Tatariu's Demogorgon update

THE DEMOGORGON | BASE-KIT CHANGES

To celebrate the return of Stranger Things in Dead by Daylight, everybody’s favourite good boy (The Demogorgon) is getting a minor update! This update focuses primarily on its add-ons, while offering a slight boost to the base-kit. The result should be a more diverse set of add-ons with a more finely-tuned base-kit.

First and foremost, when The Demogorgon exits a portal, it gains the Undetectable status effect for a short time period. While this is nice, it unfortunately doesn’t come into play too often due to the loud footstep audio left by The Demogorgon. Moving forward, The Demogorgon’s footstep audio has been reduced and can be heard at a reduced distance.

Next, I want to cover the Upside Down, and specifically the portals that The Demogorgon can place throughout the map. When a Survivor is near an activated portal they’re inflicted with the Oblivious status effect. This can sometimes allow The Demogorgon to catch a Survivor sealing a portal off-guard. So to make this particular playstyle a little more reliable, the Oblivious status effect will now persist for 3 seconds when leaving the boundaries of a portal.

THE DEMOGORGON | ADD-ON CHANGES

As mentioned earlier, The Demogorgon’s add-ons have been revisited. Some have been given number tweaks, while others were reworked to apply unique effects. Furthermore, all of The Demogorgon’s add-ons have been updated to display their exact numerical effect, rather than a percentage. This should help alleviate any confusion surrounding the strength of various effects the add-ons offer (less trips to unofficial wikis).

• Black Heart: Decreases the successful attack cool-down of Shred by 0.5 seconds.
  • Rat Liver: Shows the attack range of Shred.
  • Barb’s Glasses: Decreases the cool-down of Shred after breaking a pallet or wall by 0.3 seconds.
  • Mew’s Guts: Increases the number of available portals by 1. Decreases the missed attack cool-down of Shred by 0.25 seconds.
  • Rotten Green Tripe: Increases movement speed while traversing between portals by 5m/s.
  • Sticky Lining: Increases the Killer Instinct detection range of portals by 4 meters.
  • Viscous Webbing: After a Survivor seals a portal, they’re inflicted with the Blindness status effect for 60 seconds.
  • Brass Case Lighter: Shred causes Survivors to drop their item.
  • Deer Lung: Shred inflicts the Mangled and Hemorrhage status effects until healed.
  • Eleven’s Soda: Shred inflicts the Exhausted status effect for 5 seconds.
  • Thorny Vines: After a Survivor seals a portal, they’re inflicted with the Oblivious status effect for 60 seconds.
  • Violet Waxcap: Increases the duration of the Undetectable status effect after exiting a portal by 2 seconds.
  • Lifeguard Whistle: Triggers Killer Instinct when a Survivor is within the detection range of a portal. Decreases the number of available portals by 2.
  • Unknown Egg: While traversing between portals, the repair progress of generators can be determined by the intensity of their auras.
  • Upside Down Resin: Increases time required for Survivors to seal portals by 4 seconds.
  • Vermillion Webcap: Gain a 10% Haste status effect for 5 seconds after exiting a portal.
  • Red Moss: The Demogorgon exits portals silently. Disables the global sound-cue while traversing between portals.

Comments

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

love what you have come up with here. would be nice for demo to get some love now he is purchasable again.

I had an idea for the upside down as well.

after a portal is created its roots would spread out increasing its area of effect area of effect up to 16 meters over 45 seconds like how in the show the upside down would spread out of the portals.

walking on the roots would make demos footsteps very quiet and when the portal is closed the roots would wither and become inactive creating a new portal on withered roots would increase the speed of its spread by 30% up until it starts to create new roots in an area without any then the bonus is lost.

so as the match goes on the demos territory increases

this my be a bit to strong in a 3 gen setting so to balance it I would increase the speed of closeing a portal with multiple survivors

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,305

I don't think this address any of demo's problems.

The first problem demo in my opinion is that placing portals near gens is lower time commitment to disable then it takes to place portal. The way to counter survivors that disable portals is to double portal a generator. The problem is that demo has too little portals at base-kit to have mobility around the map. A buff I would like to see for demo is bigger base portal count. The current limited max portal count he has make him unattractive for me to play. It is not fun having no map mobility when you pick a mobility killer.

-Increase portal max portal count from 6 to 11.

The second problem with demo is his shred is too easy to counter. Because survivor is always ahead of killer, the survivor can calculate the number of loops they can do before demo get closed enough to shred before they drop the pallet. Demo's shred is suppose to be like Coup the grace type ability where he has extended lunge but cast time from 0.65-1 second makes a poor tool for playing dropped pallets because survivor can turn sharp corners in many instances. the pallet break too long to get hits post-pallet break. My suggestion to improve shred would be to lower the cast time so extended lunge attack could be used quicker around corners.

-Reduced shred charge time from 0.65-1 second to 0.35-0.7

The final problem demo is that demo lacks lethality as a killer. There is a perk called save the best for last that helps demo recover quicker off basic m1 attacks but a killer should not be dependent on a perk to have relevant threat-level. His black heart add-on gives 15% lower cooldown on shred but threshold are not enough for demo to get double hits on average. So my suggestion would be to give a base-kit version of black heart add-on so that black heart add-on has more relevancy.

-Reduced Shred successful cooldown from 3 seconds to 2.5 seconds.

If demo uses black heart add-on, he can get 2.125 second of cooldown giving him a moderate version of STBFL perk on his basic ability. This will allow demo to catch-up on health-state hits a lot easier. Demo will feel smoother to play.

The changes they did a few months ago where they increased his undetectable duration from 2 to 5 second but weakened his only impact useful add-on made him worse. These 3 changes will improve him a lot more and make him less dependent on add-on's. He does not need add-on changes, he needs a better base-kit.

==

Recap of changes:

-Increase portal max portal count from 6 to 11

-Reduce Shred charge time from 0.65-1 seconds to 0.35-0.7

-Reduced shred successful cooldown from 3 seconds to 2.5 second.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,124

Nice writeup overall.

From someone who is learning Demogorgon, I find it kind of annoying that the shred button after charging it up is the same as the M1 button. Would be a nice Qol if it could be changed to something else

• BabyShrimp
    BabyShrimp Member Posts: 84

I think demo needs googly eyes cosmetics to celebrate his return.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,176

It gives a bit more control once you get use to it; compare it to a Killer like Hillbilly where you have to manage the charge time and feather the charge meter, having Shred work the way it does naturally makes more sense.

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 650

Great writings with clear layouts. It feels like I was looking real devs update. However, I think the portal should be buffed more, because it feels quite clunky. Also, as a one who started playing Demo after recent ST comeback, I want to try old Leprose Lichen.