fellow killers: let's always tunnel until the devs do something about it

2»

Comments

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 389

Is this supposed to make other people feel guilty about playing the game the way they want to play?

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 659
    edited November 2023

I agree with you. Give it the same rule. No conspicuous actions.

• LazyClown
    LazyClown Member Posts: 171

If you want to nerf tunneling you are going to have to buff most of the roster tremendously, which will mean that survivors are going to dc almost every trial the first time they get downed at 5 gens. Also are going to have to remove body blocking the killer, flashlight saves and sabo, as well as reworking endurance and insta down style play so be sure that you actually want tunneling gone. Remember, that survivor has become an automated easier experience now while killers at the start of trial drowning to get a kill. You will also need the killer role to become easier also if you want tunneling changed.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,444

I say how I feel. If I feel a particular way is skillless or skillful, I'll state it. If Im insulting someone, I make it very clear. If its skillful to someone else, it doesn't change my perspective unless its explained. Who's gonna explain why tunneling is skillful? I don't feel it is. I feel its lame and lacking skill or self improvement at the game. So I will continue to state such things. If this offends someone, apologies!

There's a few I'll happily go back and forth with. But I've never felt attacked myself. I've gotten no warnings from mods and such, save a few DC-admitting posts. But I am glad you brought up perspective. I am ALWAYS trying to see the other perspectives. It's how I thrive in life.

If you're tired of seeing that stuff, you really shouldn't be coming to the forums. This community is what it is, and its a toxic cesspool of human behavior unchecked. I can't say much else there. :(

But I will try to be more respectful moving forward. Thank you for being so candid about this. :)

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233

this is actually a fantastic idea! you could just put entity claws around the safe survivor when he gets downed, to show the killer (and other survivors) that he can't be picked up.

• last_juggernaut
    last_juggernaut Member Posts: 44

I have been tunnelling & camping since 2018. True toxic killers don't need a reason 🤣

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233

my point is that us "nice" killers balance out the toxic ones. If we were ALL playing toxic, then something would get done about it.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

when will ppl finally learns that u cant " fix " Tunneling ? Killing Survivors is the Killers only objectiv in the Game

Why the Killer should be punished for doing his Objectiv fast as possible ? Then Survivors should also be punished for only doing Gens .... Sounds stupid Right? yeah the same like asking to fix tunneling 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 547
    edited November 2023

Are you suggesting that players of the competitive scene are all unskilled? You never see them presenting perfect 12 hook matches. To me what you state sounds like saying that holding m1 on a gen when it's the optimal thing to do is lacking skill just because it's not mechanically hard. They definitely aren't improving while doing that!

Though I'm not saying that tunneling (or doing a gen) makes one skilled. But skilled players will do the optimal play when they want results.

• SimplyAnon
    SimplyAnon Member Posts: 1

In every killer movie the survivor can also hurt/mame the killer...🙄

• Disco
    Disco Member Posts: 73
    edited November 2023

The devs have already done something about it by making BT base kit and giving you haste after getting unhooked. You should be able to guess if the killer will return to hook and play accordingly rather than be greedy and always heal under hook. For example, if the killer hasn't started chasing someone else after hooking you and your team mate unhooks you just 10s or 15s after you got hooked then ofc the killer will return to hook and you should blame your team mate if you get tunnelled then especially if he doesn't try to take a hit for you. The devs have even created multiple perks to combat tunnelling and if i'm playing to win I always use one; either ds or off the record and so should you. If you're a decent looper you can waste SO much of a killers time if you take either of those perks and they try to tunnel you. It's actually partly why I don't tunnel much because many survivors will use those perks and the base kit BT and haste means it's often just as good to go for the unhooker.

I think the only thing they should do is enable you to press shift to stop someone from unhooking you at a bad time.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,444

Im not suggestion anything about competitive dbd (which sounds like an oxymoron tbh lol). Just because something is optimal doesn't means its skillful. It might be, but isn't exclusive. Perfect 12 hook matches are indeed fantasy and ultra rare. But I'd wager those games were pretty damn fun and engaging. There's nothing engaging about tunneling someone out every game. Those players aren't improving their killer game and likely won't until its addressed because it IS optimal.

