Devs: Why do you hate survivors

JVJoyner
JVJoyner Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 9
edited September 2023 in General Discussions

Vaulting has been nerfed. I don't care if people say it hasn't or it was OP. It's been NERFed.

I vault with a drop today and an alien's tail goes flying over the vault, after I jumped, and I still get hit even though I'm below the vault?

I vault, land on the other side of the pallet, feet on ground, then get snatched up by the killer like they grabbed me.

I am forced to play anti tunneling perks because you refuse to do anything about tunneling killers.

I am forced to play anti camping perks because you refuse to do anything about camping.

I am forced to play anti slugging perks because you refuse to do anything about slugging.

I am forced to gamble on which killer I'm going to get because the vast majority of them play with one of the above styles.

Killers can pick you up AFTER you exit a locker.

Alien's tail hit one of my team mates through a bloody wall and has a broken cool down. <-- I don't see you removing this like you did flashlights.

Flashlights have been removed from the game because people were exploiting them with a bug. Punish those exploiting the bug, not the entire survivor base. You do nothing to balance this out on the killer side.

I understand why the game is slightly killer favored. I understand the 4 v 1 needs to have it more towards them. But for crying out loud, it's starting to feel like you don't want people to even consider playing survivor.

The "Get good" group can stuff it before you even start. I hit rank 1 every month and do fine in the game. This is a complaint about the game being unbalanced and nothing being done for killer mains that are ruining this game. I appreciate great killers. I love a good chase. I don't even mind losing to good killer, because it's fun. I don't consider being hit as I'm still on the hook removal animation to be fun. I don't find a killer standing in my face while I'm on hook to be fun.

If you don't want people playing survivor, just make them all bots and force us to play killer. Otherwise, how about you fix the damn game? And don't tell me it's balanced well. I also play killer and it's so overly unbalanced that it's not even a challenge anymore.

So as survivor, please fix the things you're not addressing.

As a killer, please make this game more challenging.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Answers

• JVJoyner

II agree on the break, but it doesn't solve the issue with the game.

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 551

Ummm, both sides say this every patch. Though vaults have been nerfed and if you are standing on the other side of a pallet wesker pulls you through it but surviviors still have MFT for now. They did choose the worst time to do it though with crouching on the other side of pallets and vaults being the only way to dodge Xeno's tail attack.

• JVJoyner

I'm not saying it as killer. As a killer I don't find it balance either.

• JVJoyner

Like I said, I wasn't interested in the "Get good" responses. I was looking for actual solutions and feedback, not trolls. Thank you Crowman for giving a response that actually addressed the issues I was discussing. I appreciate that and am happy to hear it. It is a big relief.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,736

1) vaulting is currently bugged and will be fixed (buffed) dw

2) alien's tail hitbox can be dragged like nemmy whip, but vertically so crouching doesn't always work so try to dodge sideways. other weird looking hits might be ping related.

3) tunnelling needs addressing yes.

4) are you not following news? tomorrow should be the ptb where anti camping changes will be implemented.

5) you often won't get value from your anti slug perks than you will. slugging, unlike tunnelling, is healthier and has valid counterplay.

6) unless it's nurse, good looping skills should solve all your issues. if you need help with that give looping build a try: mft resilience windows and another optional perk, maybe otr or ds.

7) it has a long duration, and it ends as soon as you have back the control on your character. again, might be ping related.

8) tail cooldown bug i think was fixed not sure, but her movement speed during it got nerfed.

9) the bug got out of control and the game was unplayable. so many people abused the bug that if they banned all of them, that would mean losing so much of playerbase. people abusing bugs multiple times should get perma'd that's what i agree on.

10) as skill levels raise, game favors survivor side more and more, and that's an objective fact.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,473

I agree re vaulting. I've been dropping my controller in frustration alot lately. Once upon a time you'd hit the ground and the killer would hit the window, not you. That never happens anymore. They could be ages away and I'll still get hit after clearing the window

• Hex_Maidenless
    Hex_Maidenless Member Posts: 112

Some people just won't be happy until killers are removed from the game entirely and even then they'll complain gens take too long.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,970
    edited September 2023

First: nobody hates anything.

Second: let's do this.

Vaulting was extremely problematic for a number of reasons. It basicly made survivors using a vault unhittable for m1 killers. It was also bugged (and currently is still) and gives male survivors further Vaults than females. What you ate describing also sounds like a latency issue. I thought we finished this topic with huntress's missiles that also sometimes hit through walls.

You are not forced to run any perks. Perks are there to help you out in the game. If a killer is tunneling and you want to have a better time against that, you should use an anti tunneling perk. Same goes for killer: chase too bad? Use Stbfl. No info? Use Bbq, lethal or floods. Early game sucks? Corrupt. Making perks basekit doesn't fix problems. It creates them.

What killer you get is always a gamble. That's variety. That's good.

The cooldown of Aliens tail got nerfed. Only weeks after it's release due to survivor outcry and recency bias. Flashlights got killswitched because the bug, they enabled, was game breaking. How do you punish those that use it and not those that don't use it? Report them? Ban them? It's like telling a child to not grab the sweets on top of the furniture. They will try eventually. Killswitching them was absolutely the right decision. If you want to blind the killer, you can still use flashbangs. The game is playable without flashlights, just not as enjoyable.

Why would killers not be able to pick you up after you exit a locker? Makes no sense to me. Why are you in the locker to Beginn with? Why does the killer know that you are in the locker?

Last but not least: the game at a higher level is actually extremely survivor favored. Only 3 to 4 killers can actually compete there. On a casual level, the game is probably the most balanced it ever was. On a low level, the game is killer favored.

I'm a killer main and I don't ruin this game.

Also, my killer qeues are exceptionally short. Even on mornings. That's odd. Survivor takes a long time though. So I guess enough players enjoy and play survivor right now. More than killers it seems.

I'm gonna send you off with something good: next patch there will be an anti facecamp mechanic so if you dont enjoy a bubba sitting in your face, you can unhook and have a chase with him. Sounds better doesn't it?

Alls for Survivor. Nothing for killer. Just saying. No MfT nerf. No early game mechanic. No pov slider (yet).

Please stop with this us vs them.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,646

My prayers were heard. I prayed to the entity and she bestowed upon us a post of great quality bait!

Heed my words brethren, the complaints will never stop.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,242
    edited September 2023

I actually think the game is fairly well balanced for the most part. It's just things like bad matchmaking and a few ridiculously overpowered killers that make survivor less fun than it should be. Deleting Blight and Nurse would be a great start.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 480

Well as a killer I am forced to run 3-4 gen slowdown perks coz they don’t address gen speeds.