If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Buckle up & FTP nerf when?

Options
2»

Comments

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,276
    Options
  • dbdthegame
    dbdthegame Member Posts: 699
    Options

Okay then. Had four games in a row yesterday while playing Naughty Bear where I'm playing against predrop squad, and when I finally get my first down 3 gens deep, out comes Zarina with funny 10s endurance perk that undoes all my progress while I'm in hit cooldown.

Needless to say, I switched to Blight and played like my life depended on it. And all of sudden, everyone is giving up on first down.

By all means, keep your broken combo, but you're gonna see the worst of me. You don't get to whine about killers sweating while bringing broken garbage that makes killers sweat. At the end of the day, killers want a fair chance to win also. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.

• dbdthegame
    Options

Survivors have plenty of good perks. Any exhaustion perk is a good perk. As is Chem Trap, Any Means, Blast Mine, Adren, Inner Strength, Alert, Autodidact, Bond, Botany, Overzealous etc etc.

In fact, I think survivors have more good perks than not. What people don't want is survivors having BROKEN perk combos like, say, a combo that gives you and another person 10s endurance, that can be instantly applied to a slug while killer is still in wipe animation, that only requires you to be close to the person when they go down. Just the same way, I'm sure you wouldn't want killers to have a perk that instantly downs you when you're working on a gen.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options
  • NerfDHalready
    Options

you can't grab a fast vaulting or pallet dropping survivor :) hope this helps with your issue.

• LazyClown
    LazyClown Member Posts: 171
    Options

I think at this moment in time balance wise it's fine, especially granting potential stacks of save the best for last. If save the best for last receives any nerfs then I would say start nerfing the endurance stuff. It does suck to deal with this perk in a trial without stbfl, but hey you didn't run the perk, or hell if you can';t buy the perk run forced hesitation, you can get the hit before they ftp then.

• dbdthegame
    edited November 2023
    Options

"No one gave a damn about a perk combo until the perk combo became busted and survivors started abusing it every other game to make killers' lives miserable"

Woah. Say it ain't so.

Also, FTP had a large niche usage even before BU buff. It's an excellent altruistic anti-tunnel perk, and forces the killer to switch aggro or have to eat into two health states. Not to mention, WGLF+FTP was a strong combo, but had an activation requirement and was risky for the person using it. Then, powercrept BU shows up and throws all balance out of the window, and all of a sudden, survivors start acting like they discovered some really cool and quirky combo that no one ever thought of. FTP+BU is next on the chopping block after MFT, like it or not. And after that, hopefully UW will get a second look. Neither side gets to have egregiously powerful garbage that soaks up all mistakes and extends the game unfairly.

Sounds good. We'll make STBFL basekit then. Deal?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

You can force medium vaults, the Killer IS faster than the Survivor.

• NerfDHalready
    Options

they have an entire 10 seconds. if you block the window they can just find a pallet or another window.

• NerfDHalready
    Options

adapt and find something else

blud buckle up became a whole different perk survivors didn't find anything. bhvr didn't think the buff thoroughly and the perk turns out to be broken when paired with ftp.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,804
    Options

You are completely ignoring the point I was making.

It's not about winning or losing, it's the fact that this perk can consistently put the player into a lose/lose situation.

The only counterplay that exists is hitting the For The Buckle Up user but doing so puts you in an awful position still since both Survivors make distance and you are still denied a down/hook.

My problem is that there is no meaningful counterplay against it.

• Pulsar
    Options

You are still faster.

It is extremely unlikely that if they commit to a window, that they'll be able to make a safe pallet.

• dbdthegame
    Options

Consider the following: you down a survivor, they get instantly picked up while you're still wiping, they start running. They already have 2 second headstart on you while you're stuck in wipe animation. Now, they have 8s of Endurance, ~7m of distance, and the entire map to play around with. But sure, "just grab them lmao". Just like you could "just wait it out lmao" for old DH, and old Eruption, etc.

• NerfDHalready
    Options

them making to any pallet or even going down under one is still a way better state since they were already about to be picked up. we are talking about bt-length of endurance from the point the killer already got their down, there shouldn't be much to argue about especially stuff like whether you can deny a fast vault or not.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,187
    Options

Can people not whine about average perks for once? How much handholding do you need jfc. Should all survivors just start on hook? Can you win then or will you still whine?

• Pulsar
    Options

That is not what I was responding to.

Please, read the context of my comment.

• Pulsar
    Options

You are sacrificing gen time for a POSSIBLE opportunity to delay a hook.

