If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Why is survivor matchmaking so bad

Options

I can't escape even once the whole time I'm dying and matchmaking isn't getting any better for me isn't supposed to be if your dying constantly your MMR goes down well all that seems to happen is really intelligent killers and my team still remains terrible even then I have to face Spirit who by the way I just want to point this out why do I need to by headphones to counter a killer every killer has a natural in game "counter" except Spirit who you need to by headphones for...why.

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    Options

People didn't realize what they were asking for when they said they wanted the fastest queues possible, so here we are. I still think the whole implementation of SBMM has been overwhelmingly goofy. Match players according to their skill level. If that isn't fun, adjust the fun factor from there. Don't make the matches worse to compensate, because that fun factor isn't going to go away. It's just kicking the can down the road.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

Should they have a weekend test with strict MMR? To see how it goes.

My match making time is really fast, even with +100% BP on one side, its usually not taking over 2min.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,460
    edited October 2023
    Options

A combination of MMR not being the best because it's an inaccurate calculation of one's skill since escapes and kills aren't the best ways to measure player skill in a game like this where outside factors not in your control tend to have an affect on the outcome of your matches and lobby-dodgers causing matchmaking to backfill lobbies since it doesn't prioritize skill rating when they leave but tries to find someone as soon as possible to fill the empty spot.

• edgarpoop
    Options

Can't hurt. I still think transparency is the way to go with the system. When MMR is hidden, a player's MMR is whatever they want it to be unless they know how to see it. The problem is that a lot of feedback BHVR gets and reacts to is based off of an imagined number people have made up for themselves and their teammates/opponents. BHVR can announce changes have been made, and players have absolutely no way of verifying any of that unless they're hacking. They can say they've made matchmaking less strict, change nothing, and let the placebo effect take over.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options

They did, about 18 months ago.

Turns out strict matchmaking leads to super sweaty games for everyone, on top of waiting 10+ minutes for a match to begin with.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

Same, with these map changes and how close generators are, I find it very difficult to survive to get more than 10K BP in solo q.

Kite the killer for most of the match? No BP. Manage to do maybe one generator, someone quits on hook and it's 3vs1? No BP. Ugh

• edgarpoop
    Options

But it doesn't separate sweat from non-sweat at all as currently constructed. Skill does equate to playstyle. They're not related. That's why games have casual and ranked modes. And games aren't even tougher for people with high MMR most of the time. The system literally fails to do both things as currently constructed.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,171
    edited October 2023
    Options

You could be at the lower threshold of your MMR bracket. When that happens it takes forever to drop down again. This would explain the bad matchmaking you have experienced.

As for Spirit, you can make the same argument for playing as her. She doesn't work without headphones for either side. It comes with her design. There isn't much they could do without completely reworking her from the ground up.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

Nothing like getting chased for 4 gens, and then watching your teammates die in less than a minute.

I think they changed matchmaking recently, because I am getting dry wall eaters in my solo queue rounds.

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 450
    Options

Solo is and has been for years a very terrible experience for everyone involved

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 312
    Options

The problem with lowering your survivor MMR is it means you're getting in games with weaker survivors, not just weaker killers. And a match between a clueless killer and clueless survivors almost always ends in the killer's favor. Funnily enough it's probably easier to win as a survivor in higher MMRs, given that your teammates are far less likely to drag you down.

• jamally093
    jamally093 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

You know what's funny I never really cared for the length of matchmaking I just wanted a match but now here I am stuck with really weird matchmaking.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

Advanced players prioritize overall survival rather than their own survival.

Even if you know that you will die in the match, you will do the necessary actions and burn your life.

This is because when you do it, others will do the same, and when the time comes, you will be grateful to the precious victims and realize that your own survival rate will increase relatively.

As always, matching is a breeze, so you may be matched with people who think it's okay if you're the only one who survives, but many still end up being weeded out.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    edited October 2023
    Options

A speaker user who keeps losing his matches... still refusing to see the truth and blaming matchmaking instead. Classic DBD playerbase moment.