Why?

Options

Hey guys. Can anyone of the killer mains explains me WHY THE HELL THE MOST KILLER JUST CAMP NOWADAYS? It is really really annoying. It is like every killer does it now. I also play killer and can tell it is possible WITHOUT ANY CAMPING OR TUNNELING to get all survivors. Everyone who says different is just not a good killer whatsoever.

Sry for my rant but really it is like they can not deal with the fact they are simply get no one without camping. It is disgusting and there should be some more consequences for camping especially cause it is hella annoying that almost every killer has to do such stuff to even get anything done. It should be forbidden for killers if you ask me.

Cause look if you camp on a hooked survivor no matter which healthstate the helping survivor is it is the next person which lands on that hook where the rescued survivor was before. Because the first hit get a healthy survivor hurt and ends the rescue. So the survivor has to do it again and in that time the killer can recover. That is so stupid to be honest. So what is even the point of rescue someone with a camperkiller? There is no point. Cause it will be just not possible to help someone without get hooked afterwards. Also camping most of the times come along with tunneling and slugging. So not even did the killer camp the hell out of the survivors, no he slug you when you want to help and goes after the just rescued survivor. Sry to say that but these players should have some punishment for such playstyle. Cause if there is someone camping and tunneling, there is just simply nothing you can really do against it. Sure sometimes there are these who does this, who are crappy at that. But I saw a lot of highrank killers who does it. So these absolutly knew how to do it and that is simply not right.

Look I get it that there are sure also a lot of annoying survivors, but for real that does not excuse such a behaviour at all. SO STOP IT! It is disgusting and destroy the fun of the game. It is just nothing to be proud of, cause it only means killer who rely on such playstyle are simply very bad in playing normal. I saw a lot of normal killers, these who do not play like that and that is much more fun and exciting than these, I have to call it like this, fools who are nowhere near the based killers. And it also is more fair. Sometimes we as survivors win against a based killer and sometimes the killer does. It is up to WHO ACTUALLY HAS THE BETTER SKILL. AND NO CAMPING, TUNNELING AND SLUGGING ARE NO SKILLS WHATSOEVER, IT IS THE ABSENCE OF SKILL.

And everyone who now think OH BUT I DO TUNNELING AND IT IS OKAY CAUSE I DO IT NOT EVERYTIME AND SOMETIMES I NEED TO TUNNEL. Let me tell you this YOU DO NOT! Cause you can absolutley dominate the survivors without any of it. Everyone who say otherwise is just not good at it. There is simply no reason for tunneling at all. (Even when you have a bully squad)

Okay I just wanted to say it because it become a lot since the flashlights are gone. Nearly every killer let out his inner psycho and use these playstyles all the time. And I am very mad now.

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

I blame the new prestige system for that.

Going to P3 was a fun little goal, but all the way to P100? Unnecessary.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,330
    edited December 2023
    Options

It would be the same, if there was no P100. It could be different, if there was an actual reward for it, though. But maybe that's just wishful thinking. It's more that we have quite the inflation when it comes to purchasables in the bloodweb. The decreased grind was a good thing overall but this is sadly also one of the consequences.

Reaching P100 is a nice to have but honestly, you get that eventually and then it's just kind of there. Like you haven't really anything to show for it. You don't suddenly become a comp level player and you have nothing to gain from it. If there were some special cosmetics or anything like that, it could mean that players actually would try to get more characters to P100.

• SirXenomorph
    SirXenomorph Member Posts: 103
    Options

Yea it can be difficult that is true. I do my gens as survivor and do my stuff and I do try to make it a bit difficult for the killer as well, but if the killer is good that wont work.

I played rounds where it worked out to survive and do not play anything mean as survivor and these where it did not work. It is up to the skill of the killer.

Otherwise is it as a killer absolutley possible to be good without rely on these stuff. I played many killer rounds now and when I really want to get them all I do get them all. And all that without camping, tunneling or slugging. That proves it to me that it is possible. Sure there will be rounds where that will be difficult but yet not impossible. And I got around 36k bloodpoints out of my rounds no matter if I let them alive or get them all. So it is also no reason that it will bring much more bloodpoints.

