The poor hag is so nerfed by "wipe"

Options
luvcraft
luvcraft Member Posts: 1,230
edited December 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

A While ago they got rid of flashlight interactions with killer powers, so you could no longer make the wraith visible with the flashlight, or destroy hag traps with the flashlight. This was a buff for the wraith, because they didn't replace it with anything, but a big nerf for hag, because they replaced it with a wipe mechanic.

You could always avoid triggering hag traps by crouch walking, but now you also get a prompt to "wipe" the trap, which gets rid of it permanently, and is faster than disarming a bear trap or closing a demo portal.

And there's no counterplay.

Fortunately, so far when I've played as hag most of the survivors haven't known about wipe, but last time I played against hag I totally wrecked her by constantly wiping traps. She did the things I usually do; trapping hooked survivors and trapping the gates at the end, but by crouch walking through them I could wipe them all, and even when there were ones I couldn't see I could crouch walk where I thought they might be and stop every few feet and it would give me the prompt to wipe as long as the trap was within about a meter.

At the very least, hag now needs a bunch of her add-ons changed to deal with wiping (e.g. loud noise notification when someone starts wiping, show a survivors aura after they wipe, gain haste when a trap is wiped, etc.).

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments