Leave survivor perks ALONE!!

I just learned Made For This is getting "re worked" cause killers again whined and whined to devs. Taking the haste away cause low skill killers can't get easy hits or want to learn to beak loops. The chase peek meta became meta due to the valt re work being reworked cause again, killers whined that the were 'missing' valt hits and loosing chases. Maybe killers could practice instead of relying if devs to make it easier. It's rare for any killer perk to be nerphed. How would all killers having ultimate weapon no longer causes survivor to scream? Killers got self healing taking out, med kits nerphed to two heal max, boons worthless, dead hard neutered, etc. True you can't face camp with our a kolby timer but you can still proxy steps away from hook, or just use wraith to face camp. Also MFT was not the end all be all when a survivor was chased. Only that it might give you the chance to valt successfully, killers still had a major speed advantage. The game is designed that all killers can out run a survivor.

Comments

• kin
    kin Member Posts: 552
    edited November 2023

what about no? dude, do you want to play with the same perks for the rest of the years allotted to this game? They just want to change the meta, probably something new and more unique... maybe a balanced and strong perk for murderers and also the same perk for survivors. Meta is changing, it should change. Personally, I hope that the situation will be similar to what it was at the time when the pinhead first came out with a new type of killer perks, and then Mikaela also with a new type of perks that became meta for a long time. It will be just fine if they do something fun in the end.

Post edited by kin on
  • Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 616

PvP games are literally centered around the idea of one side versus the other...

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,409

I love it when someone makes a post, and everyone else talks in it. Im'a wager OP doesn't return to defend. And this just became a troll bait thread.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,974

Just wait for next

Windows of Opportunity, Resilience and Adrenaline

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I mean in league it's just everyone hating adc players, so I guess it's a 4v1 in a different way. Except in that game they deserve it lol.

• dbdthegame
    dbdthegame Member Posts: 699

It's only 3% 5head lmao just run faster

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Well asymmetrical games are vastly different than most other pvp games in terms of us vs them because both sides are never equal.

And DBD is afaik the ONLY game in this genre that manage to survive for several years.

• mustdogen
    mustdogen Member Posts: 367

Yeah!

We are survivors!!!

Our stuff should not be touched!!!

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,363

Sure, but they can never nerf another Killer perk again either. Do you agree to these terms?

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

"Taking the haste away cause low skill killers can't get easy hits or want to learn to beak loops".

As if MFT was the only perk giving haste. MFT alone does not make anyone stronger. It is usually used with Balanced Landing or Sprint Burst.

"Only that it might give you the chance to valt successfully, killers still had a major speed advantage."

Again, see above. Yes, you can vault then Lithe gives you 50% more speed. How is that fair?

Oh, and Mister, I never whine. But I appreciate the devs push survivors to a different mix of perks as everybody has to use MFT and the above-mentioned perks these days.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

The Devs will nerf every perk when enough people on this forum whine about it. As for vaulting, just play a male character, cause the only thing we were lacking in this game was sexism, so now that we have that in-check as well the fun can begin. /s

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Im all for changing perks to reward for actions. Survivor perks synergize fairly well as an individual but even more so when counted as the 16 total for a team. So much utility from the perk roster should be tempered by having the players earn the most beneficial effects.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,844

This makes zero sense. You have some of the most confusing takes.

1.) Perks on both side synergize. Survivor perks aren’t more synergetic than killer perks. I’d personally argue the inverse.

2.) One survivor loads into the game with 4 perks. They have zero say in what anyone else chooses, so there’s no guarantee that what that one person chooses will ‘synergize’ with some one else’s loadout. Doubly so since most survivors bring the same perks, which isn’t synergy but duplication.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

This post(s headline) screams "leave Britney alone" meme vibes for me.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

1) I didnt say survivor perks are "more" synergetic in regards to an individual then the killer, but do agree with the implication that the team does. Killer has perk synergy but can only devote attention to one function at a time, which usually means the loadout covers different scenarios or leads up to one large payoff.

2) I wouldnt count all duplicate perks in my statement or even the necessity to coordinate perks with teammates.

A random solo can synergize just as well with the rest of the team regardless of the lack of communication, I know this because I am that solo. Having one Survivor that's really good at healing definitely compliments another Survivor who's dedicated to running and taking hits.

3) I'm simply stating that I think it's healthy in the asymmetrical format for the team with more players and more perk variety per match to work towards beneficial boosts.

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 535

mimimi

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 287

Nothing is -ever- enough. Apparently it just isn't easy enough to 4K all the time. It's actually sad seeing perks constantly nerfed to oblivion.

Isn't it ironic a broken perk like UW is not being nerfed? Killers own this game.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

We are strength. We are unity. We all need zimmer frames.

• Zraith
    Zraith Member Posts: 143

Well if people go back to use Lithe or SB in its place, then it is a bit more weird though, as Lithe is the more recent and even that was released 6 years ago. So if shaking up the meta means making DLCs from the last decade relevant again, then maybe they need to reconsider how they wish to accomplish this.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,363

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

(Meat = learning to actually play the game without crutch perks. Pudding = Crutch perks.)

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,584

Although I'm certainly old enough to be the father of many forum users (maybe even the grandfather, given how young some sound), I dare say I'm not that far gone yet.

My back has known better days though.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,924

MFT has been out longer than UW so not a fair comparison, and plenty of killer players agree UW is at least the strongest killer tracking perk, even if they won't admit its overpowered.

You also ignore and/or do not mention the several other killers perks, add-ons and powers that have been nerfed, such as Eruption, Pop, Pain Res, Spirit add-ons, Nurse add-ons, Xeno tail, Skull Merchant. Not to mention the introduction of the HUD and the AFC system.

It doesn't give your argument a lot of credibility when you ignore basic provable facts to support a false narrative.

• Moonras2
    Moonras2 Member Posts: 359

My back seems to have survived fine but my knees... Ohh my knees... All those years they said I'd hurt later in life if I didn't dress warm or stop jumping off things and I thought they were lying.

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 650

Hex: Ruin, Hex: Undying, Old Mory offerings, DMS, Eruption, CoB, OC, Pop, Pain resonance, Thanatophobia, Spirit addons, Nurse addons, Xenomorph tail attack, Old Hillbilly, Freddy, legion and slinger ... They were all nerfed a lot. You still say killers own this game? I don't think so.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,122

If you’re nothing without MFT then you shouldn’t have it.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

What's the condition for the haste in MFT? When you are being chased? Lol

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Gets the convo going with other people though, so, has some benefit

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

"Stay injured"

This is not happening, Resilience exist for half a decade, the reward is to stay injured.

When a player bias enough on one side, everything has its own reason

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 287

Does it really mean anything MFT came out slightly before another perk? It sounds like you are having a hard time justifying this.

You can go on and name a small number of things for killers that have been nerfed, but it is a proveable fact that quadruple of things been nerfed on survivors while killers are all buffed constantly. Now it is Trickster.

You were just rambling.