Yea it sure can be crazy with the gens. But if it is like that just do not go out for this really bad behaviour of camping and stuff. It just can not all rounds be good. My very first killer round was a bloody hell. I played against a bully squad so I do know what it is like to play against that. But yet that is no reason for me to start playing like a noob XD cause it is nothing other than noobskills. That is nowhere effective, it is just skillless.

And also sure 3 Gens can be done really quick, what it just makes a bit more difficult for survivors to find other Gens. And most of them then need to work together on one. which made it easier to find them on the one they work on. Sure it is not easy and I got a round where they had only one Gen left but I got 3 of them in that time and the last at the gate, cause I closed the hatch in that round. A thing I also do almost never if not a mission, cause I do like to give the survivors a fair chance. Even if they maybe fool me around.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

It is not. I been even more effective by doing none of it. So search for a better reason. I do not need to use that to get all 4 if I really want to. So no it is not effective it is just the prove, that you will be a sore loser cause you can not play fair.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,927
    Options

no viability to win without tunneling and opportunistic camping.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

There is a reason why camping on a hooked lead to an update to prevent that. So if you say oh yea so we just camp in another way now, cause it is more effective means, you will give enough reason to the devs to maybe someday do much more updates to prevent killers from these kind of behaviour. So it is just downright a bad thing. And sure you can do it. Feel free too. But that show me, that you are just rely on that cause it is not possible for you to play without it.

I do know that killers which are good at loop breaking are in an advantage, but I also play killers which are not good at it and do manage to get it done without that. SO NO IT IS NOT EFFECTIVE. It is just an excuse you made. Sry to say that and sure you can have that opinion. That is what a free will give you. But I do not agree with your opinion on that, cause I have first hand prove that it is nowhere effective.

Cause think it just through yeah just imagine 3 Gens are already gone and you gonna sweat cause you did not get one sacrificed or even on the hook. So you decide to slug and camp or hook and camp a survivor. All the others see that you camp. And only the really altruistic survivors will come help. So effectively you as a camper change the playstyle of the survivors to just do not care about the one that is hooked, cause you camp there. Not yet but it will be like that if all of these camper killers do not stop that already. The survivors just decide to let him hang till they have done the other Gens. You are not effective you are the exact opposite. Cause all the time you waste for camping is a lost hunt a lost hit a lost survivor you might could get. And not only that the 2 Gens left would been rushed too. That is not effective in my eyes.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

idk, it's actually really boring. I'd rather be tunneled 20 games in a row than have to get proxy'd by another huntress.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

I never said it does not work. I say it is just a bad way to play, only cause you are not able to do it properly makes it not good to play like that. And again if I as a beginner can do it so why can you not? If a killer is convinced that the time he has left is not enough to get them here is a nice trick maybe instead of become more toxic in your playstyle cause for me it is pure toxic. Just try to go to the survivors and show them you are kinda nice. I can tell you most will be surprised and let you get some points by hang them two times or stuff.

But no the only stuff you guys can think of is become outright bad and mean. That also should be something to think about huh?

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Exactly. It does not give you any improvement whatsoever. Do not get me wrong it can be really really difficult as a killer. But to begin to rely on that stuff shows you just want an easy way out. And yeah maybe some rounds will be a lose. What is the deal. Learn from it and try to improve, so that next time it will be another ending right?

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Yea with the part that most do care more of winning than play, not so much nice, but fair. It is just a rant I made. I do not see anything good in play like that. Sure you will get them maybe all, but you do not improve yourself in any way and just are a sore loser then if you do not accept that you just lost that round. It is just that.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Haha yea I totally agree. I had a lot of them a few days ago, and not just a round or so no multiple rounds in a row. They totally destroyed the whole team. We did not have any chance to get any survivor done. And yea. It is just too much. The times I had just a skilled killer who get us because he was good and did not used that stuff I can count on one hand. (I spare out the nice killers here)

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Yea that is a problem I agree. I also thought about that that especially these who do not care about it and just want to be bad as hell did that. But it is still hella annoying

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Look I get you. But I do not agree. When I as a beginner can manage to play fair you can do too. If you lose that much it sure can become a bit demoralizing. But if you start with it what will it give to you? Are you really think that it is better to do it like that then? If so I do not blame you for your decision, even I do not agree with that. If I see they are not to get and rush Gens so what? I am just not able to get them then. Or at least not all of them. It is okay. Maybe it just come down to your own principles. I for myself have decide never to do such thing. And that is just me. I do not say you have to do the same.

