Has anyone received Player Report Feedback?

Options

I'm the guy who records, files an in-game report and submits the YouTube video via a support ticket.

Last week I got the usual message from support saying they will not be able to let me know the outcome of the ticket.

I asked, what about the new in-game feedback thing? They didn't respond.

Hss anyone reported a player and received anything on this new feedback system?

Answers

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

yes, multiple times on chat and cheats. Sometimes, however, the response from the ingame report feedback is delayed by a few days compared to the support response.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,826
    Options

So what happens exactly? Do you get a notification when you log into the game? Is there a menu option to view them?

• Nirgendwohin
    Options

its a popup like the news or the daily rituals. there is no button / menu you can enter. it pops up when you switch from the main menu to survivor / killer.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,721
    Options

I've reported numerous people for exploits or hack use. Only have gotten feedback once that they did anything about it. However, only the extreme ones I bother with also reporting video which is far and few between. They likely completely ignore reports unless you also send in video, as well.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

I send video every time. No point unless you have proof.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    Options

I've gotten two reports back but both were regarding cheaters - Both got back to me within a day.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2023
    Options

So far I've made two reports regarding harassment and sent support tickets with proof. Both times it was solved and I got a notification in-game regarding my report. I know more details but I don't think I'm allowed to share LOL.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,190
    Options

No, nothing yet. I've reported people for chat offenses and one person for exploiting with a ticket + evidence. It's about over two weeks of radio silence from that one now.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

That's OK. Thanks for letting me know that it's at least working for people πŸ™‚

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    edited September 2023
    Options

Yes. On several occasions. I remember reporting a whole 4 people SWF for harassment (they went pretty far) and a few days later I got feedback that 3 of them did indeed get penalties. I also had an encounter with a player, who had a pretty good gaming chair (3 gens in 1 minute all by themself) and I got feedback that they had banned them a day later.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    edited September 2023
    Options

I've head really mixed results.

I have submitted a lot of reports (griefing, AFK, giving up, cheating) and while I occasionally get feedback that griefers got penalized, I also very often receive a notification that someone has been penalized due to harassment and that's the one category I never report anyone because I just have my chat turned off permanently. I don't know if the system is borked or if BHVR has a script running so that for every X amount of report you do, Y amount of responses are generated, whether there was any actual penalizing involved or not.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

You mean harassment in the chat? I play on Nintendo Switch so we have no chat.

Sometimes as killer, I'll see 3 generators pop within a couple minutes but I don't know if they're cheating and I wouldn't know how to prove it. It's odd when they have no toolboxes and no Gen rush perks.

• Alphamav
    Alphamav Member Posts: 41
    Options

no. I imagine they shadow-ban you if you ever submit a rant report.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

I played against a speed hacking Meg yesterday, reported her and got the report feedback in the same day of me playing against her.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,189
    Options

I just had two tickets closed.

They were touched a week ago or so.

The only part I don't get is that I had hard proof of teleporting for both tickets (movie and all) and the accounts don't have a "game ban" displayed.

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 382
    Options

kinda offtopic but how do you always background record on pc?

Back on ps5 it always recorded and if you wanted to save the clip you just had to press a button

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

I play on Nintendo Switch. I literally have to use my cell phone to record with one hand as soon as the player starts breaking the rules.

• SleepyLunatic
    Options

You can also clip on the switch tho, i also own one.

Should be somewhere in the settings and then hold the screenshot button

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

Not anymore for Dead by Daylight. I remember when it used to. Now you're just greeted with the message in the top left corner. You can only take screenshots, no more recording clips.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,782
    Options

I've never received an update so I assume action wasn't taken. I don't film, upload, etc etc though, because I already have limited time to play. I'll report and just hope that person gets enough reports that something flags and BHVR take a look.

• Nirgendwohin
    Options
  • SleepyLunatic
    Options

Oh thats stupid, didnt knew it doesnt work for DBD anymore.

They probably did it for better performance tho.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,762
    Options

I reported a player that associated "gay" with "dumb" in the endgame chat

never received the feedback

I guess that association is allowed

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 208
    Options

I had stopped reporting people because I figured it was pointless. They don't enforce their own rules.

However, when they announced this change, I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt and resumed the reports. Out of dozens of submissions, I haven't received a single response.

So, no, they still don't enforce their own rules.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,384
    Options

Dozens seems a bit extreme of an amount. What kind of behaviour are you encountering?

