will make those addons even better

Nerfing those addons will make the Turrets better

So maybe both... but we'll have to wait and see

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,238
    edited August 2023

Wow, thanks, let me take the 2 second drop item animation when the Killer is exiting the tunnel to just get hit during the animation also destroying the turret! /s

That is unless you were making a joke about giving up and not playing against Xeno, then fair enough, I'd rather any Killer not be an instant quit/give up though personally.

Edit: To be clear, some matches the turret beeping might be bugged, because it isn't making noise and the Killer comes out of the tunnel. I frequently grab a turret at the start of the match, and it doesn't beep and the Xeno emerges. By the time I drop the turret and finally start to run, they are already lunging or prepping a tail attack and they get a free hit.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 845
    edited August 2023

Unless you can set up a string of them, the turrets feel pretty useless to be honest. They don't even work well as a warning system, if the Xeno comes up from a tunnel. And I think they may even be impossible to place on certain maps. I tried to put one on the balcony of the Dead Dog Saloon but the game just wouldn't let me. Is that meant to be the case?

So far, they feel super strong to face. I think my escape rate is something like less than 10%. They feel like one of those "Oh, I guess I'll just die then" killers. Maybe it's a bit too soon to put the Xeno alongside Nurse, Blight, Spirit and Wesker, but so far I think it's up there.

If I barely see it again after the next two weeks but people are still complaining about it needing a nerf, then I'll have an idea for how strong it is because just like those other strong killers, it'll be way out of my MMR and I'll be back to facing Ghost face every other game.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236
    edited August 2023

As a console player who isn't having such an easy time playing Xeno, I hope there aren't any nerfs, it's already clunky to use the tail.

But if it is to happen, then I'd gladly take a nerf to turrets in exchange for something like a greater reduction to terror radius in crawler mode or a base enduring effect or something. Something that helps passively rather than relying on mouse-perfect aim.

They don't even work well as a warning system, if the Xeno comes up from a tunnel.

They detect Xeno in the tunnels.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Turrets are fine. They shouldn't be a guaranteed power eraser and if the killer slips up once around them powers gone but they have a chance to counter if they play well.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

I think both a turret buff and a addon nerf are warranted tbh

Crawler Mode is fine minus a couple of bugs, but the turrets could definitely do with being a bit more powerful, leading Xeno to the flame turrets is the primary way you stop them from being a threat, but the issue being that they don't do that well enough, especially when combined with the addons

• Alinpazz
    Alinpazz Member Posts: 11

If a change is impossible to avoid, just make it so his tail can't hit the turret. I think its fine as is tho.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236

I could see a Tail Attack only disabling a turret instead of destroying it. That could be fair.

The killer still gets to carry on the chase as reward for a successful play, but doesn't consume the resource so survivors can repair the turret.

• Vanishlord

His hitbox is too big though it needs to be the same size as the tail in my opinion the air damages you now I swear. This is just my opinion.