Blight broken and not nerfed for 3 years...

Options

3 years have passed since the Blight was introduced into the game. His addons are veeeeery strong, and make this high-mobility killer insanely oppressive. I would like to hear from the Devs WHY they are not doing anything about this. The addons and the hug tech, which months ago was mentioned by a dev or a community manager to be a bug , and yet remains untouched.

The "steep learning curve" should never be a justification for an insanely overpowered killer to remain as such.

So, dear Devs, I'm listening.

Comments

• ABAEX
    ABAEX Member Posts: 195
    Options

nope, blight can be Counter.

just be good to Counter blight.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 401
    Options

Blights balanced and so is hug tech, but his addons do need a good gutting.

• AlphaYandere
    AlphaYandere Member Posts: 66
    Options

the killer (blight) and his hug tech are fine but his addons must be changed

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Y’all really need to stop using tournaments as your “proof” in arguments. Those players can make any killer loop OP.

• Felgoose
    Felgoose Member Posts: 163
    Options

One of the best ways to learn to counter a killer is to play as them and see what the best players do against you. When playing on console, this is not possible with Nurse/Blight/Trickster as these killers are entirely unplayable without a mouse.

Either these killers should be reworked to be playable on console, or console players should be given settings that make them playable with a controller. Right now, we don't even have separate aim sensitivity per killer so precision/ranged killers use the same insanely high sensitivity that is required to not get 360'd(a lag compensation exploit that only affects killers on console). We need deadzone, per killer aim sensitivity, aim acceleration options, separate sensitivity/deadzone options for when aiming/charging/using powers, and maybe even optional actual aim assist in order to be able to use these killers in any capacity.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 409
    Options

I personally love going against blight as i enjoy chase

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

While I agree comp isn't a good measure of the actual game, it is a decent enough place for arguing against people who make the claim the top end of the game is Survivor sided (without a clarifying statement like SWF>Killer>Soloq, that I would agree with). That is where the theoretical top of both sides are, (with different limitations more in the favor of Killer than against) so it should be a rough stomping grounds to walk in.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

Try to dodge basekit blight and immediatelly after that try to dodge double speed blight. Or crows/vial blight. Or try to use pallets if he has C33.

Basekit blight is strong, but manageable. You can play around him. Most loops do work somehow. The problem is if he uses some of his OP addons - and he has 5 of them + some other really good ones to add to the collection. Really - basekit blight is fine

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,144
    edited September 2023
    Options

He needs a speed bump at the very least. I don't thinking nerfing him to 4.4 will do anything against the insane Blights. The problem with Blight is the enormous amount of pressure he can generate due to him not having any sort of weaknesses whatsoever. Blight can down someone within seconds and be on the other side of the map within seconds to down someone else since he can freely rush even when not near a survivor. Either his mobility or his chase need to be nerfed. No killer should be that good at everything. You just don't have time to do anything if the person playing him is sufficiently skilled. The only reason his kill rate isn't higher is due to the incompetence of many people who play him. When balancing killers like this they need to look at people like Momo and his 1500 game win streak. Were all 1500 of those teams bad or is the killer just overpowered? I'm thinking it's the latter.

• o7o
    o7o Member Posts: 332
    Options

I feel like the ones who complain about Blight daily form their opinions around tournaments, and not pubs. 2 very different playstyles.

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 671
    Options

In the last AMA it was said Blight will be looked into at some point in the near future. Will see what they are cooking and don’t miss the point of the complaints!

• adaw0ng
    Options

The problem comes when those Blights play in “pubs” like they do in “comp”.

• o7o
    Options

Momo and V1 are the only Blight mains I know that runs slowdown in pubs. Array & a few others including myself run aura reading. I really only swap to slowdown when I see a bunch of toolboxes.

The problem here is people want him absolutely gutted and I guarantee majority of the Blight players they face are probably inexperienced Blights running OP add-ons. When I play survivor - I go against more genuine newer Blights than really good Blights, running slowdown with C33 and Vial or any of Blights best add-ons and they get absolutely no value out of it - so either there's a specific region where it's all comp Blights, or people exaggerate and simply do not know how to loop a Blight.