I just ranted with my post over there, that I think it is too much if almost every killer does that for no real reason. But it is not effective not efficent or whatever it simply is not. It is just lazy.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

If I get it right that is a funny answer. And I can apply that on the killers who rely on such stuff every time XD

• SirXenomorph
    Options

You mean a sniper huntress? These who aim so good the aim goes through a corner? XD

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,503
    Options
  • deifi
    deifi Member Posts: 50
    Options

You know what would make this game way better - choosing to play against a human killer or a bot killer. Killers of course can choose to play against bots or humans as well.

If my hypothesis is correct, the killers need human survivors more than the survivors need human killers.

Balance the game Behavior.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

Can't tell if your joking. I mean a huntress who stands 20ft from the hook holding a hatchet.

• Tsukihi
    Tsukihi Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Is it just that you haven't matched up with the top survivors yet?
    Hanging on a hook 12 times while entertaining survivors without camping or tunneling is impossible in the upper tiers.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

It wins games. It’s not a bannable offense.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,090
    edited December 2023
    Options

Because they're all smelly, tired, and their feet and backs hurt.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

It never ceases to amuse me when people talk about something that has been an eternal constant being a "new problem" or people doing it "all of a sudden".

When playing against decent survs, there are generally three reliable strategies: three genning, tunneling, or proxy camping. One can win without tunneling in most circumstances, and without three genning in almost all circumstances. Winning without at least some degree of proxy camping at some point is a tall order. Hoping to be free of any and all camping is wildly unrealistic. While just setting up shop at the hook is lame as hell, expecting the killer to immediately vacate the vicinity after hooking someone just because is just stupid.

I'd never advocate facecamping, but some form of hook defense is simply necessary to be consistently competitive against decent survs.

And of course it goes without saying that a great many survs love to cry about camping when they all rush to and/or flock around the hook. A lot of self-inflicted "camping". I don't suspect that will ever stop, either.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,722
    edited December 2023
    Options

Did someone piss in your cheerios or something? Why the crusade on me? I don't tunnel people unless they are toxic, I never camp unless necessary in endgame collapse, and I'm the killer who almost always gives hatch, and if the survivors had an early dc, just let them have a heal party and escape. Grow up, dude. I was just answering the question as to why it's happening from killers as a whole. This topic had zero to do about me as a topic. Go take your attitude elsewhere.

• Xernoton
    edited December 2023
    Options

I see where you're coming from. But isn't it better when people actually try everything in their power to win? The alternative is to just give up when it seems that match might not work out in your favor. Personally, I hate when a survivor kills themself on hook and ruins the entire match. Because it makes the rest of the match incredibly boring and takes away any tension.

Also, who decides when they should lose? If that is not on the players but the game, then it feels terrible because you might think: "I could have won, but the game forced the loss on me." or "I didn't lose against my opponent(s) but the game itself." And when it is on the players to decide when they should lose, why would they decide they should lose when they could still turn the match around by tunneling or camping? So this argument, as understandable as it is, is flawed in its core.

Ideally, we should aim to make these strategies less appealing and what we consider 'fun to play against' more appealing. The best way to do that in my opinion is by a "carrot and stick" approach. The killer should have a very clear incentive (outside of BP) to play normally, while camping should be a bit more risky. I am against removing camping as a whole though because the core of the killer role is the constant decision making and taking that away would not only dumb down the role but also make it less fun. The less agency you have in a game, the more predictable and boring it feels after all.

