The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Any thoughts on what the Decisive strike change will be?

I know it won't be coming out for a couple more months but it's always been my favorite perk, I still use it even today after all the nerfs so I'm excited to see what they do with it.

Anyways what are some good ideas you have for buffs they might give it that won't make it oppressive like it used to be?

Comments

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,965

In my opinion, it should be:

5 seconds stun

Activates when the survivor is downed rather than after leaving the hook

And of course, conspicuous action still aplies

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,082

i think they might buff duration to 80 seconds and maybe make it work in end game.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,385

A reversion to one of its previous versions, hopefully.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,950

they go the extreme route and revert it to very original ds because the anti tunnel version failed or something

• Foempticol
    Foempticol Member Posts: 232

But why would it take 6 months? That doesn't make any sense

• TheGoodGuy
    TheGoodGuy Member Posts: 50
    edited December 2023

I want an animation. Change the perk to compensate the extra second or whatever. I mean Killers cannot see but it be a nice change of pace to see a survivor slip out something from the back pocket and stab a Killer. Instead we just get a sudden and nearly unexplainable cry from the Killer and the survivors drops down and gives a couple t-bags and leaves.

Might as well be the Killer getting a Charlie Horse, for all that we can see.

Anyway, as far as the perk goes. It’s meant for Anti-Tunnel. I’d prefer the Survivor having 10 seconds of Endurance and Killer having a short stun. Recreating the unhook scenario, but just wherever the decisive strike happens instead of at hook. So does Killer eat the endurance hit or wait it out? And can the survivor make it to loop or have team reach him for body block in 10 seconds.

At least this way the Killer doesn’t have to eat a forever stun and have options and mobility and survivors are still benefiting from Endurance and extending the chase.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

Should be reverted back to 5 second stun. Then they should have an incapacitated state for killers where they cant use their powers for a few seconds tbh. To prevent high tier killers to quickly down them again.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

It’s probably getting another rework that will fix the issues on both sides. They explained that it’s not simple number tweaks there reworking both to be better for both sides

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,231

If you really want to punish tunneling then let it work multiple times like OTR does. That in addition to making it a five second stun again.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Because BHVR take forever to do even minor perk changes :p

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited December 2023

The changes could go different directions 🤷‍♂️

• Small buff to stun duration
    • Big buff to deter tunneling once and for all (survivors now only have 3 perk slots to work with, effectively)
    • They rework it to do something else entirely BECAUSE they made its effects basekit (instead of anti-tunnel being locked behind a $5 paywall)

Here's the changes I proposed. It only got hate because it's coming from me. Had anyone else suggested it, the idea would've gotten at least 1 upvote.

DS needs to scale with gen count. (Long stun to punish tunneling at 5 gens. Short stun so it's not a free escape in endgame.) It needs to deactivate if the killer is hooking more than 1 person. And its timer needs to pause while slugged.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

remove skill check

seal killer's power for 10 seconds

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I think the best course of action would be to revert it back to the 5-second stun duration active for 80 seconds. However, the condition is that you must be the most recently hooked survivor, therefore if someone else is hooked and your timer is still active, it automatically deactivates. That way, only killers who are actually tunnelling are punished, and it can’t be weaponised and used to waste fair-play killers’ time. Of course, the usual conspicuous action and end game deactivation rules would apply, too.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

Exactly. Yall know how long it took to announce player cards till release and we still only have 1 currently for both badges and banner. Like. Come on. They move in snail pace

• BUFFDECISIVEPLS
    BUFFDECISIVEPLS Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 67

Hopefully buff the perk back to a 5 second stun and make it activate twice like off the record I’d like end games usage but too many people don’t support the idea I feel like if it deactivated in 16 m of an exit gate or maybe 20 it would work for end game but this perk needs a fat buff to counter this whole tunnel for easy wins situation we have going on.

it’s making survivor just not enjoyable anymore and we need something drastic with this buff

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

Just change it back to a 5 second stun. That's all it needs. Everything else about it is fine.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,277

I wouldn't even go for that, to be honest. STBFL to knock the unhooker, then slap them on the hook they just pulled the tunnel victim off of. It kinda makes carping counter the anti-tunnel.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 694

I think there’s a good chance the current effect becomes basekit (which would be an absolutely terrible idea) and the perk will do something dumb like remove the conspicuous actions limit.

• Firellius

Current as basekit, perk gives it +2 seconds of stun and +10/20/30 seconds of active duration.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

Maybe they'll just delete the skillcheck or make it easier because it serves no purpose but make the perk useless for newbies. Hopefully they revert the stun duration back to 5s.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,155

Duration: Buffed from 60 seconds to 80 seconds.

Stun: (Unchanged.)

New Effect: After stunning the Killer with Decisive Strike, movement speed is increased by 150% for 3 seconds.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

maybe they will remove the skill check.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    edited December 2023

I see where you’re coming from, but is that not that the whole premise of “anti-tunnel”? Is it not better for the unhooker to be chased instead of the person who’s just been unhooked? Camping is a separate issue in itself, but at least in the example you said, doing that multiple survivors are targeted/hooked instead of just one.

Isn’t all this just hyperbole, anyway? At the end of the day, no amount of perks/base kit mechanics can stop tunnelling/camping. Deter and punish killers who do? Yes, but if a killer is that hell bent on getting someone out the game, they will do so by any means necessary.

• Firellius

Is it not better for the unhooker to be chased

Yes, if it actually comes to a chase. Which is an adjacent issue.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045
    • Back to 5 seconds
    • Disables the Killers power for 10 or 15 seconds
    • optional: Let it deactivate in a Locker.

Back to 5 seconds should be clear, 3 seconds is not enough when you spend almost half of the time in the animation. Disabling the Killers power would make sure that a Nurse and Blight cannot just ignore DS like they used to do it when it was popular. But it also does not weaken lower Tier Killers that much, because while a Nurse would instantly blink after the Survivor, a Trapper would not instantly set up a Trap after getting stunned by DS (as an example).

Last part is optional, I never really cared about locker DS. But it can be frustrating for others, so I would not mind it being gone.

• blackfox0408_fr_
    blackfox0408_fr_ Member Posts: 79

I would say that 3 seconds is fine with me, But if it is buffed, it should deactivate if you go into a locker.

Another idea is maybe a buff while the perk is actived, like a speed boost after the activation of the perk, like a sprint burst (IDK).

And i think buffing DS is unessesary, it's power level is already all right in the perk pool, and there is numberous other perks that need attention, I think DS does not NEED a buff, nor a nerf.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited December 2023

I won't be surprise if they make it being cancelled when you get deep wounded.

Jokes aside, number changes would make it earlier to see. I am expecting something bigger. Maybe rework?

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

They would call it with name like Anti-Camp Mechanic. There was no mention for base-kit updates, so no this is not going to happen. It's just gonna be rework for perk.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,396

Back to 5 seconds but also have it automatically apply instead of having to hit the great skill check. Makes it more new user friendly (Switch friendly too tbh).

In return, have it deactivate with conspicuous actions as well as when in a locker (since this seemed to be the main grievance with it).