Should Auras/Scratch Marks have color options?

Options
Dr_Emarald
Dr_Emarald Member Posts: 41
edited December 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Some preset options in settings for colors such as red (default), blue, green, purple, etc. With the ability to insert a Hex-code for any specific's you want.

Upsides:

-Helps with the, quite frankly, lack-luster colorblind accessibility.

-Makes brighter maps, such as borgo, be less of an eye-sore for aura reading perks

-More customization

-Works on both sides

Down-sides:

-Literally none I don't know why this isn't in the game. If anyone can list a reason for "no" feel free.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,794
    Options

I just want this for having everything be a dark green

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,995
    Options

Making them Purple would help me so much, I really struggle with Scratchmarks due to my Colorblindness, I do use the Colorblind settings but they only help so much.

I use to have Filters but people got upset at me over it so I stopped using them.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359
    Options

YES YES YES YES YES. I'm so done with coldwind existing. Let me use blue or green auras or something so I can actually see on that map. It'd be even better if I can change gen auras too, so I could actually see a survivor working on it without squinting.

• Dr_Emarald
    Options

If people are yelling at you for using ACCESSBILITY options, you really shouldn't be listening to them.

Filters are fine, and the "advantage" they give is so lack-luster it doesn't matter. I use them to make aura's Blue and to make any video's/live-streams I make actually watch-able. OBS naturally dims games down.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    edited December 2023
    Options

It's hard to see a survivor's aura behind gen, not gonna lie. (almost the same red color)

As for Scratchies, I don't think it's gonna help, considering how chaotic and spread out they are currently.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,414
    Options

For aura's and scratches, I see no reason why not. They're supposed to stand out, after all.

• Dr_Emarald
    Options

Trust me, ask people who suffer from color-blindness. It helps more than you think

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

A good idea tbh. Id quite like to follow blue ones. I imagine it would be super helpful with people with impaired vision such as colour blindness.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,622
    Options

Why should people get upset about Filters? If you are not streaming, nobody will see it anyway that you are using Filters. I mean, there has been a small outcry about filters recently, but the person who was causing that is known for stuff like this, but other than that, Filters are usually fine.

And IMO as long as they either are used to make the game actually look better or for accessibility....

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

I don't think it's a super great idea, because you need somehow correspond it with perks description.

But what I want is more distinguishable overlapping auras. Like red survivor in front of red gen (BBQ). Or yellow teammate behind yellow gen or pallet (WoO + Kindred / Bond).

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,542
    Options

YES

often suggested and literally no reason against it.

well it would be annoying to select different colors for different maps (like.. EVERYBODY would need to change the red auras/scratchmarks on Borgo…) - so maybe even with adjustments for every realm? May I dream?

though I fear the specialized dev on the design team for Accessibility that they mentioned in one of their streams earlier this year was actually the one that designed the visual heartbeat - and left Behaviour shortly afterwards. So that might be a reason why accessibility stuff may have slowed down right now? I hope not..

• Dr_Emarald
    Options

Why would the perk descriptions need to be changed? As far as I'm aware, every single perk and addon that shows aura's only says the word "Aura" or "Aura's." No mention of color.

• Dr_Emarald
    Options

I believe they slowed down to work on the FOV slider as the next accessibility addition. After that there's only color-blindness and killer specific issues.

Such as Dredge's nightfall screams, clowns over-lay, etc.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,542
    Options

Eh. They have just scratched the surface when we wanna talk about what’s possible to adjust for accessibility. Of course they don’t have to do everything and they really shouldn’t as some things are too specific and branch too far out of the intended game design. But there is more that just color-blindness and killer specific issues..

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 671
    Options

Try to see the aura of anything on Coldwind Farm challenge. Blindness status effect basekit on that map.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013
    Options

Isn't that the purpose of the colour blind mode? Fairly certain you can get a pinkish looking scratch marks by using one of the settings.

• Dr_Emarald
    Options

The colorblind mode is very lack-luster, and doesn't help 95% of those with colorblindness.

Also I want to make my aura's Blue

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,363
    Options

I would like that aura perks have some different colours in general.

All gen perks are yellow or white. So some perk combos don´t really work well together because you can´t see a difference.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,063
    edited December 2023
    Options

I think they are fine.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,096
    edited December 2023
    Options

Not really, but it would make for a decent buff to the perk Predator.

Predator - Scratch marks are shown in yellow and spread out slower. The scratch marks of the survivor with the total most time in chase are shown in red.

(By spreading out slower, instead of rectangular-shaped trails behind survivors, it would be cone-shaped trails pointing toward the survivors. This lets killers STILL see scratch marks from afar, unlike the current version of Predator, while still keeping the scratch marks tight when chasing the survivor. The colors help discern scratch marks from multiple survivors.)

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

Blast Mine, Lucky Star, Surveillance, Trail of torment, etc. There are lots of "colored" perks. Maybe addons too.