Post edited by Xernoton on
  • JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,409
    Options

Don't forget the knees & cankles are sore and weak from being juked

• nora_the_explora
    nora_the_explora Member Posts: 104
    edited December 2023
    Options

What game have u been playing? This is simply wrong, most survivors don't know how to loop and perks like made for this and dh have already been nerfed, so no, survivors are not getting stronger at looping. If it takes you 90 seconds to catch a survivor (and on top of that u are letting suvivors spread on gens ) then you are probably doing something wrong at chasing and can't recognise when to leave a chase and go pressure gens. Also some maps have changed and are becoming smaller with a lot of unsafe pallets. We can argue about the gens speed, some matches they go very fast depending on surv builds rng and the map in general, but trust me at least 80 percent of people don't know how to loop even against m1 killers. And if u are talking about adrenaline as a second chance it's only active in end game so it does't really count in what you are saying cause all the gens have been done already. Killers just camp cause it's effective and theres a lot of streamers promoting this tactic at 5 gens, let's be real, I mean, u can camp how much u want but let's not find absurd excuses for it

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

The thing which makes P100 kinda worth it are 2 guaranteed Ultra Rares in every Bloodweb which can be insane on Survivors and even most Killers.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Oh no. I just did not knew the proxy term. That also is really bad if a huntress does that. That also shut become something to be punished

• SirXenomorph
    Options

That maybe can be yes. But if survivors decide to play like that why you decide to go on it on survivors who do not play like that? Cause all I can say is that I never play like this as a survivor and still got lots of killers who does all that. So they just do it no matter if there are top survivors or not

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

Cuz it's easy.

and it's really effective.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Nah I really talk for real camping here. Not these when you get the survivor to fast. That is something I also try to avoid. But I had a ton of real campers. Which just waited nearby while watching the hook if someone come. Or play the wraith slug a survivor and wait for someone to pick him up. Maybe you can win like that but if you need to do that stuff to win maybe the problem are not the survivors at that point? Cause I am not really a professional survivor and still face lots of them. So I can understand if they do it at top tier survivors but these I faced had a just normal team and still does it. So why do they do it on every team when their reason is it is because the top tier survivors?

• Xernoton
    Options

You'd be right, if it wasn't for the abundance of these addons you have anyway. On Billy I typically try to go for 4-5 specific addons and ignore the most expensive ones. Still, I have built up a considerable stack of these. And if I were to actually not avoid but focuson them, this would be way higher.

You get so many addons and items anyway, that P100 makes little difference in the matter. Worst case scenario: You use a BP offering to get more points out of the match. Even if you go out with only 15k, that's easily 30k with a BP offering and 45k with the incentive. Statistically that should be more than enough to get back what you put into the match.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Okay than I apologize for my words. It just sounded like you try to defend such playstyle because you play like that. So it is my fault that I get it wrong.

It still was an answer from me. It also is not kind of you to somehow make assumption of my attitude. I just answered too. I also see where you think I have an attitude, but if you say you do not do it that is all good. Why be upset? I just thought you defend it. But I was wrong. I admit that. I have to think that not all who defend it are like that.

Thank you to made me see my mistake here. There rest I said still is a decent argument which has nothing to do with you

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,820
    Options

Im a former killer main, but i play mostly survivor now. And while i hate to get camped and tunneled, i think the current state of the game is to blame, it is optimized for fast moving killers so gens go really fast and slow moving killers waste too much time on walking from A to B, and on looping. - they dont have much space for errors, it dosnt feels so bad at the low mmr but when you start going up the groups become sweatier - so camping and tunneling is an effictive way to get a snowball effect.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

