Is ignoring an afk survivor bannable?

marion
marion Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

I was trying to do an adept and ignored an afk survivor while I chased down the last other survivor.

i know it’s a very scummy move, and I honestly feel awful for it, but is it bannable?

the other surv lost me, and refused to work on any gens while hiding, then said I held them hostage,, did I? And if so, is there any way I can make up for it? Cause I do genuinely feel awful about it,,,

Answers

• Kuffowi
    Kuffowi Member Posts: 62

ive had a similar experience, i dont consider this holding hostage at all, holding hostage requires copious amounts of time lost to the game, ignoring and afk and going for the real people is usually what i do in that situation, i wouldnt cosider it lol. but knowing where the afk is can seal your merciless killer end :>

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,481

Nope. It's not your fault they were afk.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,179

I wouldn't ignore them the entire game, but I wouldn't immediately down them and hook them at the start either. I give them a minute or so. Stuff happens. Pets, kids, spouses, etc. The killers who immediately down and hook AFK players at the start are really, really weird to me.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

If I’m doing adept, all niceties are thrown out the window. I’m tunneling, proxy camping, and slugging for the 4k. Just the way it has to go for one game.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,685

nope, you did not. unless you purposefully carry them so they can't bleed out there is no holding hostage. they could attempt doing gens, get found and killed.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

No.

In fact I tend to ignore them untill they get crows. I like to give them the opportunity of coming back.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,366

Yeah it's 50/50 in my survivor games. Half will give the afkers a few minutes to come back while the other half will down and hook. I've never had one leave an afker to the end of the game though... kind of smart, yet I can see why the person who actually played the game would get frustrated. Ultimately though it's the afker ruining the match.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

A survivor being afk isn't your fault. If you capitalise on that and go after the survivors actually playing the game first and leave the afker till last, that's not against the rules in any way whatsoever.

• SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 249

I had the exact same situation just killed the afk before going for the last surv. I got the argumentation that it is always unsportsmanlike reportable Behaviour to go for an afk person unless it is the last survivor.

Point of the Story: many people in this community will always complain and make up rules that that fit their understanding of what is reportable. Dont give it too much thought and play however u like.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

No. I usually smack them then go after other survivors, and if they're not doing anything after I run into them again I'll down them to give the other survivors something to do. The issue is with the afk survivor, though, not you or the other survivors.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,862

When doing adepts, anything goes; you gotta do what you gotta do.

As a survivor I have plenty of times I've gone "you sweaty try hard son of a... oh he's doing an adept... oh fair enough then. Good job brother".

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 428

No not bannable, but I would consider it good manners to ignore them for a short time at least, especially if its at the start of the match because they could be having load-in or ping issues causing them to be AFK. If you come back to them and they have more than one AFK crow, then I'd say it's fair to down them or even hook them since it's more than likely they might not be coming back.

The above is what I normally do, as I've had killers do this for me when I've loaded in late due to crappy internet so I try to pay that forward to other survivors when I play killer.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,891

That's the bad part of the new system. 4k is required for the challenge to be completed.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

There's no 'correct' way to deal with an AFK survivor. Hooking them is often seen as scummy as well.