Remaining OG Freddy mains... who do you main now?

I've become borderline obsessively fascinated by OG Freddy, as a few people I've been in PM conversations will know... he's such an interesting slice of DBD history...

For anyone who mained him back in the day: -

• Who do you play now and why?
  • Does your new main bear any relation to your Freddy roots?
  • Would you return to OG Freddy if you could?

P.S. this is also a thread to gauge interest... since Freddy is backlogged for now following the AMA, I'm tempted to start up a discord chat or something for anyone who might be interested in discussing/collaborating on bringing OG Freddy back with improvements to fit modern DBD... maybe with enlugh heads together, we can put forward the best DBD forum community crack at getting a solid Freddy rework while BHVR have their hands tied?

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,774

Pyramid Head. Absolutely no resemblance to Old Freddy, I just think he's neat and I like being quirky and getting off some sick shots. I wouldn't go back, but I'd certainly add him to the currently very short list of Dorito, Slaydako, and Wraith

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 351

I was a og freddy main back then. my first p3 and the sole reason i got into dbd in 2017.

Ive mained him up to the point of sadako's release. now i main sadako.

Sadako shares 1 aspect of og freddy being the phazing in and out for a while after you demanifest. its like mind gaming a survior being pulled into the dream world. which i got pretty good at. to the point some surviors just gave up lol.

If og freddy retured he'd def be on my rotations. but he would not be my main again. i like sadako as a character way more than freddy but freddy is still one of my fav slashers ever.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,301

Legion. I like vaulting fast and stabbing. I guess the info part of Legion's power bares some resemblance to Freddy, and I'm a fan of info/macro based killers overall, which Freddy was.

I would buy the Nightmare on Elm Street chapter 20 times over if it meant I could play Old Freddy again. I'm not joking.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,262

I play most of the roster. Don't hardcore main any particular killer. Nurse is my best killer and I have the most hours on her. I don't think I'd go back to OG Freddy. I think people have some rose-tinted glasses regarding his power. It was unique, but it would be horribly unfun to face in the current meta. And he wouldn't have a fun time facing current survivors either. Especially given how much map clutter there is these days. Imagine trying to play OG Freddy on RPD.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    • Huntress, Alien and occasionally scratched mirror Myers. Because aura reading. I love aura reading.
    • nope
    • in a split second

Freddy needs his rework reversed. No nonsense like fake pallets or blood puddles. He just needs his old aura reading sleeping survivors and the ability to interact with awake survivors that perform an action. So finishing a gen or totem or heal while he has to wait and watch isn´t a thing.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,984

Didn't main him, but i share your enthusiasm for old sharp hand joe.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,838

Ghostface.

He has a similar strategic gameplay to him that old Freddy had, but doesn’t really have the same feel to him.

Old Freddy was so unique that I don’t think any killer will be able to have much resemblance to him. I really miss it :(

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 586

I loved old freddy i'd love him back with survivors passively falling asleep as they do now & only allowing clocks to wake them up or awake survivors.

They should also have some kinda penalty in the dream world small decrease to gen / healing speed ect.

This will encourage waking up & help freddy kill easier.

Sure he'd still get destroyed sometimes but most killers do!

I 4k almost all my games with freddy back in the day, the meta has changed but I still think I'd do okay.

As for the question I mostly play trapper, doc, oni, clown, bubba & myers are in rotation too odd plague & trickster game. Own every killer don't really touch the rest outside of rifts / achievements

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,215

He is my main killer now. I bought him as soon as he was released for Nintendo Switch. I never played OG Freddy then I guess.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited September 2023

Sadako, Nemesis and Wesker.

The only original killer i really liked is Nurse but i am playing her rarely now.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,899

We play everyone sans nurse, though our favorite is Artist. No killer that has come out has been similar to og Freddy and if they did reverse to og Freddy, we'd happily put him in our top 5 picks. He had drawbacks but also strange strengths and was very unique.

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 537

Never played him back in the day, but I would love to get him.

Dream Transition = Survivors suffer from Incapacitated.

End-Game (all gens done): everyone falls asleep and cannot wake up.

The two main issues solved with two simple adjustments.

• Mr_pig2099
    Mr_pig2099 Member Posts: 26

man i miss playing against Freddy. my win rate is horrendous (its like 1 out of 20 LOL) but im just a fan of freddy. the Laugh whenever the dreamstate comes in is awesome... i really wish i get to play with a lot more freddy's

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

That was one of the reason why I started playing sadako. Devs definitely took that concept from the og Freddy.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

Legion/Wraith/Clown/Pig/Freddy/Trapper

I can play everyone in the game pretty well, but those are my favorites :)

• oreoslurpee
    oreoslurpee Member Posts: 288
    • i play sadako, pig, pinhead/cenobite, and myers
    • no, the only coralation would be that their all either well known slashers or just well known horror icons
    • absolutely. all old freddy needed was his nerfs to be reverted, and to reduce his fall asleep time from 7 seconds to 4.5 or 5 seconds. also make nancys masterpiece (the old range buff one) basekit, and also give him his current generator teleportation ability. there was nothing really special about the dream world besides being able to finally M1 and that was it, so the gen tp ability will give him decent map pressure, and it should probably be buffed by reducing the cooldown from 45s to maybe 30 or 35.