Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Unable to use power as Pinhead after picking up the box

elijah65656
elijah65656 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

In public matches, 2 games in a row, I picked up the box first before the survivors. As soon as I did so, I was no longer able to use my chains, or teleport to survivors solving subsequent boxes.

As you can see in this image, I have no prompt to teleport to the box, nor do I have a prompt to use my chain.

I went into a bot match to check that picking up the box first was indeed the cause, in this image you can see a survivor got to the box first and I am still able to use my power.

Acquiring the box by downing the survivor holding it also does not cause any issues.

10 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Onyx_0110
    Onyx_0110 Member Posts: 48

Same issue here. They finally fix his camera bug and now he's probably going to get a killswitch because of this.

• solsol
    solsol Member Posts: 72

Can confirm this bug, requires fixing asap. He's literally unplayable in this state.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550

The camera work bug has also been left unattended for about 6 months, what does BhVR have against the Cenobites?

• ethanbeez
    ethanbeez Member Posts: 2

The camera bug was also not fixed. They fixed the bug that made it worse/glitch out heavily, but the bug that gave the camera nurse's warp effect when placing a gateway is still there. That bug was put under review all the way back in late June.

• Autokirby1up
    Autokirby1up Member Posts: 12

ran into this bug in a survivor match at shattered sqaure. box was picked up by killer and we all screamed but the hooks never showed up at all during the match. he's "technically" still usable as a powerless m1 killer. but he's likely going to need to be temporarily disabled till this bugs fixed is my guess.

• sweetjumps
    sweetjumps Member Posts: 19

He couldve been using the "Chatterers Tooth" addon. It lets Pinhead see the box at all times and when he picks it up all survs scream and show their location but the chain hunt does not start.

• oengenheiro01
    oengenheiro01 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

This bug is true. Congrats, behavior. Every patch you all can do it, gift the pinhead with bugs. Awesome.

• aztaszegyen
    aztaszegyen Member Posts: 24

also once this bug appears, it doesn't go away until you restart the entire game...

• Henear
    Henear Member Posts: 1

Same thing with me, I'm new to the game and I was thinking it was some cenobite mechanic, next time I'll just leave the box on the floor

• Felgoose
    Felgoose Member Posts: 163

I was so stoked to find the camera had improved with this update, just to find out he's unplayable if you pick up the box. Can confirm this bug happens on ps4 version.