Anyone on pc managed to pip as killer now?

Eveline
Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

Requirements? I watched some streams and didn't saw anyone do it. So if survivor dc it is even more impossible? Pretty good job so far.

Comments

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

The conditions for ranking up were mentioned in a thread, I think it was the patch notes.

Ranking out should be limited to those who excel or do really well. I think it’s alright now

• Eveline

I didn't saw even good killers do it. So no one is good at the game I guess.

• Eveline

I mean people depip with 4k. What else should you do? What if survivor dc, you can't control that?

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Yeah it's a bad call. Although a lot of killers complained how it's too easy to rank up, but now it's the other way around.

I don't understand: a proper system for killer pip/depip is the simplest thing in the world.

0 kills: -2 pips

4 kills: +2 pips, and so on.

No, that would not encourage first hook (face)camping, since it's not a very effective strategy against decent survivors.

• MysticalMagic92
    MysticalMagic92 Member Posts: 123

That was the old ranking system for killers you know. It failed miserably.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I played a Plague match earlier and slugged for a 4k. Got all four kills.

The end result?

Safety Pip.

• Eveline
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Of course it is. You just have to allow free unhooks and hook everyone three times. You also have to pray that the survivors don't DC, because there's no compensation for that. Oh, and you can't lose chases, so you have to tunnel everyone.

• Orion

Indeed. You just have to play Nurse and be a god at it if you want to rank up.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Moris and dcs severely restrict your emblem results. Moris I get but dc = depip in a lot of cases.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Actually, since so many survivors DC on the live build they may have actually broken the rank system with this.

Normally I'd just say that the devs made the system much harder. However, since just 1 DC can damn you and since so many survivors DC killers might not actually be able to rank up high enough to stay with survivors. Red Ranks on survivor might actually become infinite lobbies as killers just won't be able to escape the low ranks after the next reset.

• PwnyFish
    PwnyFish Member Posts: 70

really? Cant remember that. What was the reason it didnt work?

• Orion

Mainly, survivors were upset that killers were playing for kills, and killers were bored of having to tunnel/camp every trial.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Getting pips as killer right now are broken. You're score has to be ridiculously high just to black pip. Which is unnecessary as killer has always been the harder role to play and rank in. The is lies in survivor scoring which has remained seemingly untouched. Even the players who excel at the game were depiping on their streams yesterday. Getting a 3k or a quick 4k won't even guarantee that you don't depip. You have to play a longer game, get at least 10 hooks, be very strong in chases, and keep the survivors from repairing gens for a longer time. Which is something that everyone knows is not really in the killer's control atm.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited March 2019

And survivors have to be potatoes rescueing each other all the time as soon as somebody gets hooked instead of doing 2 gens, because 2 gens will already cost you gold Gatekeeper. The only way to get iridescent as a killer is by survivors being absolutely potato. But you know I have no issues with that, I will be looking forward to stomping survivors that in no way would ever be put against me :)

• Eveline

If someone has a video of killer pipping post it here. It could become an urban legend.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited March 2019

This is why rank doesn't matter, the whole system with 15 tiers is flawed when used for matchmaking, it's also why I beleive they need to rethink the rank system itself and possibly even remove it or use as a ladder system it for montly achievement or reward system.

Remember when the emblems first came out? Survivor was harder to pip and killers complained the red ranks took too long to find a match, they made it easier again due to the match making problems, this was the problem with each side being versus for the system as that is when the deranking actually started.

When it was based on bloodpoints deranking was not an issue, emblems were meant to make the game more diverse with this change it forces players to do certain things to pip, that is not diverse gameplay.

The matchmaking is what is more important to fix and should be seperate imo, someone on the rank of 12 can and should be matched with someone at rank 1 if they are of equal stats, more factors need to come into play to determine how well they overall play.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

The survivor one is no better.

