What is your guilty pleasure map?

Options

I just love the nostrodomo ship wreck, it is really good sci fi vibe, the tobas landing is great too very artistic.

Use offering if I did not get that map sometimes

Comments

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 728
    Options

Either badham or midwich

badham is easily my favorite map aesthetically in the game (aside from how it’s a bad map for killer)

and midwich cause silent hill my beloved!

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543
    Options

Midwich has been the only miss. It's very interesting but also very frustrating when you're stuck either up or down and you need to get to the other level.

Dead Dawg is my favorite because it's just plain fun and survivors who hide in bushes or kite the map can be rewarded.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,271
    Options

I really like the game for some reason, regardless of who I play or what build I'm running, for some reason I just click with this map.

Also Saw.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,270
    Options

Midwich.

I just like to ambush with pig.

This map gives me power.

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 617
    Options

I've been playing a lot of Skully lately, and Nostromo has been very kind to me. You know what else? Borgo, I've actually been enjoying Borgo. I agree, there's something wrong with me.

• AnxiousGummy
    AnxiousGummy Member Posts: 109
    Options

As a huge sci-fi nerd, Toba Landing and Nostromo are my guilty pleasure maps.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Garden of joy…. It just looks so good and is soooo strong for survivor.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

Haddonfield is my guilty pleasure map. It's so pretty and I like the idea of being in a town or village and getting chased by a killer like a horror movie. I also enjoy Midwich for his layout!

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    Options

Playing Xeno on Swamp, especialy on all fours be like:

• Komodo07
    Komodo07 Member Posts: 34
    Options

Hawkins was my favorite sadly. I wish they would reskin and release it again just calling it something else.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Like to offer up Gideon for the indoor multi-floor vibe as Survivor… then miraculously, every time, face off against top tier Nurse, Dredge, or a fully loaded Doc.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

Also a guilty pleasure… Offering up realms specific to their Survivor I see in Lobby:

Laurie gets Haddonfield, Nea gets Crotus, Cheryl goes back to Midwich etc., and it’s especially fun if I happen to be playing as that realm’s original Killer!

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,214
    Options

I have no guilty pleasure map because I feel no guilt in enjoying RPD

There's me, and everyone else with wrong opinions

(Joking mostly but I still love RPD)

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,350
    edited October 2023
    Options

The Swamps. For whatever reason I have always have done wayyyyyyy better than I realistically should have on them, in either role. And I remember when they were absolutely monstrous in size back in the day. Plus they still have many strange spawns for everything, including a gen dry humping one of the outer walls quite often, and that hatch has a mind of its own on them too.

Take that little boat with a gen on it for example. Even with my meager skills I can bamboozle killers all over such a small structure, even if they actually run Bamboozle. Because of that I nearly always get quick downs around there on killer. It shouldn't happen, but it does.

Visually they look every bit like the last realm not updated yet, but I love em.😍

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,339
    Options

Backwater Swamp

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

Garden of Joy. I love its aesthetics.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,060
    Options

Same especially with killers. I don't care about the pallets cause I'm busy looking at the references.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Garden Of Joy. It's honestly a really pretty map and I like the upsidedown room in the main house.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,240
    Options

Ormond. For some reason I really like that map.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,065
    edited October 2023
    Options

Gideon Meatplant. Favorite Indoor map because frozen naked dead witches.

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 485
    Options

I know pigs default cosmetics blend in on most parts of the map and all the corners definatly my second as killer though not survivor. Though my favourite is the game for the fact that I am a Saw fan I enjoy it on both sides.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,878
    Options

Midwich Elementary is ... it's not a guilty pleasure at all! It's a map I'd honestly say from a lore and aesthetic point of view has had so much love put into it, even including a frickin' puzzle for a mystery prize based upon the original game! That map is absolutely brilliant and although as a trial map it isn't top tier, it is better than some make it out to be.

As for a real guilty pleasure, it would be Mount Ormand as a killer. It's often cited as survivor-sided, but it's one of my best maps to play on. Love it!

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,806
    Options

I was just going to post this. I miss that map. And it's not just nostalgia, I liked it it when it was still in the game.

As far a current maps, Midwich and Haddonfield are oft maligned maps that I actually really like.

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534
    Options

i dont feel guilty at all lol but midwich or rpd

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,270
    Options

The game is probably my least favourite map when it comes to design.

I terms of balance, it's the most one sided map in dbd. Either the survivors will stomp the killer or the killer will stomp the survivors. Generally I find the gameplay extremely boring. However I recently developed a specific playstyle just for this map on my main killer and that makes the map actually very enjoyable for me now.

I terms of references, it's great. Many cool features from the movies.