Bad Killers

I just wanted to say I think it’s so annoying how all I see on the forums and in the devs Instagram comments are about how bad a killer is which makes no sense at all because the killer is a computer you’re the one controlling them so no the killer isn’t bad you’re just bad 😂 if you think Legions power sucks no it doesn’t suck you just don’t use it effectively, i actually Main Legion I use Susie I usually get either 3 or 4K most of the time. A lot of people say “Freddy is the worst killer make him stronger” uhm no sis you’re the worst player and he’s too challenging to play for you so you complain to the devs so you can pull a fast one and get their power stronger so you can get kills easier because you suck

Comments

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

It's not exactly that black and white, a Killer can be weak at his Base while also being used well. Just because you can play a Killer well doesn't mean they are strong, Some people can 4k with Freddy but that doesn't make him a strong killer. There's no doubt he's a very weak Killer.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,036

So you complain about bad Players and main the most braindead and easiest Killer in the game?

Ok.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited March 2019

I kill only with the sight when playing Freddy.

Most people are trash using him.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
  • NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

That's now how it works.

It's not a matter on how bad or good a killer is, it's all about how much pressure one killer can make against different variation of survivors.

Does your killer creates pressure against any type of survivor? The killer is then considered good.

Does your killer creates pressure against good survivors but with requirements of good addons and mindgames? The killer is then considered niche but decent.

Does your killer creates pressure ONLY against not experienced survivors? Then the killer is considered NOT good enough.

As it is now, the game completely depends on how good survivors are to enstablish if a killer is good or not.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

If I play a killer without add ons and don't get 4k, that's a bad killer and needs to be buffed. I'm rank 1. Therefore, if I'm not better than 99% of the playerbase, it's because I'm handicapped playing a weak killer.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@ColgateAdvancedWhite You think only 1% of the community is rank 1?

• thekatedenson
    thekatedenson Member Posts: 30

@ColgateAdvancedWhite no that doesn’t mean he needs to be buffed, there are people who don’t NEED add ons or hell even perks again it’s just how well YOU play as the killer itself and using their power effectively end of story

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

The balance has been shifted to the point where being one of the worst killers doesn't really matter much anymore because there's not much difference between the worst killer and an upper mid-tier killer. There's still a massive gulf for the top killers like Nurse and Hillbilly, but there really isn't much difference in power between Freddy and say, Myers these days. The balance is much closer now. We're at the point where Decisive Strike is almost gone unless you tunnel people right off the hook.

• thekatedenson
    thekatedenson Member Posts: 30

@NurseMainBTW that makes no sense at all. The Nurse puts no pressure on me at all, hell none of the killers do. If that’s the case than all killers In dbd are bad because they don’t put pressure on me. Yeah, certain perks put pressure on survivors and honestly it’s all optionated maybe when Survivors start falling asleep or hear the la la las they start getting worried but again that’s just those people you can’t label a killer as “bad” and ask for them to have a stronger power because it doesn’t need it, like I said some people are amazing when using dream demon, just because it doesn’t work well for YOU doesn’t mean the killer should be changed overall. Just get better at it and practice with freddy and you’ll get better.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited March 2019

Magikarp isn't a bad Pokemon. You just don't know how to use it cuz it's just a computer that you control.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I like Freddy, he's the one who got me to rank 1, been my main for the longest time 😐️

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@thekatedenson In all seriousness, you should get to highranks and play Freddy against strong groups for a while. It will change your view on things.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@thekatedenson

I expect you actually to know better, but you are just posting this to further an agenda, but...

the right metaphor for this would be: A good craftsman can still do his work with bad tools, but he could do much better with better tools.

Can I put a nail in a wall with a shovel? Yes.

Would I prefer a hammer? Heck yea.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Let me introduce you Zubat's omegablink nurse. Don't worry the match just lasts 3 minutes. 2.47.24

No you are wrong, every killer is not the same, there are boosted killers, good and balanced killers, eh killers and bad killers. Nothing to do with the player.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

For Freddy, try running perks like Overcharge and putting more effort on map pressure than chases. Throw on pill bottle and each dream transition is almost a free hit. Add sloppy and the new Thana and you actually have a pretty good build for stalling the hell out of the game if you play into it. for the last perk you can either go with something anti-loop like bamboozle, or discordance to help prioritize areas of the map where there are multiple survivors.

For legion, spreading wounds doesn't just mean chaining frenzy constantly. Time survivors spend mending is time they're not spending on gens, and if they actually heal, it gets even worse for them in terms of time lost. He was actually able to use thana to a decent degree before, but the thana-sloppy combo on him is going to be even more viable on him both for tracking and slowing down the game.

For both of them especially, you just have to switch back and forth between map pressure and chases.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

I mean... Who cant get a 3-4k when facing potatoes in rank 1 who belong to rank 10?

Go face a good team of solo survivors that actually belong to rank 1 and tell me how you get your 3-4k as Freddy or Legion.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited March 2019

Any idiot can 4 k in 3 mins as omegablink nurse with bbq calm down