The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Are we really not getting an update on the FoV slider?

Are we really not getting an update on the FoV slider?

So we're getting reassurance that anti-camping and anti-3 gen mechanics are being developed, but zero updates on the one and only announced quality of life change designed for killers?

And we still have zero information on whether or not the anti-camping and anti-3 gen projects will be 100% killer nerfs, or if killers will somehow get basekit help finding survivors to chase, so that it doesn't feel as necessary to camp or 3-gen? Why are these projects always portrayed as 100% nerfs for killers?

Comments

• The Devs said the FoV slider was coming either later this year or Sometime Next year in the reddit QnA. Someone else might have the link to it.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I asked it myself but.. well it didn’t get canceled or shifted lower in priority so there is that! And there is really not that much to talk about it either… it needs to get designed including perk adjustments, all of these need to get implemented, tested, including menu UI stuff, all by people that have other stuff to do (sadly mostly new chapter contents which mostly consist of new killer, survivor, including WAY too many perks if you count all of them)

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

Yes, they were asked about slowing down the rate of new killers/survivors and didn't really give a sufficient answer to that either.

I just wish they wouldn't increase the rate of new content. So far this year we've had an original chapter with two survivors, which was unnecessary, plus the Nick Cage paragraph which was additional to the normal schedule, particularly considering we're getting a killer only chapter next followed by another original survivor paragraph. Seems like these could have been paired instead of getting another original survivor.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,097

base-kit finding survivors. well there is mechanic... like that. it is called the birds. spies from the shadow? the issue is that a lot the maps lack birds and killer are not going to use spies from the shadow.