It's a risky wager that can be punished easily by multiple Killers.

It's best use is to delay a tunnel because the risk is worth the reward.

• NerfDHalready
    Options

i've always thought and said gen times don't matter if the gameplay is as unfun as it can get for one side but quoting someone else in a thread similar to this: "there is still 2 people progressing their objective meanwhile killer cannot against this perk combo". and no pulling off a ftp buckle up is not risky like a flashlight save, it's almost guaranteed.

• Pulsar
    Options

The gameplay against it is fine. I have never once felt frustrated at it like I did against, say, locker saves or when people could bug on top of objects.

I think I've only had someone proc it on me once or twice because I HAVE EARS and will smack the other person whilst zoning the Survivor I was originally chasing.

Also, yes, it IS risky against a lot of Killers.

Oni, Nurse, Blight, Billy, Trapper, Myers, Huntress, Bubba, Spirit, Legion (you won't use it on him, tbh), Plague (you won't use it against her, tbh), Ghostface, Pinhead, Trickster (especially new Trickster, actual death sentence) and possibly Wesker, who may not give you the opportunity due to the slam.

• NerfDHalready
    Options

i'm not getting hit with it all the time either because thankfully it's not that commonly ran and i refuse to play lower tier killers because of mft so my pressure is generally high and people can't always afford wasting time healing all the time and hovering chases. it is an extra kick in the privates of a losing killer just like old coh was; as a losing killer you couldn't run around snuffing boons and when you didn't you couldn't establish any meaningful pressure. when you are a weaker killer going through the map breaking pallets, gens getting done left and right and you get hit with this bs? you already lost the match because after resources are gone and you finally get some hook pressure going it should've been your stronger phase of the match but nope.

again, counterplay isn't always there. you can't bodyblock a completely open area, and w/o stbfl or any m2 killer other than huntress (short range shot) you literally can't magically get out of hit animation and deny the play even when you see the play coming miles away. and please ever don't suggest changing targets mid chase because if a perk combo made you switch from an injured target to a healthy one the combo already did its job more than necessary. if you mean "tunnel their *** out asap", then sure that can be a valid counterplay which is ironic because lots of people even here defend this as a counterplay to tunnelling.

mostly agree with plague and legion (since healing might not always be the best choice or even an option) and wesker obviously, but others especially oni are enormously affected.

sorry for the essay but hopefully i'm making some sense to maybe change people's minds about this broken combo.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

the combination is fine and neither perk should be changed.

• dbdthegame
    Options

No offense, but I remember you saying the exact same thing about MFT, and look at it now.

Based on the Pulsar frame of reference, looks like a Buckle Up nerf is imminent.

• TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589
    Options

last time I checked, FTP+BU combo doesn't discriminate between tunnelling killers and any killers that down a survivor

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,719
    Options

You're just a turkey that occasionally teleport.. so how would u know?

• Pulsar
    Options

BHVR caves under pressure. Also, if we're taking shots like that, congrats on the ban.

Anyways, I do think that the way they decided to nerf MFT is a massive mistake, as it pushes the perk into meme levels of bad. Likewise, I almost guarantee that however they'll nerf FTP Buckle Up; if they do nerf it, will be equally as bad.

• Pulsar
    Options

"Ah yes, allow me to try to FTP Buckle Up against this Demon Dashing Oni, surely they won't turn around and kill me."

I've been playing a ######### ton of Myers and Oni recently. I've had people following behind me literally throw the game trying to do something, couldn't tell if it was Buckle Up because they died

• myersgoestochurch
    myersgoestochurch Member Posts: 169
    Options

I'm sorry, all this time I was under the illusion that survivors were supposed to use perks at their advantage, my bad!

This is all very comical.

• myersgoestochurch
    Options
  • Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,067
    Options

Is the combo strong? Absolutely. - But it's absolutely not the only perk combo that's very strong and since other extremely strong combos have remained in the game without issue my takeaway is: very strong combos are very much alright. Especially if they require some luck/work to be put in.

What people seem to forget is that if a survivor is able to sweep in during hit-cooldown to FTP-Buckleup they have been tailing the chase for a long while which means several things: for starters, only two people were on gens which means gen progress is way too slow to have a good shot at actually winning (simply because resources will be depleted before gens are popped; chases in deadzones are extremely short). The two people who are now injured have to waste quite some time; you can choose to go after whichever one and the combo should only catch you off guard once. Don't give them the speed boost. You lost 15-20 seconds until you get your hookstage in subsequent combo-situations and the FTP-person can't even reset for a good long while. If they stayed close chances are you'll find them and have to chase them for one health state less. If they ran to the other side of the map to not be found that's a lot of time lost running around the map.

