Surviving mains just giving up against Chucky. They want nerfs.

Options
FriendlyKiller
FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

So I got home and decided to give Chuck a try. My build was haunted grounds pentimento plaything and undying. Hardly meta, but the survivors gave up after messing about failing to get sabos and saves. OK fine I get it.

This is on Midwich BTW. After the first survivor was sacrificed and another had afk crows I figured screw it, just leave. I had pizza. It was a Jets all meaty deep dish with turbo crust. And extra cheese.

7 minutes later, no gens done. I am still in this game it's been close to 20 minutes of them refusing to leave. I am afk in basement, they refuse to go.

Development team this has happened before. These are the same teams that were whipping my Artist and Nurse's ass a week ago. The 13th has not hit, there has been no rank reset and I'm gold 2 atm.

Make the killer seem like they overperform upon release. Get them nerfed. Continue to enjoy your easy game. I mean c'mon man Chucky just came out who you think you're going to face, Trapper?

Development team please don't take this obvious bait.

P.S sorry for the long winded message, it took me a while to write. I'm still in this game at the conclusion of writing and editing this post. They must be getting impatient, they're vaulting pallets now. I'm not budging.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337
    Options

I had NO gen perks, save for pentimento with one stack that I activated after they gave up. They could have, and would have gen rushed me into oblivion. If they didn't have an agenda. They threw. And this is like the third time tonight.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I mean, this how it always goes, isn't it?

He's certainly strong, and I can't say all the complaints are invalid, but it's always going to be worse the first few days. Personally, I've always given it a week or two before I try and gauge a killer's balance. I've died more times to him than I've won, but there have also been a few games where I utterly kicked that little #########'s ass.

I'm pretty sure BHVR will give it a week or two, unless someone finds a tech that makes him busted or something.

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 391
    Options

Again, this is how survivors play in 2023. I had a Trapper game yesterday where I caught one survivor in a trap, they suicided on hook, and the rest of the team just ran up to me and gave up.

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 142
    Options

I haven't noticed anyone DC even being tunneled out and that seems to be mostly what they are doing. I have started to see other killers use combos that make them completely undetectable with Friends til the end and that is where I am seeing DCs and hookicides.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,788
    Options

I haven't had anyone give up against him yet. Might be the hex build, they cbf with it? Who knows. But it sounds like it was one team.

• pale_hispanic
    pale_hispanic Member Posts: 149
    Options

purposefully skewing data so the devs can make unnecessary changes is crazy

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,130
    Options

Level 4 of the tome just came out. Generally the first couple of days everyone is trying to do challenges, and if something goes slightly wrong, or they are going against a killer that makes that challenge hard, or they complete the challenge, they just let themselves die so they can do the next one.

Should even out over the next few days.

• Reinami
    edited November 2023
    Options

Well when they keep nerfing perks like STBFL (which is coming) and nerfing trickster from PTB, or chucky from PTB or Xenomorph or all the other nerfs they keep doing while completely ignoring blight and nurse for years at this point. What do you expect?

Post edited by Reinami on
  • Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

But it wasn't just Xeno, it's every good killer that drops, seemingly. It's as predictable as the sunrise.

The theme is people being reactionary babies.

I've only played a few (4 or 5) versus Chucky, and only one was a 4K, and no one DC'ed. I don't think anyone killed themselves on hook. Seems silly, you're not going to learn how to play against him unless you actually play against him.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,175
    Options

I get all the toxic try hard survivors then?

• Reinami
    Options

Because even before the nerf, nurse and blight are still the best killers in the game. Why waste time "fixing" things that are much lower on the pole than the things that are the core problem?

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,324
    Options

I really doubt pain res or pop need a nerf. Especially pop, considering it's the healthiest slowdown perk in the game.

• Reinami
    Options

Not saying it was good or fair or balanced. But nurse and blight are more OP.

• deifi
    deifi Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2023
    Options

Playing against chuckie is like having having to go against OddJob from 007 Golden Eye with a golden gun. Except you get slappers.

• Gastongard
    Gastongard Member Posts: 87
    Options

do you think the last buff it had from 25% to 30% was necessary or justified?

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

Players AFK when they get frustrated. Survivors haven't learned the matchup yet. This happens every time a new killer gets released. I'm not sure that it's some sinister plan to get Chucky nerfed.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

Chucky is the most fun killer to play against since wesker

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

Neither of those last two things happen because BHVR always caves in and gives them what they want.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Argue your point please. Really want to see how Xeno was undeserving of a nerf, I made a whole discussion about it and you might be the first person to have a valid point!

• KittenBee
    KittenBee Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2023
    Options

In my case (I play killer and survivor) I'm sick of playing against Chucky. It's gets tiring going against the same killer back to back and all of them have the same game play style. Survivors aren't asking for nerfs (from what I've seen on forums and pages) we're just tired of the same killer back to back. I get the new killer is fun but when you get 10+ matches of the same character and all of them have a similar playing strategy it gets stale

I will say they could have picked a better type of carrying animation but that's me

*Edit* I haven't seen anyone give up but also people are trying to get challenges out of the way so they will die on second hook to move on to try and get certain challenges out of the way and sometimes killers will make it harder to complete said challenges.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,175
    Options

that's why most killers need buffs so we can see other killers not just same killers.

• KittenBee
    KittenBee Member Posts: 35
    Options

Sometimes I really gotta go to the bathroom and it can't wait lmao or my food in the oven is depending on me not to burn it 🤣 most the time why I let myself go on hook lol other 5% is family stuff

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,826
    Options

They all refused to fix the generators? I don't get it 😕

Why are they not finishing and leaving? How did the match eventually conclude?

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

True, but at the time no one knew it was a glitch. Meanwhile, a lot of discussions were created praising how balanced she was even with the glitch.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    Options

Its only been a day and im getting survivors that seem to have learned the distance you can turn with slice and dice enough to dodge it consistently, I am struggling to get hits on aware survivors when they are not animation locked, which idk if I just cant get used to the third person camera and hitbox, or learning how to mindgame around pallets properly with them, but I am not having the best of times tbh.

The slowed scamper fels like in nearly every loop in the game its a waste of your power, and you'd be better breaking the pallet, by the time I have scampered over the pallet the survivor is close enough to go around the loop again, so again the only value i really geting is the occasins where im right behind a god pallet, its dropped with my power off cooldown.

Which is not only situational, dont take much survivor brain power to just.. not do that which feels the same way with most loops, at 110% if survivors just dont drop pallets you feel like a short impotent lil bastard.

But im sure itll be nerfed regardless.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I've played probably 40-50 or so games against Chucky since he released, I don't find my teammates are giving up. I'm sure one or two probs has, but I can't even think of any specific instances atm where it was super obvious. That award goes to Nurse players.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    Options

That is 100% messing around they arent trying to win just have fun and annoy you a little.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,503
    Options

Me neither.

Only one, where I had 5 hooks and they had no gen done.

• Demodorkin
    Demodorkin Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2023
    Options

As a Survivor main, I'd love the option to NOT get matched with the last killer I just played against (the Killer, not the player). A no-repeat-killer checkbox would be nice.

Granted, I guess Killers could change to whatever they want once we're in the lobby, but it would be a step toward not seeing the same Killer (in this case Chucky) over and over and over.

I'd happily accept the longer matchmaking time on my end.

• awustzdn
    awustzdn Member Posts: 317
    Options

Killers haven't been able to change in lobby for a very long time. Ever since MMR was added.