Tell me, why doesn't Leatherface, Freddy, Pig, Huntress, Wraith & Plague have their own music?

Options
sheendazzling
sheendazzling Member Posts: 41
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

Yes, I know Freddy and Huntress has their own lullaby but they don't have their own lobby, chase or terror music. I guess we all agree Trapper and maybe Wraith should have the default music?

Post edited by sheendazzling on

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,460
    Options

Because when they were added to the game unique chase music wasn’t part of the deal and everyone (except Myers I guess) had the default music and they haven’t come around to create/add music for these killers.

As for the licensed ones, it might additionally be due to the licensing in general as it would need new negotiations and stuff. (It is very weird that Saw got their own rift but still didn’t get chase music for pig).

Also they wanted to only add music when they made changes to the specific killer. And just general stuff they simultaneously work on, new killers etc and they can’t just create this in bulk for everyone at once.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,720
    Options

There are 6 default chase music

I think they should just give each music to the remaining killers and make it exclusive for them

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

In Pig's case it really just comes down to Charlie Clouser being willing to license out Hello Zepp seemingly. It seems like while the rights holders of the films love working with BHVR they don't have the say on whether or not the music can be used. That's my guess anyway.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,367
    Options

Does it have to Hello Zepp specifically, though? I dunno why an original composition with similar instrumentation wouldn't do it. AFAIK we don't have a single track that's straight-up lifted from the source. ST's menu thing comes very close, but still is an original.

• sheendazzling
    sheendazzling Member Posts: 41
    Options

It's almost 8 years can't we just accept that old chapters shouldn't be ignored?

Why? You say killers can't be unique? The music also tells survivors who the killer is through sound now it's like "Oh this killer is the same music as plague! Is it a trapper or pig?"

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,460
    Options

uhm.. most old chapters have gotten updates though?

Noes feels ignored but that’s only due to the license holder being strict as far as we know.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,720
    Options

But my suggestion is to make the killer have a unique chase music, just one of the default ones

If every killer receives a new chase music, what happens to these 6 tracks them? I love these tracks, I still want to listen to them ingame

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,081
    edited December 2023
    Options

Killers having unique themes from top-to-bottom wasn't something they focused on too heavily until the past few years, so lots of older characters are still waiting. If I worked at BHVR, I'd design a full theme for each of those killers on my lunch break. Already did one for Pig in my ongoing theme series.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

Myers has the music from the actual films, but altered to better fit the composition structure of a DBD chase track it seems. An original composition can work, but Hello Zepp is what everyone knows and wants as it is the iconic track of the Saw Franchise. Wesker and Nemesis got completely original tracks that are unique to DBD as the themes related to them don't necessarily fit well with this game which is a good call. Honestly, it's that way for every licensed killer save for Freddy, Leatherface, Pig, and Myers.

Freddy's probably just forever boned due to being based on the remake which has very little to no memorable music. TCM as a franchise isn't super known for it's music especially with the first film being actually purposely light on scoring. Myers has his music and even had a bit more of it, but I think some parts got swapped out over time. While it never has to be Hello Zepp it is preferred and I'm going to be very blunt and say that for me personally I do not trust the current direction of music department anymore.

The last few themes, from the killer side perspective, have been varying degrees of awful. I haven't had a chance to listen to Chucky's yet to see if things have improved. Xeno, Merchant, and Singularity were by far some of biggest misses with music imo. Xeno's did get better, but it still isn't as good as it could be while Merchant's kinda got worse. All this is to say if the license is obtainable and it makes sense cost wise I would much rather that they get it. If it isn't then using the default themes are fine cause they are actually pretty good.

• イエローミント
    Options

I remember that Plague has lobby music. It's slow-paced music. I like it.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 638
    Options

Nope! Bubba must have Default Chase #3 at all times. I never want Bubba to not have that theme sometimes.

It’s literally the Bubba/Tunnel theme.

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 487
    Options

It is insulting that pig does not have her own. We should be given one as compensation for the nerfs. I really like yours. I think yours or the one in the climax of Saw 3 since it is when Amanda entered the realm. Good job though.

• moulesfrites
    moulesfrites Member Posts: 84
    Options

There is no more money to be made with the past chapters so they're solely focusing on the new chapters.