Tome 17 - Level 4 - BACK-TO-BACK challange impossible done bug.

Options

I finished the 3 consecutive Great result skill checks 3/3 yellow done feedback ingame, but after the endgame "not completed".

32 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• Leidenschaft90
    Leidenschaft90 Member Posts: 67
    Options

Same problem here. Did it with Technican, Stake Out, Hyperfocus, Scavenger plus Commodius Toolbox. In the match the skill checks counted (I did it in two matches) but after the match the quest didn't count as finished.

• Rastabooze
    Rastabooze Member Posts: 133
    Options

it doesnt matter which perks you use. You finish it with Tecnician and after the game it´s not completed

• BentTorpedoes
    BentTorpedoes Member Posts: 29
    Options

also if you hit a good skill check instead of a great one it reverts your progress on the challenge

• Druzzt
    Druzzt Member Posts: 25
    Options

It says 3 consecutive - so 3 in a row - so the reset is fine.

Anyways I had the same issue twice now - ingame done - aftermatch not done anymore.

I will try to stop repairing gens once I have the 3 consecutive great skillchecks (which is mean to my teammates, but hey - and will report back if that lets you do it.

• Druzzt
    Options

After doing only great skillchecks in a match and escaping, I got it completed.

Probably having the 3 great skillchecks as the last action on gens will get you the success message in the aftergame.

• Avocadohead29
    Avocadohead29 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yeah I’ve done it three times now (took me ages) and it’s never counted once back in the lobby. So frustrating and a waste of time :(

• Caffeine
    Caffeine Member Posts: 83
    Options

Just happened to me as well.

Got the 3/3 complete - it flashed that the challenge was completed.

Finished the match - back to 0.

With the amount of tunneling Chuckys tonight, I just wanted to get this challenge over with so I can go back to playing killer and complete the last page... Sad to hear that it's broken.

I got all 3 done on my first generator, and then was killed - didn't get to touch another gen. So that rules out completing/touching other gens revoking the 3/3 skill checks.

• symmetrik
    symmetrik Member Posts: 2
    Options

Had the same issue. Tried twice and both times it reverted after the game. One game I "escaped" by virtue of the killed D/Cing, and the other I got sacrificed but neither counted. After the first time I thought it was because of the D/C that game didn't count, but the next one failed too.

I don't know if there's missing requirements from the description, if any non-great skill checks before/after are cancelling it out, or what.

• symmetrik
    symmetrik Member Posts: 2
    Options

Were you playing as Feng Min when you did it? My 2 guesses are that good skill checks after completion are breaking it, or that there's a bug and the challenge thinks you need to be playing as Feng Min (like prior challenges in her storyline)

• Reaper102388
    Reaper102388 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same to report, three different games and still marked incomplete

• TheFragile
    TheFragile Member Posts: 51
    Options

Samer here. It said completed during in game But in the post score it was not completed.

• CountDrunku
    CountDrunku Member Posts: 8
    Options

Same here. I completed it with Dwight in game, three times, died everytime. Did not have it completed after games :/

I did work on other gens.

Trying now with Feng.

• conrudy24
    conrudy24 Member Posts: 18
    Options

I got 3/3 with Feng for this challenge and still didn’t get it (0/1 in end screen) so it’s not that you need to play as Feng

• CountDrunku
    CountDrunku Member Posts: 8
    Options

You have to do it with Feng. I did it, immediately stopped working on gens. I ended up dying but completed it.

I used a toolbox (ran out), worked on multiple gens, reset several times, went down and hooked twice before completing it in a row.

Perks were technician, this is not happening, deja vu, and alert.

Hope this helps!

• Blackoozeman
    Blackoozeman Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same thing here. Its super frustrating :(

• brizzyne
    brizzyne Member Posts: 8
    Options

You do not need to be on Feng to complete it. I completed it as Kate but you can't get any non great skill checks after it says "complete" or it apparently still resets but never gives more feedback on the status. So the bug is that even though it says complete it is resetting on non great skill checks.

• Druzzt
    Options

No,. I played as Nea when I got the achievement (and as Nea as I didn't get it as well).

• Phijo
    Phijo Member Posts: 7
    Options

Same issue, did it twice with in-game progress confirmation but when the game ended I did not get credit for completing it.

• Rawulf_HUN
    Rawulf_HUN Member Posts: 4
    Options

As i read others' comments, maybe the reverting (bad or only good skill checks meanwhile repair) method doesn't stop after the survivor finish the 3/3 consecutive great skill checks. I want to tickling the programmer of this challange! xD

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 568
    Options

Came here to say that I did this tome challange multiple time and it dosen't work.

• BugReporterOnly
    BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 370
    Options

Not sure if my original reply was posted if so disregard. It happened to me once the next match doing it on one gen with Stake Out got it but I did die right afterwards so it can be broken that any good skill check afterwards breaks the progress.

