The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

the red forest rework....mother's dwelling......thoughts ?

i personally think the map has more problems now than it did before:

• Huge maps to traverse and control
  • Killers with no mobility is like playing a hockey match where starting scoring is 10-0 and you trying to do comeback
  • Those cursed bushes that block every killer power are everywhere....
  • the trees are made of soap. even blight cant traverse he will spend time sliding all game
  • too much cluster in the way range killers suffer
  • That freaking Main building has a god window connected to multiple strong windows and pallets, that i develop a hatered for whoever loops it even tho its not their fault its the map makers......

was this remake supposed to make map better ? or the people who take in feedback and those making maps dont communicate at all ? few playtests and you can see the issues ataring back at you..... i just afk when i get this map as killer i really cant be bothered against a good survivor team

Comments

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

It was just a graphic rework, which made the maps really pretty, but unplayable on. There's clutter everywhere, mother's dwelling is gigantic, gens are super spread and there's plenty of safe loops

Overall, gameplay wise they both got worse just cuz of the added clutter and unpolished hitboxes, and they should actually get reworked

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    edited October 2023

The map didn't get better in balance wise.

I hope Mother's Dwelling to be on BHVR's map balance radar after Garden of Joy.

This map shouldn't be big like this.

• buckk0097
    buckk0097 Member Posts: 96

trying ro play huntress/ slinger or trickster is so rough with so many trees and horrible collision bushes in the way

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

"the trees are made of soap. even blight cant traverse he will spend time sliding all game"

I hate it when my bottles (Clown) remain up there midway...

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

I meant they explode, naturally. I anticipate where survivors will be but my bottles land on obstacles.

• buckk0097

There is an absurd numbers of those broken bushes in mother dwelling too many to count everywhere.

even ones that make a straight up blockade when combined with trees on the ground

• Zraith
    Zraith Member Posts: 143

I feel the mother's dwelling is okay in size and with the main building. In fact one of my favorite maps with respect to map design is that one. You actually have to look around to find objectives, position yourself to help out teammates, and actually can run away if you want to hide without hitting the edge of the map within 2 seconds.

The debris could use a review, just like the Borgo got recently, and make sure the visuals match the hitboxes.

Contrary to the previous posts I don't think small maps are better for the gameplay, or closer to a balanced setup. I want to enjoy the maps I'm playing on and have some breathing room instead of being locked into the ~20 sq ft area like the new MacMillan maps feel like now. Not everyone wants to play a constantly-in-chase constantly-in-heartbeat survivor game.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,404

I actually love this map. I struggle at times too when playing survivor - for one, getting caught on random obstacles during chase, not to mention the size can be difficult when someone is hooked on the opposite side of the map. You need to leave your gen pretty much instantly to ensure you get to them on time. As for killer, every map is going to be good or bad depending on the killer you play. Maps that are strong for some killers will be weak for others. I suppose it's all part of balancing.

• buckk0097

could you tell me what killers benefit from this map ?. there is a badly balanced map that an work on some killers. RPD and stealth killers. then there is objectively bad map. god windows shoudld be a thing in the past and if iam playing m1 killer i dont bother chasing a good survivor main building i will lose the game if i do...

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,723

mother's

dwelling

main

still

has

that

window

open.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Too big, too cluttered, too many blockages/things to get hung on. For both killer and survivor.

The main house can be an infinite chainable.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 956
    edited October 2023

Remember when the devs announced map changes in 2020 that included reducing the size of maps like Rotten Fields? It was nice, but I really don't understand why THE BIGGEST MAP IN THE GAME never had it's size reduced, nor back then nor in its rework that came later. To make it worse, it's more cluttered now, so you have to walk even more around objects, which means you might take LONGER to traverse the map now than before. Also, the house can still spawn a god window depending on the RNG, and the clutter is quite deceptive: due to their shape and color, sometimes you just don't notice how big the tiles actually are. Seriously, I think I've never seen so many people getting randomly stuck in tiles during chases as much as in the reworked versions of Mother's Dwelling and Temple of Purgation.