What Blight really needs is an add-on pass of his most strongest add-ons. Speed is not an issue, and he has the most fairest basekit. Blight also needs a lot of collision and bug fixes. But people would rather see him get nerfed into dust.

• adaw0ng
    Options

Bro I don’t speak “comp”, I don’r know who you are nor those people and I can’t be bothered to give attention to anything related when I find it let’s say just not my cup of tea. His addons need to get nerfed and severely tuned down and so does what allows him to do his peepeepoopoo slide techs and ######### that were not even intended in the first place. Killers excelling as he does justify they make perks such as MFT that then other killers are the actual ones that struggle against them. People getting with him over 1k “wins” in a row is ridiculous and says enough.

• HugTechLover
    Options

Actually… blight was given slide mechanics that were intended.

Are we gonna talk about the flip side? Survivor teams getting 400+ escapes in a row? Does survivor need to be nerfed because that’s ridiculous?

• ABAEX
    Options

ring is ok.

just don't be hit by rush.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

Momo also has almost 400 wins in a row on Oni. And i can't wait when it will be 1000+ wins, just to see how people like you will justify it. Oni counts as one of the most balanced killers in the game, right?

Truth is he lost his streak several times because of spread hooks and not tunneling. Now his streak is:

• Hard tunneling on 5 gens
    • 2 or 3 slowdowns
    • Strong, but not even broken addons
    • 60-70% of survivors literally awful in this game. And he said it's the point of his streak, to show how poorly skilled most peoples are

It's a universal win streak formula for almost every strong killer. Even for weak killer, because there are 200+ win streak almost on half killer's roaster from different peoples.

I'm sure Momo can win 99% of his Blight games even without addons at all. But who cares, we can't handle it, we will repeat the same thing after each other like parrots, without even trying to figure out the essence.

Blight definately has 3 or 4 broken addons, but let's be honest: you guys will never chill about him unless he will unplayable character (and super fun to go against for average surv of course) without a single good addon. But i'm afraid these game will be renamed into Wesker by Daylight after that.

• ABAEX
    Options

for now, yes.

nurse and spirit are good now.

learn to Counter it, just like killer counter mft.

• Pavel_Ch
    Pavel_Ch Member Posts: 241
    Options

No, this is a bug that could not be fixed. it was designed as Billy's m1 with 5-7 jerks, the same turning difficulty and pallets breaking. it turned out to be just a terrible thing with the strongest addons in this game

• ABAEX
    Options

you can play blight with that"OP add-ons".

then you know why it never be op.

• adaw0ng
    Options

I'm not reading the comp lecture, I am so sorry + I think you didn't understand that I am against that being a thing, not defending nor justifying it. No side should be able to win 1K games in a row in an asymmetrical game heavy RNG based.

• HugTechLover
    Options

I’m telling you, blight was given a slide mechanic intentionally based on his camera and where he’s looking.

the issue is you ONLY talk about one killer / killers. Why aren’t you advocating for survivor nerfs because of their massive escape streaks?

• adaw0ng
    Options

Escape streaks are usually 1 person escapes anyways since most of them go for hatch, so the killer actually still gets the actual "win". They are boring AF, don't get me wrong. That's one of the reasons why they reworked hatch spawn time, because people could abuse multi people escapes for free. I doubt you will see 4 man escape streaks getting to 1K like killer ones. It's just ridiculous.

• HugTechLover
    edited September 2023
    Options

Oh I see, so it only applies where you want it to. “It doesn’t matter cause of xyz” right?

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

I dont like this killer at all but also dont see anything wrong with him. The killer is designed to be strong in chase but understanding what angles and tiles work against his power is the best way to force a standard m1 chase.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I really loved reading how many people are ok with exploiting lol

• ProHillbillyMain
    ProHillbillyMain Member Posts: 132
    Options

I see, so you never played billy. I get it tho, it's too much for a blight main learning a harder killer.

So let me explain to you why Blight will never come close to Billy in terms of mastering.