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

May I ask which platform you play on? Also, do you fill out a support ticket?

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

Ok so I was just griefed by a teammate for my entire first hook state. He just kept spamming unhook and letting go.

I recorded it, reported him in-game, filled out a dbd support ticket with a YouTube link to the video.

Something should happen now, correct? I should definitely get an in-game notification that action was taken?

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

It looks like the screenshot posted by Nirgendwohin and pops up when you login to the game. I've had several reports show up this way, with one particular one showing up at least once a day for ~1 week now. Not sure if it's a case that is continually being worked due to others reporting them as well, or if it's just hung.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 635
    Options

never ever, even the tickets submitted to the website and the consequent emails end up in nothing

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,793
    Options

I have gotten feedback, but there are a couple problems.

The first problem is it appears tells you the date action was taken, not the date the offense was committed. To be fair, this might be timezone differentials, but I'm not sure.

Secondly, it doesn't even remind you who the offender was (a Mikaela, a Feng, a Bubba, a Blight? who knows, cuz I don't). I understand if they don't want to reveal the name in the case of witch hunting, but I can't remember when and who I reported when I have more pressing issues in my life to focus on committing to memory.

Outside of the automated emails verifying your evidentiary info was sent, they don't confirm specifics of bans. This can be a problem because there are grey zones of reports. For example, technically the 3 gen camping SM might be considered holding the game hostage (hence why I call her Hostage Merchant), but at the same time they could be considered attempting to 'win'. A similar issue exists with intentionally bleeding people out. Is a bleedout them attempting to win, or is it intentionally targeting to ruin gameplay experience? Even more so if there is only 1 Surv alive, they are under a hook, and hatch is closed. If I knew which reports were 'valid' and which needed more evidence, I could know whether to record more or stop reporting Hostage Merchants.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

Here we go with these emails again. Anyone ever receive one of these AND receive an in-game notification that action was taken?

• momisplayingdbd
    momisplayingdbd Member Posts: 24
    Options

I receive the same email as u but never the in-game notification. πŸ˜”

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,061
    Options

I currently have one pending that was quickly responded to yesterday but no action has been done since. They did ask some questions to which I immediately responded. This is a report backed up by video evidence uploaded on YT.

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

So was mine. I uploaded it to YouTube and followed all the steps. Did they tell you that it's pending?

• foxofthestars
    foxofthestars Member Posts: 157
    Options

I've probably filed nine reports and I have gotten responses for all of them. Although one of their responses I got was via email. They stated that I could not report someone for not doing anything all game. ( This person literally did nothing all game. Refused to unhook , heal and even do generators. I submitted evidence)

I replied with: doesn't that fall under the not participating in normal gameplay report which is the option that I had picked. They just replied back and said no.

Sometimes the report system works and sometimes it does not.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Filed a Support Ticket over a week ago for some very blatant violations of the game rules.

No response, no banning, nada.

BHVR doesn't give a ######### about reports.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 898
    Options

I have received player report feedback multiple times now despite having had reported gameplay cheaters exclusively through the in-game report function, no ticket or recording. This strikes me as odd, because not only has BHVR said video evidence submitted through a ticket is necessary in these cases, but even if they have now changed stances on this, I don't know how an in-game report could result in a person getting banned for gameplay cheating, if EAC is not already detecting as much as is.

It is possible that BHVR sends out confirmations of action being taken against someone to everyone that has reported them, even if the sole reason for the action having been taken is the submitted ticket of only one person, or EAC automatically having done so. It is also possible that players can get "flagged" by having many reports gathered against them, then either being somehow looked at with more scrutiny (by some "system" or actual people), or even being banned just due to the sheer amount of reports, if temporarily. it could also be that the "action" that's been taken is not always an actual ban, it potentially might be as little as flagging the reported player, which doesn't mean anything will necessarily happen either way. They are not telling us what the action is, after all. And then, it is also possible that no action has been taken at all and BHVR just randomly sends out these "confirmations" to make people feel things are being done. πŸ˜…

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

How much time lapsed between when you sent your report and your feedback?

• CountOfTheFog
    Options

It worked! So happy my recording, uploading, and reporting didn't go to waste!

• drSpockwa
    drSpockwa Member Posts: 66
    Options

Haven't seen one of these in a while. Must be discontinued.