Why is there so much hate around Chucky?

2»

Comments

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

In the meantime, I started rewatching the movies.

• BabyShrimp
    BabyShrimp Member Posts: 84

I thought most of the feedback was positive...

Well as someone who isn't a fan of Chucky he just kinda feels like a lot of recycled killer mechanics. He's too short. I was never really a fan of the movies either, they're a little too cringe.

I still welcome Chucky to DBD tho, he's an icon.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 252

I think a lot of it is the Oops all Chucky thing where it’s just match after match against him, kind of like his it was vs Wesker.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Laughable when the best counterplay is erased with the og perk enduring. I play so little DBD anymore because I can't get out of my head how interactive chases used to be. Holding w and leaving the area before killer gets there is just boring gameplay but so very required with much of the new content.

• DeVyre
    DeVyre Member Posts: 27

I think they didn't realize to have released a killer which is only balanced opposed to pro-survivor-mains and not vs average casuals or not sweaty tryharders. He has too many advantages and no real downside for any of them.

It sure is fun, as new player who buy it will have a no-punishing killer for their errors and they could end chases most of the times in less than one minute; if the game goes south, the whole trial will end in less than 10 minutes.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,288

I dont hate Chucky, but man i have seen so many Chucky players camp the hook in stealth, its Wraith over again.

• ShartWizard
    ShartWizard Member Posts: 2

I just think people are burnt out already from only going against him the last few days. Theres been no variety, me personally havent played survivor at all since release cause I dont want to get burnt out.

• ironligma
    ironligma Member Posts: 119

Me personally, I love that he's in the game, however I despise swamp and I've only played against him there. Now that's already miserable for me but then, the bushes are taller than him. I've been told it's the same thing on dead dog.

• DragonsFire_212
    DragonsFire_212 Member Posts: 4

This is spot on and honestly coming from a killer main myself this is the most unfun killer in the game and takes no skill. There’s zero guessing involved.

Pallet up just go through the pallet and hit

Pallet dropped activate power and scamper then hit

Pallet drop on long loop just activate power scamper and charge slice and dice

Strong window activate power and mind game which is easy due to height or vault cause of silent vault then get a hit.

And doing a 180 degree hit on a long wall gym or a 4 land wall is not hard.

It’s terrible design to make a killer that literally has zero counterplay and if the killer is good with him there is nothing you can do.

Also the footprints on tracking this killer are not accurate at all.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Woudnt your argument also apply to Pig, Myers or Ghostface then?

Strange we almost never see complains about those killers. 🤔

No but seriously, the problem with Chucky is of course not his stealth but rather a) his short size and the cunfusing footprints and b) Slize has almost no counterplay.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

In a survey with over 500.000 votes, Blight won "most fun killer".

So much about that statement.

• Donkeybqlls
    Donkeybqlls Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 74

I like Chucky, nothing as fun as doing a quick u-turn around a tree when you hear the yell coming and seeing them hit that tree or just go straight past it.

Also love the attitude, killer's not yo friend yall!

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 635

His small size also contributes to stealth.

His power can be looped if so long as there's a decent object to run around.

Killers you've listed are not so hated because people either had learnt how to play against them or there are killers who are hated more than them.

• blackfox0408_fr_
    blackfox0408_fr_ Member Posts: 79

Personnaly i don't have any problem with the killer himself, he is quite unnerving to play against, and since he is played a lot, i find three games in a row against him tiring, not really annoying (#blight) but tiring more like if you played multiple times against a good wraith / ghostface combined with somewhat of the pressure of an oni in chase ...