The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

STOP DCING !!!!

Kikki
Kikki Member Posts: 536
It's so freaking annoying!!! 
The Killer is here to KILL you!!! 
I wish there was a real Punishment if the player dc's on a number on dc's!
Even someone has bad Internet,it is not my fault!

PS:Everytime I see a DC,then it is after getting downed...

Comments

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    DCs suck, but being face camped first hook sucks and I can see why they do it. It hurts their team, alot
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

If I'm playing killer and someone dcs, i'll always make sure at least one survivor gets the hatch. When a survivor dcs, especially early, its gives quite an advantage as killer and is extremely unfair to other survivors.

Also, make sure you report everyone who dcs. You do need to dc quite a bit to get a ban, but we can still slowly thin the horde of people who clearly don't want to actually play the game.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

@Kikki said:
    It's so freaking annoying!!! 
    The Killer is here to KILL you!!! 
    I wish there was a real Punishment if the player dc's on a number on dc's!
    Even someone has bad Internet,it is not my fault!

PS:Everytime I see a DC,then it is after getting downed...

They might be dodging if you got bad internet and don't wanna deal with it. As for me, I usually don't dc, just because I don't like to depip twice.

• I will DC if I am just getting slugged for the 4 man and I don't think the killer deserves it.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@blue4zion said:
    If I'm playing killer and someone dcs, i'll always make sure at least one survivor gets the hatch. When a survivor dcs, especially early, its gives quite an advantage as killer and is extremely unfair to other survivors.

Also, make sure you report everyone who dcs. You do need to dc quite a bit to get a ban, but we can still slowly thin the horde of people who clearly don't want to actually play the game.

You don’t report the dc’s they even said don’t report them.

• blue4zion

@TreemanXD said:

@blue4zion said:

You don’t report the dc’s they even said don’t report them.

oooh i didn't know this, thank you.

• GrootDude

@blue4zion you’re welcome

• RazDragon24
    RazDragon24 Member Posts: 27

Yes! Its very annoying as a survivor as well if your teammate DC's after being downed once then your stuck for the rest of the match with 3 people and 5 gens if the other people don't DC too.

• Kikki
    edited February 2019
    Mr_Myers said:
    DCs suck, but being face camped first hook sucks and I can see why they do it. It hurts their team, alot
    Yeah but still... If I getting facecamped then I let me hang,because I can be sure the Killer wasted time and maybe depip too
  • Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

i have noticed more survivors now dcing....more the Killers....some dc because they don't like the map, don't like who the killer is.....no matter how pissed off i am, and been recently a few times i have wanted to throw the controller i still haven't dc'd...and people who dc because they don't think the killer deserves it....well yeah they do, slugging or not, face camping, they still beat yo ass.....suck it up buttercups!

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

Extract the cancer from the following and you will see less DC:

• Legion / Doctor / Every Killer that isn't Freddy (because he is the only fairly balanced killer in game)
    • P2W
    • One Shot
    • BBQ Cheese (Scrublord 'I win' button)
    • Noed (Another Scrublord 'I Win' button)
    • Face Camping (Impossible)
    • Tunneling (Also Impossible)
    • Killer Default Easy-Mode, Hand-Held, Babied, Crutch option for all the extra Special snowflakes (Never going to happen)
    • Killers with absolute total control over latency via a broken one sided hosting system that favors KIllers (Not in our life time)
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@blue4zion said:

Hi there. Please don't report DCs as that happens automatically. Reporting DCs just fills the report queue with unneeded tickets.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    e8Lattice said:

• Legion / Doctor / Every Killer that isn't Freddy (because he is the only fairly balanced killer in game)
    • P2W
    • One Shot
    • Killer Default Easy-Mode, Hand-Held, Babied, Crutch option for all the extra Special snowflakes (Never going to happen)
    • Killers with absolute total control over latency via a broken one sided hosting system that favors KIllers (Not in our life time)
    You tryin to catch some largemouth Bass? That's some mighty strong bait you're using there.
  • JFF
    JFF Member Posts: 166