All in all FTP-Buckle Up hurts from a killer's perspective because if it does have an impact it has a huge impact - and all the instances where the combo screws the survs over for one reason or the other (which arguably happens more often) the killer doesn't even notice.

• Gabe_Soma
    Gabe_Soma Member Posts: 276
    Options

What a community of whiners, at this point let the survivors use their perks only once they have been sacrificed.

• Zenislev
    Zenislev Member Posts: 151
    Options

In what way is that suggestion not fair? It lets buckle up protect the person being tunneled, turning it into a true anti-tunneling perk. That's what people are are pretending buckle up is for isn't it?

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,804
    edited November 2023
    Options

You can go through my discussions and see that Ive pointed out MANY things on both sides that were just unhealthy for the game, saying "oh this one side isnt allowed to have anything good" is such a bad argument when Ive talked about both sides.

Heck, go through my discussions (and I mean actually go through stuff and not just stop at the first page) and youll see that Ive been an advocate that the game isnt really sided to a particular side and I firmly address issues on either side.

You can probably even just type in "Eruption" into the search bar and find the dozens of "nerf Eruption" threads I made back when it was OP.

Post edited by Iron_Cutlass on
  • myersgoestochurch
    Options

Nobody's pretending anything except you though. This combo exists because sometimes, just sometimes, survivor perks have synergy, this is what this game is about. If you keep losing your trials because of that, I don't see how that's the survivors' problem.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,165
    edited November 2023
    Options

Regardless of what side you fall on, the FTP + Buckle Up combo is pretty obnoxious.

I've kept saying FTP needs to be made a health exchange rather than "healing" for the purposes of perk interaction... The problem is this kills FTP as a perk... why would you ever run it? So nerfing FTP doesn't seem the call.

Buckle Up already steps on We're Gonna Live Forever's toes... you can take faster healing perks for far better general usage with no condition, that also gives you endurance as well...

With MFT nerfed, and the endurance effect is now the star of the show on MFT... and it now feels like Buckle Up is stepping on MFT's toes too...

Much as I hate to say it... I think we need to think about what to do with Buckle Up to give it a niche of its own...

I'm actually thinking maybe bring the old speed version back, but:

• Applies when either you heal an ally, or an ally heals you from the dying state.
    • Grants a 15% speed buff to both survivors for 10 seconds.
    • The Killer's aura is revealed to both of you whilst either are healing the survivor from the dying state.
    • (Optional) The Killer's aura is revealed for the duration of the haste effect.

This means it's an anti slugging perk that works both if you're slugged, or an ally is slugged. It has a decently strong effect if you time it well, not as good as WGLF but for no condition.

It can be combined with other perks such as Botany Knowledge or ofc WGLF to get some real clutch anti-slug. The FTP combo still would not be bad, as you can make a clutch save with a speed boost if you need it. With a Dead Hard in there you still have build possibilities.

• TSQuint
    TSQuint Member Posts: 88
    Options

Here we go again. It's not the perks themselves, it's SWF. Always has been and always will be. Until it's either completely removed from the game, (which is unrealistic), or they start putting some heavy restrictions on it, the tap dancing BHVR will do to try to appease everyone will continue.

• myersgoestochurch
    Options

I mean, killers have been asking for this. Survivors adapted their playstyle and now killers don't want to adapt so they're asking for nerfs. Yawn. It they think Mft was bad, just wait.

• NerfDHalready
    Options

if they are running right next to the person you are chasing yes they won't be able to make the play. let's not talk about potatoes now. as oni especially if it's the last bits of your power, after your down you getting out of your power gives plenty of time for the ftp user to react.

• NerfDHalready
    Options

just adapt and counter stbfl. you can try ds or ftp to become the obsession and counter it yourself! :)

survivors are given this new buckle up which is mft and wglf infused into one perk so they didn't adapt ****. wglf has an activation condition (isn't free and braindead), mft doesn't work with ftp but for some reason buckle up does. i understand you need broken stuff to have your own fun but this has gotta get that nerf like every other broken stuff in the game.

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 250
    Options

That's a valid point. But a lot of the time it's abused in different circumstances

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 250
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hmm, just saying it can be frustrating for ethical killers who play fair :). The community has a right to query the current status of perks ^.^

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,980
    Options

They ran out of ideas of having buckle Up be more used lol