Screw your damn MFT, start bringing Reassurance

Options

Respectfully, from one solo q survivor to another, I promise you that you'd win way more games if you started bringing Reassurance instead of your full-on chase build.

Comments

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528
    Options

NO!!!

I MUST SHOVE FACE INTO WALL AND RUN IN A CIRCLE FOR 5 MORE SECONDS!!!!!

NO NON-CHASE PERKS ARE ALLOWED!

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,193
    Options

I can bring both, don't yell at me :(

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,208
    edited September 2023
    Options

Yeah, you are just perfect example of survivor who only able to see instant value of perks.

CoH and Reassurance are still my some of the most used perks in solo. Yesterday i had solo game on Saloon against Hag, who was literally destroyed by CoH. Some games there is not so much value, but it so far from "garbage", that i don't even see a point in arguing with you. Same with almost every perk you mentioned.

I'm not talking directly about turrets or 3 gen, i'm talking about majority of survivors are awful at this game and don't even try to use simpliest logic at all.

"Turrets was garbage...", they are literally the same. And circle did nothing with it, because turret placed somewhere near the corner or near other textures is already bad decision. It has max value in open spaces. And i don't even talking about that. Killer exist second month in the game and 90% of survivors still put it right in front of exit -> see how killer brake it while it disabled -> do the same thing again and go here to cry about turrets are useless.

Every second game I've lost in solo is lost only because survivors are terribly bad in their decisions and understanding of the game, I'm not even talking about the chase. I'm not even saying how many fairly equal games were lost because someone decided to give up on the hook in the middle of the game.

And i do believe that devs should explain some simple truths to the players in this game, because it's not even funny how bad survivors are a bigger problem for survivors than the killers really are.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,061
    Options

I rarely see a good use of Reassurance. Often ppl use it but immediately unhook me after. Do you get BP for Reassurance?

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    edited October 2023
    Options

Reassurance is not a bad perk but its not a reliable Soloq perk, Kindred is way better

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,329
    Options

I mean if I had to choose between a perk that can get value if the killer decides to camp (cuz if they dont thats -1 perk slot) or a perk that will get consistent value and absolutelly destroys all m1 killers, I think my choice is clear.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,507
    Options

Zero anti tunnel, zero anti camp. But that's why we make perks basekit right?

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 401
    Options

its always so annoying when I hear people talk about how bad tunneling is and in the same breath call OTR garbage and unusuable. Like, buddy, did you ever actually try USING the anti tunnel given to you? The anti tunnel thats actually very powerful? People who call OTR bad have no right to complain about getting tunneled, you arent bringing the clear option to counter it.

• caipt
    Options

reassurance does way more than just that, but its hard to get good value out of anything but its anti camp in soloQ. if you are playing with a friend I'd say its easily one of the strongest perks in the game.

• caipt
    Options

as a reassurance user who does this, it makes a silly noise and not using it feels like a waste lol

• caipt
    Options

I agree with everything you said except for OTR being meh. Its always the better play to wait out BT, even if they reach a pallet. if you hit them they can easily W key away and reach whatever tile they want with that distance. Waiting bt will still get them the pallet but they wont get nearly as much distance. OTR forces them to give you that distance. and if they are hitting you off hook while basekit BT is still up then congrats, you are free. unless its blight.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

for fun.

Reassurance helps alot in endgame rescues or incase you´re chased by the killer and the one on the hook is close to the 2nd phase.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

Agree, but on another hand it's also valid point. BUT I meet killers who want to tunnel me so much that they hit me off the hook, probably once every 50 games. And in such cases it is endgame most often. In all other cases, this is an excellent perk against tunneling. It also destroyed me in my killer's matches when i need to tunnel and i didn't stand near the hook. With anticamping system it will strongest anti-tunnel perk in hands of any survivor.

DS depends on where you went down, but if you have at least something nearby, it's still free opportunity to win time to your team. I still see survivors who bait me with lockers just to get some value (as they think) from it. I mean, they could buff it to 4 seconds, but good looper will live and bad looper will go down regardless.