I still don't understand why people DC. I understand you don't want to deal with X killer or you're tired of being camped, etc, but you can just simply suicide on hook in the worst case scenario and move on rather than leaving the match after you get downed.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

@e8Lattice said:

• P2W
    • One Shot

How is this game remotely Pay2WIn? Survivors have more aura reading perks than killer ever have and they have very little conditions and two of them trump EVERY form of Killer stealth. BBQ ain't that bad considering killer only gets 4 seconds of info. Freddy isn't fairly balanced at all. He's just weak in every aspect of the game except endgame. His power doesn't help with chase or map pressure or even kill securing. His power is literally just that he can play the game as an average killer. Dedicated servers will nullify the p2p latency issue. NOED is probably the best balanced it has ever been and most of the time killers don't really need it. If you want to talk about crutch options then let's start talking about insta-heals, SB, adrenaline, flashlights, Current DS, Deliverance, to name a few.

Removing any of the things you listed or that I have responded with wouldn't decrease the amount of DCs.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Well do you?
  • Kikki
    HeroLives said:
    Well do you?
    Other question: Do you love it when your mates dc? Especially when you have 5 Gen's to do?
  • LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    I dc whenever I see anyone playing survivor. If you pick literally any survivor you deserve to get DC'd sorry. Maybe you should be playing killer instead.
  • BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

@Kikki said:
    STOP DCING !!!!

No. /thread

• blue4zion

@Peasant said:

@blue4zion said:

Hi there. Please don't report DCs as that happens automatically. Reporting DCs just fills the report queue with unneeded tickets.

I do know now, but at the time i didn't realize it. Isin't it listed in one of the options? Haven't been on in a little but that's why i would report.

• Kikki

Well.... love it... 5 Gen's to do and only 2 Survivor's...

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

There are multiple reasons survivors DC. Let me name a few

1. They get found first and they are mad. This is probably the most common
    2. They get camped and then immediately tunneled off the hook, honestly who can blame them for leaving?
    3. The killer is slugging. Not everybody wants to admire floor graphics for four minutes doing nothing
    4. Legion...need I say more?
    5. Bad connection
    6. Every other survivor DC’s with five gens left.
    7. Sometimes real life circumstances happen
    8. An accidental DC

I’m not saying all of these are good excuses for DC’ing but not all survivors want to get slugged and lag all over the place with connection from Jupiter.

Also let’s not pretend like there aren’t killers out there who rage quit after 3 gens are done and they’ve found nobody.

There are salty survivor out there for sure, but some have their reasons for DC’ing.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

P2W? With what? There is nothing in this game, that says Pay to Win

BBQ and NOED are countable. So stop crying about them.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

I do not agree with punishment for DCing/Lobby Dodging for multiple reasons, but for this specifically, have you considered that;

Some people DC if they notice the killer's ping is crap right as the game starts, or if the game is super laggy because the killer is probably doing something on other tabs or using their crap connection on purpose to make the game laggy and get faster kills (and some people don't want to deal with that because it's not fair).

I hope that you went to the killers section and complained about the killers who DC when they people they tunneled and camped all day are about to escape, or when some team keeps flashlight saving each other.

• Kikki

I see this very rarely.What I see often is Dcing when the Person got downed or hooked.They still can left bevor the match starts and if it lag's in the match I don't say anything.The most thing what me trigger is this what I has sayed.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

It is damn annoying. I had a match a little while ago where every survivor dc'd. I hit one they dc. I hit another they dc. Wasted my best add-ons for that ######### show.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
  • Evp
    Evp Member Posts: 19

Honestly I can see why people DC for tunneling/camping/slugging. Its really not fun playing the "watch the ground" or "Kranky Babysitter" simulator.