Doing gens, getting an unhook, evading the killer and escaping = safety pip

You need the killer to be getting multiple hooks, rushing unhooks yourself before other survivors get there, you need the killer to not tunnel so you can heal others, and you need to go out of your way to get in a chase and then win it.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited March 2019

I pipped once with the new killer but that was the first game where survivors basically got chainsawed by the best addons, had no addons themselves and were just derping around with 5 gens left while trying to head-on me through lockers. Even almost instakilling everybody with no pallets dropped the entire map only netted me 1 pip btw, it's probably impossible to doublepip.

• Eveline

Wow gratz.

• PwnyFish
    PwnyFish Member Posts: 70
    edited March 2019

Really? Survivors were upset that killers were playing for kills? That doesnt make much sense.

I can see the issue with the tunneling, since its pretty effective for getting kills. Its honestly a tricky game for making a fair a proper ranking system.

But what I think is wrong is, that both sides can "win" a match and rank up(at least before the PTB change, dont know how it is there)

They should have a clear Win or Loss condition (or also a draw)

• Orion
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Thank god, now I don't need to tryhard at deranking to bully newbie survivors.

• George_Soros
    edited March 2019

@MysticalMagic92 you say:

"That was the old ranking system for killers you know. It failed miserably."

How? I have a hard time believeing it, but I wasn't around back then, only since June or July. But what other objective measurement is there to assess killer's effectiveness? I understand and support rewarding a "play-nicey" style with bloodpoints, BP is more important to most people than pips anyway. But there isn't really any objective of a killer other than actually killing survivors, so rankwise, that would be the most prudent method.

• Gorgonia

It looks like you need more “synergy” between the two sides for this to work. However, a broken pipping system already got people used to doing nothing and ranking up. While some things will have to be tweaked, it will take more effort to go up in the ranks, and that means a change of mindset in both killers and survivors. You have to know you will screw not only the killer but yourself and your team if you ######### in the hook, if you DC, etc etc

• Eveline

Killers always had to do something to rank up. Now they have to do the imposssible.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

True true, but survivors will derank like tryhards to get games now =)

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

All it takes is one DC to make sure the killer doesn't pip. 3v1, 2v1, 1v1? No way you are leaving the match with a safety even if the killer/survivors are nice.

• Eveline

No more being nice I guess and letting people have the hatch if I want to black pip. :D

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Dcing should be punished by summer, so that shouldnt be a problem soon

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

DCing is punishable now. Hasn't worked out too well.

• George_Soros

@Eveline

"No more being nice I guess and letting people have the hatch if I want to black pip. :D"

That's actually a nice thought. I hate it when the killer gives me the hatch, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

• Gorgonia

This ranking system would work with a ban system properly applied. You DC and ruin others’ game? You are banned. My bf got dc due to internet issues during a ranked match at LoL and got banned for a whole day.

You camp a hooked survivor? You will probably depip. You don’t save a hooked teammate to get the hatch, you will probably depip.

A system that awards you for doing nothing doesn’t work. The current system does that. Numbers can be tweaked for the new system so it’s not that severe and it doesn’t publish you for others’ toxicity but I don’t see it wrong to reward those who play the game as intended.

As for those killers that slugged the 4 survivors and hooked them afterwards, it seems like the game is telling you that if you want to kill a survivor you need to hook them and allow for the chance of them being unhooked. That is something I would like clarification on from the devs.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Upset killers were playing for kills? What else should killers play for, peanuts and cookies?

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Who cares about pips and ranks anyways? There's still no rewards for being rank1 killer/survivor.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Pipped thrice in a row.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Yeah ban all the people who dc for some reason, then the game will be dead immediately, cause half the survs are gone. lol

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

Its possible to pip that dosent mean the ranking system on ptb is in a good place. On red ranks if you play too good you dont pip. If the survivors play good and you still kill them all you dont pip if they dc you dont pip. For you to pip the survivors have to do something but not finish the gens in a few min or a 4k wont be enough aswell.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

From what I saw so far the fact that a killer pip or not is entierly in the survivor hand with the new system.

You can literaly prevent a killer from piping by not going for save or by dcing.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Which goes for survivors too.. if the killer blows the match and doesn't hook many if any... or can't find survivors... None of the survivors will white pip.. they'll probably depip.

• Gorgonia

You are playing a ranked trial, DC, if intentional, needs to be punished.