Playing optimal at the moment in dbd is playing brain dead. Tunneling, proxy camping, WoO, gen rushing, pre-dropping, its all brainless. And the sad fact is it will give you results at the expense of self improvement and just not being a boring killer/survivor.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 307
    edited November 2023

Well I'm most of my games tunneling occurs in 1 of 3 ways:

1) the unhooker runs away immediately and hides leaving the injured alone, or the injured runs in front of said unhooker to burn basekit by.

2) I have like 3 hooks at 2 gens or less, and I don't want to depip, or it's the best play at the moment.

3.) Ace/Nea has been teabagging and flashy clicking me for the last minute wanting chase, so I oblige and then assume he wants to be chased again off hook and then one more time just to be sure he's had his fun.

Those are usually how all my tunneling matches play out, I like winning as most people who play games do wether they want to admit it or not. I will always do the most logical thing but I'm not gonna sweat or mald over anything.

When I play survivor I understand why the killer tunnels if they're playing to win, I'm usually the worst looper on my team so I'm the first tunneled. That being said the more I get tunneled the better I've gotten at looping which is the #1 counter to tunneling. At the end of the day I don't expect anyone to make the game enjoyable for me in anyway, I expect the exact opposite.

Oh and to the OP every killer tunneling wouldn't make bhvr nerf tunneling, simply because every survivor isn't gonna be successfully tunneled, there will be survivors that guess what actually out loop the killer and make tunneling a punishing offense.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

I feel like tunneling is sweating your booty off to make your mmr higher so you have to sweat even harder the next game.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893
    edited November 2023

No, I don't think I will tunnel. Why?

1. A lot of survs (most of the casuals) already think they're being tunneled even when they aren't, so not much would change.
    2. BHVR would probably respond by nerfing the killers hard, and in a way that doesn't even remotely relate to tunneling, because BHVR
    3. Tunneling has no real solution anyway, so it would be an exercise in futility
    4. Tunneling is hella boring. I want to relax when playing, not shut my brain all the way off
    5. Self-respect is a thing, and I have to look at myself in the mirror, and if I was a chronic tunneler that would get a lot harder for me
  • Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 378

They did do something about it; it's the built-in BT you get right off the hook. There's also, OTR, and Reassurance. Once you're on the tunnelvision your cakes belong to the killer at that point, there's very little you and your team can do to stop the clap, unfortunately.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

"I hate getting tunneled when I play as survivor, and I'm sure everyone else does too, which is why I always try to be nice as killer and go out of my way to NOT tunnel."

I don't mind being tunneled neither do most of the folks I game with. If your point needs you to assume everyone agrees with you then its not a great point.

Also not re-hooking a survivor or going for an early elimination really has nothing to do with being nice or not.

It can be more boring to play survivor if the killer isn't committed to eliminating you than it is to have to run for your life in a high stakes chase. When there is no real threat what's the point of fleeing?

"but it occurs to me that by being nice we're being counterproductive; if tunneling isn't constantly happening, then survivors aren't running into it and complaining about it as much, so the devs aren't pressured to fix it. Whereas if EVERY killer was constantly tunneling, the survivor players would all be up in arms about it and something would get done."

Your goal is to artificially inflate the chances of tunneling so it can be perceived as a problem and get changed because you don't like it. So you announce this plan on the forums.

Just wow.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 547
    edited November 2023

You do have a point, I'm just looking at it the other way around.

To improve in dbd you need to play sub-optimally. That comes from the game's design, it's not even a fault, it's just how the game is. If someone always aims to preform as best as he can, he'll have a hard time improving. But if someone always goes for the impossible but fun plays, he'll never know how much he improved by doing so.

I personally deal with this paradox by having prolonged chill practice, and sweaty climbing phases too. I also tend to assume that other players do the same, as only doing one gets boring and/or annoying fast. If they aren't doing such swings of approaches, I can only recommend it to them!

• Nightmarefan
    Nightmarefan Member Posts: 65

Funnily enough its not the "weak" killers who I see constantly tunnel at 5 gens it's the strong ones(namely wesker,blight,nurse,etc).

• lifestylee
    lifestylee Member Posts: 261

I'm doing my part.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 349

no.

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 273

I'm sure you do that now as blight with double speed or alc ring