I also had a friend who would DC to punish killers for certain actions. I was on the hook and the killer was camping me staring at my beautiful David eyes. Poof there goes a Claudette running towards me, poof there goes a crouching Nea, and poof a closet somewhere just got lighter.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Git Gud

• Evp
    Evp Member Posts: 19

Now I am imagining a hatchet one-shotting people so hard they DC!

• Kikki

Oh come on ... I really hope they add a punishmend to salt dcler... Like really? Why?

• Capt_Disconnect
    Capt_Disconnect Member Posts: 9

sorry man, if the match is going to be a waste of time because some killer had to be OP then i'm not going to waste what little time I have to game, getting tunneled.

• HeroLives

I honestly don’t get many dc mates at all. I stick out even the shittiest of matches Bc it will make me a better player. Idk maybe the entity loves me.

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183

Survivor dc more than killer because killer can lobbydodge(swf, flaslight, p3, toolboxes ecc) survivor not (because they can't See the killer before match)

• Prisoner6969
    Prisoner6969 Member Posts: 5

Survivors are using the DC option because the odds are stacked to heavily in the killers favour. No matter how fast you run, or how much you loop or juke you can't run faster than the killers. 4% chance of unhooking without help is a joke. You basically get one chance to survive or you may as well DC. What's even sadder than the balance between killers and survivors is if two DC, one dies and your left holding the candle your not going to win and you are rewarded with loss of rank or rank points. This needs to be fixed, you should either earn points or you don't. Losing them altogether is unacceptable.

• GrootDude

@Prisoner6969 the game is definitely not favored towards killers, if you can actually loop then you’ll keep the killer and as for the 4% what do you expect? 75%? It isn’t a guaranteed escape.

• Prisoner6969
    Prisoner6969 Member Posts: 5

Treemanxd. Feedback on my post is fair and I'll take your comments on board. I guess im more disappointed with the loss of rank or rank points when left in an unwinable game.

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    edited March 2019

Seeing the hundreds of posts on here. I really wonder why everyone is such an entitled baby. And I'm not just trying to throw out insults at anyone or anything like that, it just seems like a good description for whats happening in this game.

Survivors dc because they've been caught, killers dc because ruin breaks, survivors dc if they see legion, killers dc if they see claudette, survivors dc if they get downed, killers dc if they lose, survivors dc if the killer uses a perk they don't like, killers dc over cosmetics, survivors dc over being hooked once, killers dc if survivors do gens at all.

Like just play the game. Most of us have been in these situations and turned games around. As killer they'll genrush me 2-3 gens for one hook because I chased to hard. It happens, but you don't have to dc you can still turn the tables. Same with survivor, you can get caught first and still finish the game with an escape.

So I gotta agree with the poster here, stop DCing.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Its a strong counter prevents hooks and barbeque stacks. Kappa

Make no mistale if you dc and your on my team you go on a list of players i refuse to play with. Imagine if dcing matched you with killers who have high negative points in proximity to hooks category. That would massively dissuade dcing.

Just a thought.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

As a survivor, I will DC if:

-the lobby ping is extremely low but in game and I start warping or getting stuck in place

-real life issue occurs, i have children

-I get stuck in terrain and cannot move, thus attracting crows and eventually dying. Or in a lot of cases, the killer leaves me alone, and saves me for last because he knows where i am.

-the game crashes(This happens a LOT now with the recent 'update')

-I'm getting sandbagged and farmed by a SWF(it happens occasionally with solo players but far more frequently with SWFs)

Otherwise i'll just kill myself. The only time i'll DC if i get downed is if the killer is teleporting(not the nurse btw) and all of a sudden i get hit and downed out of no where and the killer appears when i'm being picked up.

"its not my fault you have bad internet" more like you're connected to a server that isn't near your native country(ie: from USA connecting to UK). So actually that would in fact be 100% your fault.

As someone who has worked in IT, geographical issues can VERY easily arise in a P2P Environment. I understand your frustration, but punishment should only be reserved for those who intentionally abuse the system to derank. This is actually very easy for them to see on the back end.

• HeroLives

You should see less dcs and more hook suicides in the future