I generally don't camp, but if I end up in a situation where I'd be a fool not to... then I will.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Of course I do not say try everything to win. But have it to be with camping, tunneling and slugging? And I do not agree that the only alternative you have to win like that is to give up. It simply is not. If you see you will not get all or any of them why not try to show you want to play nice to just get some bloodpoints out of it or stuff? If you just see that you can not do it anymore the most maybe think of just play like that then instead of try to made it a call and go joke around with the survivors. That will maybe also help that the survivors do not be so rushing, just maybe if a survivor do see that the killers became calmer and do not rely on these tactics to win, they maybe became also calm and do not go all in so much. (Even some will still does that) and also what is the point of be upset about survivors do Genrushs? IT IS LITTERALY THEIR ONLY TASK IN THE TRIAL to do Gens, so what is the point to been upset over survivors do their task? If you as killer wont be able to get them then yea the survivors might be to strong, but that I would set up as skill. If survivors who by the way most of the times are outright strangers to each other can do the Gens that fast without the killer get any of them is that not equal to they do their job good? So if the killer then do not get any of them his logical conclusion is okay if they are that good I become just bad? Sry where is that anywhere near a good way? (I do not attack you here it is just what I think about it)

Yea I think some can not take it to lose. I mean I can understand that it will be frustrating to lose multiple rounds as a killer, but so does as a survivor. So if you ask me begin to camp, tunneling and slugging survivors only lead the survivors to Genrush and fool the survivor around. On both sides that behaviour just drags it more and more down. It is like that behaviour of the killers made the survivors become more and more rushing and that makes the killer even more relying on these stuff. And it just got worse and worse with every time.

I do not think that we can get rid of camping at all. Because when you try to do something against it it maybe would be like the system declares a action you do as a killer as camping and then you, while you do not even camp, got punished. So for camping at that it should be a rethinking for anyone itself. Cause if you wont have survivors who make you do use that stuff, do not raise them!

For tunneling that alone I do not think could be get rid of as well. There are also perks, at least one I know of, that can prevent it kinda okay.

For slugging would be my idea to set a counter like these for camping on the hooks, which starts if two or more survivors got slugged. It slowly fills when two survivors got slugged and start to fill faster with any more survivor who got slugged. The one that got slugged first or which heal is finished can stand up ONLY ONE can stand up, and the timer reset for the others and because the one who just got up is not slugged anymore it is slower again. So the killer either risk to get them instead of one can recover themselves, or he just take them and hook them. But I already know that this idea will be so mean against the killers because it favours the survivors again. I just can say then yea you do not say? Why slug them in the first place, so none of them can do anything anymore? Is that not in favour of the killer to be able to do so?

I just think before we need real changes in the game it should just be a rethink and that killers might think about not do it in every single game. Cause I am sure these who really do it even in a normal survivor group just use it as a excuse that they do it because of top tier survivors. That is not true because if so why do it on a normal group you know? (At least I think that about these killers)

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options

You have built in BT and you can unhook yourself if camped. I really dont see the reason for you to complain when you can just continue looping until you die, buying more time for your teammates.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Yea I can understand it you know. But I saw mostly not the ones does this stuff wo are slow. It most of the times are these killers, who move as fast as light or can teleport, or other stuff. These who can loop break and so on. These are the killers who does that. I almost never saw a killer camp who are not fast as the others or can not use some good abilities to speed up. That is what I find curious about it. They already have killers which would make all this not needed but yet they still does it.

Maybe it will someday be better again for the killers, so they can enjoy the game without these dirty tactics again. But even then some will sure stick with it anyways.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

You know that you do can camp survivors on a hook without the bar to fill right? Or just slug them and camp there? The problem I faced was not face camping. It is the camping which does not get fill any bar at all. Or the killer who use their abilities to do indirect camping. Or these who just wait in a good spot where they see when someone get to the hook so they can get them then. There are so many ways to camp and you come with that one which is no problem at all since for that the Devs made a change? Make no sense sry. Also you can not unhook yourself anymore when the gates are open. So that is the time many killers just stay with you at the hook to even get one kill. That is a thing I saw a lot in the short time I play already, and also expierienced many times on my own, that the killer just hang anyone who came to rescue the one who hang to even get one. It is just not good to play like that no matter what.

And it is okay when that is no reason for you to complain about but for me it is. Because it destroy the game. I did only had one situation who the killer facecamped me on the hook ONE out of countless times where he just camp in a safe distance to net get my bar gets filled. That happens simply just too much. So I do not can unhook if the bar did not fill.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,090
    Options

Oh, Don't even get me started on the knees & cankles. Knees weak arms are heavy out here. 🤣