This game isn't designed for console and controllers

Options
atlasworldcarrier
atlasworldcarrier Member Posts: 19
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

BHVR didn't design this game with console in mind. I'm seriously starting to regret to own this game on my console devices.

Reasons:

1. Killer powers
  2. Optimization
  3. Loading times
  4. Lag
  5. Button layout/mapping/inputs/commands

I suggest to anyone who owns a console and controller not to buy this game to keep your mind and body healthy. If you have a PC or laptop and use a keyboard & mouse, buy this game and play it on that device if you want to have a good time.

Comments

• sheendazzling
    sheendazzling Member Posts: 41
    Options

I always believed that this game is played mostly by console players than PC. The sad truth is that you're right and after 7 years with no change in sight, I have little to 0 hope for any improvements made to console.

• moulesfrites
    moulesfrites Member Posts: 84
    Options

You should try to play dead by daylight on the Nintendo Switch I swear on my mom you will ask for a refund ASAP.

It still boggles my mind they keep selling this game on the switch it's crazy this shouldn't be allowed. The developers from mortal kombat 1 had major backlash for releasing it on switch and a few weeks later they released an update and fixed most of the major issues.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,763
    edited December 2023
    Options

well yeah it technically wasn’t

The game wasn’t ported to console until the summer of 2017 I think

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Asking for optimizations isn't being entitled. Consoles require controllers to play on, I don't know why you mentioned them both as if they are different gaming platforms. I play with a controller on my PC and I've made killers cry that I'm apparently cheating so I don't really know what you mean by casual couch gaming.

• XshyguyX
    XshyguyX Applicant Posts: 107
    Options

Pc player. I play mouse and keyboard with killer. Controller with survivor.

First 3 years I played ps4. Last few years pc. Pc is better by far with response times.

• fabian122
    fabian122 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Its not a mystery that bhvr treat console gamers like a second class players. Dbd relase on console in 2017 and what they done to us? Old gens still suffer because of bad framerate, btw relasing this game on switch on current state its should be consider as a scam. 30% of the killers on consoles are unplayable and still there is no mk support or proper controller settings to make those killers playable and close the gap between pc and consoles. A lot of players, including myself would like to jump to pc but of course theres no cross progression and peoples dont want to lose everything and start from begining. I bought this game in 2017 on xbox, spend 4,3k hours but i left two months ago, i payed for the game full price when it was relased, i payed for a lot of dlcs and still bhvr doesnt give a damn about console players. Im still going to following bhvr social media with a hope that they will finally fix the console version,otherwise theres is just no point to come back to this game.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Yeah despite the game originally being for console it has some terrible customization for controllers. The amount of times I've seen someone spam the button to drop pallets or vault windows but either get spam locked in a heal animation or vacuumed to a locker nearby is probably somewhere in the 4 digits at this point. The fact that you can't remap the enter locker/heal button from the vault one is baffling.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,094
    Options

Welcome to roach class, baby 😎

• pale_hispanic
    pale_hispanic Member Posts: 149
    Options

The devs are stretched too thin with new content and reworks that console optimization is always left on the back burner. I remember when the Nemesis chapter released and your screen would randomly freeze mid-game every few minutes. It took them literal months to fix it.

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 337
    edited December 2023
    Options

Doing normal stuff on PC: 👀

Trying to do the normal PC stuff on Console: 😰