The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If you're getting a lot of tunneling games I recommend using the anti-tunnel build

If you're getting a lot of tunneling games I recommend using the anti-tunnel build

decisive strike, off-the-record, renewal, and dead-hard

(But if you suck at using dead hard just use "made for this" for the speed boost or any other perks you like)

use a medkit with the anti-hem, and refined serum and it should make your life a bit easier unless you're bad at looping In that case good luck and have fun!

Comments

• FreddyVoorhees
    FreddyVoorhees Member Posts: 369

Tunneling happens early on so the best defense is to just be hidden and shield against aura readings. Also do not start working on gens until a chase happens somewhere. Calm Spirit perk is essential as it protects against Ultimate Weapon. At least one exhaustion perk like Lithe is useful too to make chases longer.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 802

Just use the DS and DH combo

hopefully the killer won’t think about dh after he got hit by DS…. or try getting downed near a pallet for better luck

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 840

I can't be the only one who thinks DS is a bit useless. I've never gotten any value out of it. If you're close enough to a hook, the skill check won't even have time to appear.

And let's be honest here, if you already know how to use Dead Hard effectively, you're not the one the Killer is going to be tunnelling. In terms of exhaustion perks, I think Sprint Burst is a better choice for an anti-tunnel build for most players. You can sprint away from the hook speedy fast. Or MFT, obviously. It won't deter all Killers, but some will definitely think twice if you have MFT.

• buckk0097
    buckk0097 Member Posts: 96

Dont use renewal and offthe record. the tunnelers will hit your bit anyway making them useless

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

The best anti tunneling build is going to be 2-3 chase perks + DS

• GoofyGooberRock
    GoofyGooberRock Member Posts: 84

I usually do get value off of it when idk when don't actually die by the hook...?

like how many times do you die right by a hook?

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 840

Loads of times? There are hooks all over the map, especially so inside lots of loops.

I'm not good at this game, hence why I have an anti-tunnelling build equipped right now.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,540

Funny how many people actively discourage others from using anti-tunnel perks, when tunneling is supposedly such an issue.

I don't think Renewal is the best choice though. Another chase perk is probably the better option, just so that you can make it as hard as humanly possible for the killer to hit you in the first place. You may also consider running SB instead of DH because it's overall a better option and can also make it harder for the killer to get an early hit on you after you got unhooked.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

A Question though: Wouldn't Renewel heal the Endurance meaning you can Use Dead Hard again? So the Chase is in that matter extended. If you fail badly and use DS, you will have DH next to survive longer.

But I completely agree that this is not the greatest Anti-Tunnel Build.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,540

That might be. I can only hope that BHVR will not give in to these.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,404

OTR should do the job alone - maybe even add Lucky Break as any charges left will help cover blood pools. The only problem I've found in tunnelling games is the survivor who unhooked you following you for the heal. When I unhook someone who is being tunnelled, I'll let them run off while I try muddy the waters with my scratch marks by running in circles all over the place, and then running in a different direction once the killer has line of sight on me. The actions of team mates play a better role in preventing tunnelling imo.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,559

In a hard tunnel scenario, Renewal isn’t going to get filled so that’s entirely useless.

DH and OtR don’t synergise very well. One hit in Endurance, and you’ve lost both, so DH is useless here.

DS is kinda bad, and heavily dependent on the killer you’re facing.

Sprint Burst + Off the Record + DS is arguably the most consistent anti-tunnel.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,911

Sooooo.....

Windows, made for this, lithe and DS?

Nurse has entered the lobby...