• Pubes420
    Pubes420 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Having the same issue

• RedAgent562
    RedAgent562 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I am getting the same issue. I completed 3 in a row in a match with Technican as Feng Min, and I escaped the trial, but it did not count towards completion. I even have gameplay footage of this that I can link in YouTube if that helps.

• Bofi
    Bofi Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

It's bugged. Yep.

HOW TO DO IT!

You have to complete 3 in a row. Then don't work with gens anymore:D

Let man kill u or try to survive, it doesn't matter, but don't take the gen anymore))

• thebequh
    thebequh Member Posts: 25
    Options

I came here to say that I complete the challenge, and then it doesn't acknowledge that it's completed if I die, but nowhere in the description does it require escaping if it should.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Okay, I did a bit of experimenting.

The last three skill checks of the game count. If you hop on a generator, get 3 great skill checks and throw yourself at the killer, it will count.

You don't have to play as Feng, I did it as Thalita and I got it.

You don't have to survive, I got it when I died on hook.

• Xyex
    Xyex Member Posts: 140
    Options

It's not Feng. You can't get any missed or good skill checks after completing it or it resets. Your 3 greats have to be the last repair checks you do.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

Same issue. Tried removing/re-adding the tome entry, restarting the game client, doing another tome entry then coming back, nothing works. Every time I get all three done in-trial, but no completion once the trial's over.

• Eareland
    Eareland Member Posts: 236
    Options

This is true. I did only 3 Great Skill checks on generator during trial, so anyone who struggles, follow this method. It's guaranteed to work 100%.

• Xyex
    Options

You have to stop doing gens once you get your greats. You can either go have the Killer kill you or just spend the match doing bones, heals, and unhooks. Either way, don't do gens as any none great repair checks even after completion will reset the challenge.

• psybombscorpion
    psybombscorpion Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options

THIS STILL NEEDS TO BE FIXED so progress toward completion of the challenge doesn't go backwards after doing said 3 consecutive skill-checks.

But for those who are still trying to complete it while the bug is unfixed, can confirm: Doing the Generator, getting the 3 great checks and then not working on gens anymore will work. You'll have to give up on a game and be a bad teammate but at least you can still finish the challenge this way.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

Thanks, I was able to get it done this way. Sucks that you have to throw the game to complete it, though. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

Using Stake Out, Hyperfocus, and Technician made it easy once I found out it was bugged. Just let my team finish the last half of then gen so I wouldn't lose progress.

• MadameExotine
    MadameExotine Member Posts: 177
    Options

Best work around with the current bug is to bring Stake-Out (with Technician of-course), and a toolbox with the Instruction add-on (suppresses skill checks) and extra charges.

Play the game as you usually would. Build at least 3 stacks on Stake-Out (if you lose a stack, make sure to build it back up to 3). Once you're on last gen (or second last gen), spend the 3 stake outs on gen. As soon as you do the 3rd great skill check, switch to your toolbox (which suppresses skill checks). If you run out of charges, then find killer and get in chase while others do gens.

As long as the LAST 3 skill checks you do on a gen are Great you'll get this challenge. Otherwise, If you hit a good skill check or fail one after the 3, it resets back to 0, and you have to get another 3 consecutive greats again (even if challenge progress bar shows it to have been completed)

• MauriceMaverick
    MauriceMaverick Member Posts: 275
    Options

I had the same problem BUT then i tried using only technican AND the perk stake out and it worked.

• ItsDigDuck
    ItsDigDuck Member Posts: 43
    Options

Well if it takes them the same amount of time to fix this as they did the locker achievements after dredge was released, we can expect this challenge to be fixed in 4-6 months.

• konman719
    konman719 Member Posts: 6
    Options

came here to say the same thing. I completed 3 times on 2 separate characters after resetting my game and unselecting and reselecting the challenge. I hate this challenge and want it to be gone. Playing on PS4

• Xyex
    Options

We actually had a 4 man out in the game I did it, and I popped my greats extremely early. Before any gens were done. I just spent the game trying to take agro so the others could do gens, and being the team medic with Botany and We'll Make It.

'course, YMMV with that tactic depending on how good your Killer is.

• GatoParalitico
    GatoParalitico Member Posts: 1
    Options

Two patches since this bug was reported and still no dice

had to do it by not touching a gen once completing the mission, but this is ridiculous

but what are we going to do, this is the BHVR i've known since 2017

• jorghe88
    jorghe88 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Can confirm the bug. In another thread I found a workaround that for me worked: after getting the 3 great skill check, don't touch any generator. Just distract the killer or suicide, but don't trigger another generator skill check. That worked for me first try.

• BonStede
    BonStede Member Posts: 5
    Options

Same! Now try the tips......................

• BonStede
    BonStede Member Posts: 5
    Options

I now played it with Feng Min and when I reached the three skill checks in a row, I stopped repairing generators (as described here). Although this is not team friendly! - But that's how it worked out.

Thanks for this tip!!! <3