First of all you have to learn how to properly feather you chainsaw, you have to learn every tile on the map meaning you have to learn at what point you should start chainsaw, how much should you turn, basically the knowledge of knowing how much you should curve lets compare this thing with Blight, you will press M2 on object in the same tile, look at survivor and get hit because double speed or vial exist. Now you have to learn WHEN to use your chainsaw this is something you have to learn for hours and hours to know if you're going to make the down or not, with Blight? You can use your power whenever you want, because 1. He is not punished for using it or for missing like Billy, on top of that Blight only has 2.5 seconds cooldown for missing his power or for bumping with last rush, which once again is just bad design, lets continue. Yes with Blight you have to learn tiles too, however it becomes clear fast, which tiles you can bump off and slide off " not on purpose ".

And spinning around in the loop sure that's one of the mindgames that you can do, but it's not everything. Your lack of knowledge just tells me you never mastered billy.

Everything that I mention from curving, learning tiles, knowing exactly how much to curve, mindgames, feathering, when to use your chainsaw is by far a lot harder than anything Blight has.

Tell me one person who mained Blight first and is now good at Billy and vice versa. There is a reason why, when a billy player starts playing Blight they do have easier time than a Blight player playing Billy.

• HugTechLover
    Options

I didn’t say billy isn’t hard. But the amount of knowledge that can go into blight’s ceiling is higher than Billy’s period.

No. I haven’t mastered billy, but it’s clear you haven’t touched blight much, so we’re going to have a disconnect.

You didn’t respond to anything else I said..

• HugTechLover
    Options
  • HugTechLover
    edited September 2023
    Options

….. You can’t be serious. Are you really suggesting that using DPI is a bug? Or an exploit? Do you even know what DPI is?

• ABAEX
    Options
  • dbdthegame
    dbdthegame Member Posts: 699
    Options

This is why it's so hard for both sides to take each other seriously in this game. Survivors start off by being reasonable (nerf alch ring, c33 and vial) and move on to becoming overzealous (flicks are an exploit, antilooping me is an exploit, rework the bliggutt). Same with killers (nerf MFT, nerf COH, nerf DH into flashlights are OP, nerf exhaustion).

Blight does need an addon pass, specifically for C33, vial and ring. That's it.

• ProHillbillyMain
    ProHillbillyMain Member Posts: 132
    Options

The only exploit that Blight has is when you start a dash while coliding with something.

• Pavel_Ch
    Pavel_Ch Member Posts: 241
    Options

Of course, someone increases the value simply with the mouse. but many people use something else.

• HugTechLover
    Options

I don’t understand what you’re implying. Increasing my DPI using my mouse software is not a bug. DPI is not a bug.

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Speaking of Hillbilly, the devs nerfed him to the ground, and refuse to give him (back) some good addons. And Blight is still going rampant with over-dominating kit/performance. Both are high mobility killers, Blight being the better one both basekit-wise and addon-wise. It baffles me why there is such discrepancy between the two. It's like they're fearing buffing Billy to become decent, but they have no problems at all letting Blight being overbearing like this.

I wish that the Devs would stop being silent and actually tell us why they're not doing anything about the Blight. Do they think that he is balanced and in a good spot? Is there money involved that they would lose if they nerfed Blight? Blight has an amazing selection of addons, but Freddy and Pyramid Head for example have some of the most boring and useless addons in the game...

• o7o
    Options

Sorry you find feathering your chainsaw for 10 minutes around a loop to curve someone more fun than a killer that has a lot to offer despite their busted add-ons.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515
    Options

I assume they just break things and forget about it. Which is why I would personally rather they don't touch Blight.

Even if I feel some add-on adjustments might be nice, I feel confident in saying once they and their audience are done, things will be worse.

This is what they have a history of doing, as you pointed out via Hillbilly. Why would anyone want to continue that cycle?

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

I don't think that the devs are incompetent to give Blight a proper nerf. Proper would mean he's still good to play as, just not OP. Keeping Blight as he is? He's way too strong and unfair. Nerfing Blight too much like Hillbilly? That would make him bad to play as. There is a middle ground. The devs should be able to find it. (hint: nerf the addons and fix the hugtech exploit).

It's been 3 years , I repeat. With all the balance talk BHVR has been giving us, it is completely unacceptable to keep Blight and Nurse as they are.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,244
    Options

add double speed (stacked, 1 of them separately is fine) and we are in full agreement