Save the best for last perk

When will the buff for STBFL happen? Hopefully this perk will be reverted or buffed. It was a very good perk was just hoping it would be buffed soon. :3

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

https://imgur.com/a/G6MBOUY
    The discussion I just had today about STBFL with Horvath[BHVR] if someone is interested.
    They are considering this as a possible rework atm.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Yes. I never ever ever use STBFL or PWYF... both perks aren't good. They just aren't good enough.

I would love a buff to both of these Myers perks. Myers' stuff should be deadly... not weak to mid

• xP3nnyWize
    xP3nnyWize Member Posts: 282

I agree a 100% for these back. When Michael was released those perks were very good, they were actually meta perks too.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Save The Best For Last:
    You become 
    obsessed with one Survivor. Successful and unsuccessful attack cool downs are reduced by 30/40/50%. Attacking your obsession will remove your cool down bonus for 300 seconds and when your obsession dies, you will permanently lose the bonus cool downs.

Give me some constructive feedback not "Ugh that's so stupid!"

• Runiver

@Nickenzie said:
    Save The Best For Last:
    You become obsessed with one Survivor. Successful and unsuccessful attack cool downs are reduced by 30/40/50%. Attacking your obsession will remove your cool down bonus for 300 seconds and when your obsession dies, you will permanently lose the bonus cool downs.

Give me some constructive feedback not "Ugh that's so stupid!"

300s is about half of a round, if not more.
    It's just too much in my opinion.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Runiver said:

300 seconds is about half of a round, if not more.

It wouldn't hurt to decrease the penalty for attacking your obsession to 180 seconds.
  • Runiver

@Nickenzie said:
    Runiver said:

300 seconds is about half of a round, if not more.

It wouldn't hurt to decrease the penalty for attacking your obsession to 180 seconds.

I'd prefer it to just get you stacks when you hit non-obsession, and make you lose your stacks (or a part of it) when you hit your obsession. It would force your obsession to consistently have to put itself on a risk to reduce your stacks.
    180 could be okayish, but would make the perk kinda niche, and would give a lot of bodyblocking power to the obsession.

• xP3nnyWize

Yeah i mean in my opinion i didn't really have a problem with STBFL when it was officially released besides the machine gun build that was ridiculous. But the original STBFL was good in my opinion the way it was, i have never had a problem with that perk playing survivor or killer.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I like it, but I'd reduce the cooldown to losing your stacks to 60 seconds. That's 3/4ths of a generator and seems fine.

• xP3nnyWize

Right

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Runiver said:

The discussion I just had today about STBFL with Horvath[BHVR] if someone is interested.

Why does this perk need to have a token mechanic? Why couldn't it be a flat reduction? It would be a good chase perk, we need more than just the good ol' Enduring.

A ton of killer perks have too much conditions / are too much complex, while survivor's ones are straightforward.

Just take a look at the survivor meta:
    - I can heal myself from injured to healthy
    - I can sprint for a couple of seconds
    - I can restart a chase
    - I can heal myself from downed to injured
    - I can crouch faster

... and so on. Killers need more straight up "buff" perks. It's because they have too much conditions a lot of them aren't taken - the conditions make them situational or hard to use well.
  • Runiver

@Soren said:
    Runiver said:

Why does this perk need to have a token mechanic? Why couldn't it be a flat reduction? It would be a good chase perk, we need more than just the good ol' Enduring.

A ton of killer perks have too much conditions / are too much complex, while survivor's ones are straightforward.

Just take a look at the survivor meta:

• I can heal myself from injured to healthy
    • I can sprint for a couple of seconds
    • I can restart a chase
    • I can heal myself from downed to injured
    • I can crouch faster

... and so on. Killers need more straight up "buff" perks. It's because they have too much conditions a lot of them aren't taken - the conditions make them situational or hard to use well.

This is true, tho the whole point of the conditions are :

• To be able to make the perk to be STRONGER in the end. Making extra reduction if left unchecked for example.
    • In that specific case, the point would be to FORCE the obsession to put itself at a RISK, since the point of being obsession is to have both downsides and bonuses, and atm, it's mostly only bonuses since most perks are involving to let the obsession to LIVE for an extended period of time (to get stacks such as remember me, not to lose the buff like STBFL, to get stacks for PWYF, etc.)

I just want the obsesion to have to get in risky situations, overall.

• TheWorldconsumer
    TheWorldconsumer Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2018

Well, the idea of stacks is nice and all- and making it stack to even higher then it was before is too. But to be honest: I just want me my old STBFL back. It was fine how it was back then and really useful, but now its rather the opposite: let yourself get trolled for at least 20 seconds to get a buff for 5 seconds...... yeah, really great.
    Back then, it was the ultimate weapon against swarming survs- nothing we have today even comes close to this power back then.

• xP3nnyWize

@TheWorldconsumer said:
    Well, the idea of stacks is nice and all- and making it stack to even higher then it was before is too. But to be honest: I just want me my old STBFL back. It was fine how it was back then and really useful, but now its rather the opposite: let yourself get trolled for at least 20 seconds to get a buff for 5 seconds...... yeah, really great.
    Back then, it was the ultimate weapon against swarming survs- nothing we have today even comes close to this power back then.

I completely agree.

• laplace
    laplace Member Posts: 36

Save The Best For Last:

You become obsessed with one Survivor. Successful and unsuccessful attack cool downs are reduced by 30/40/50%. Attacking your obsession will remove your cool down bonus for 300 seconds and when your obsession dies, you will permanently lose the bonus cool downs.

This looks perfect, but if the 300 seconds would be reduced to either 120 or 180, then it would be perfect. Right now this perk is so useless you might as well be playing without it. I really don't know why the devs nerfed this perk in the first place.