Why nerf Made for this when killers has perks that increase their speed and blood lust

Why did y'all nerf Made for this knowing killers had blood lust and other perks that speed them up are y'all doing this on purpose or y'all showing this game is killer sided

Best Answer

Answers

• Game4Fun
    Game4Fun Member Posts: 48

It couldn't be that free if people still going down and very few people use it

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I think we're complaining about Rapid Brutality but I'm honestly not sure?

If we are lol that perk is only really good on 4-5 killers and not worth it on the rest and I refuse to believe you see it that often.

• Game4Fun

It seems like they give us a great perk and then take it back when we start to get the advantage of these killers

• kin
    kin Member Posts: 552
    edited December 2023

They gave the assassins a great perk called Ultimate weapon to weaken it after six months. As soon as the killers get a great perk, they start complaining about it and as a result, the developers weaken it after 6 months (Friends till the end is an excellent candidate for such a fate). Honestly, such situations look like a pre-planned plan

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,975

Bloodlust counters dbds partly terrible map design.

M1 killers struggle with most tiles in the game. Shack, jungle gyms, long tiles and most main buildings are too strong for them, if the survivors plays decently well.

I don't know why we have to say this again and again....

If you only want to play against Nurse's and the like that only use their power, then keep it going.

• Game4Fun

How are they struggling with the game when you the win ration killers comes out on top at all times this game is worst than Politics y'all have selective thinking on what should be nerf and what should be buff how is 3%boost and a shield killing the whole game when you have killers that slow down the survivors and they also has person to make them scream out their location

• Game4Fun

It doesn't matter if its 16 perks or not the killers perks are still more overpower then the survivor perks

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

Because killers complain the most when it comes to chases that don't last less than 10 seconds. They say it's for free. Yet, they not going after resilience since it's for free as well by just being injured.

But oh well. Survivor perks never last long anyways when meta. We have been running the same old meta builds for years like lithe, SB, adrenaline, bond, windows, resi etc.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,483

MFT was too strong of an effect for its requirement and duration, most killer movement speed buffs are easily lost (PWYF) niche (Devour Hope) limited in who can use them (Rapid Brutality), terrible (Game Afoot) (Machine Learning)(Batteries included), or very situational (Agitation, NOED)

MFT's requirement was to be injured which can easily be most of the time you spend in a match

On top of the fact that survivor movespeed is much more volatile to have for long periods of time as opposed to killer movespeed buffs since a small increase over a long period of time is drastically stronger against usually weaker killers and killers with specific timing windows made for survivors 4.0m/s movement like doctor, while not having much of an effect on stronger killers, making strong killer choice more polarizing.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,975

I played this game for 3 years now. I think I know what I'm talking about thx.

A perk that makes a survivor 3% faster makes the problems some maps have stand out even more. On top, it's extremely unfun to play against, because there was nothing the killer could do to prevent it. A "shield" or third health state is also extremely problematic, because the killer is usually already behind and struggling in terms of time management. Making the killers job take even longer for little effort, destroys the time management for good sometimes. That's why dead hard was this good of a perk for survivor. It extended chases WAY too long. Mft was similar in that extend.

With killers, that make you slow down, you mean Pinhead and Clown, correct? Clown is good in chase and horrible in the 1v4. Your not playing a 1v1. You are playing in a team against one person. The more time you get for them working on gens, the better. Pinheads chain is pretty hard to hit and can be broken with environment. Not that strong of a chase power.

Only doctor makes you scream. He knows your location. Thats strong in what way?

He still has to hit you twice. If you play well, you can waste a LOT of his time.

Btw... A Doctor SLOWS DOWN while using his power. Just saying.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437

I think the endurance should have been removed and all killer exhaustion perks should have been buffed.

The perk was really annoying and made killers like ghost face really weak. For strong killers it didn‘t even matter.

Also all maps get made easier for killers. Against good killers it becomes a pain to play, one little step in the wrong direction, you are dead. Playing everything perfect only to win, it‘s a game! Not some sport. It‘s just not fun how you have to play on both sides like in a tournament. Even my friends stopped playing this game with me for those reasons.

I think with removing of the endurance it would have been fine and buffing those killer perks. I just don‘t like how everything is balanced. Killers and survivor perks should be strong and not because one thing is weaker everything needs to be in a boring spot.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

What do you think about Coup? You get Coup for free / failing like MFT does. MFT was limited to 1 health state while Coup gives you 10 downs max which is more then you need in all your chases.

Dont get me wrong, i disliked the power of MFT (to strong) and therefore almost never used it, but Coup is basically the same for the other side.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,666

I wasn't here for the whole MFT drama, but I think the difference is in popularity.

Coup de Grâce is rare. I honestly haven't seen anyone using this perk since the Twins were released. However, MFT was apparently widely used, so naturally there were far more complaints about it.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,653

I am not a big fan of Coup De Grâce, honestly. It's not as constant as MfT (only active during a lunge not the entire second half of a chase) and you lose stacks for any lunge but I don't like it either. You don't do anything for this perk to activate but you get a damn strong effect. It's the same as MfT in that regard. You make a mistake / your opponent does something right and somehow you are rewarded for it. I think that's not good design. I will not judge on how strong exactly Coup is because it can vary from match to match (sometimes it carries you, other times it's basically a wasted perk slot) but I think it's less consistent than MfT was.

The only perks that I have no issues with, that follow a similar pattern are end game / comeback perks, that only get strong when the match is nearly over. Noed I dislike for different reasons and Fire Up is an interesting idea for a perk but it gives you a value that you shouldn't need anyway. Not only did you lose a good amount of gens for it to do something, you also should get rid of resources before that. If you didn't do that, then this perk is not worth much and if you did do it, then the extra breaking speed is redundant anyway.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,794
    edited December 2023

Hol' up

I know there are haste perks on killer that have weird activation requirements or endgame requirements, sure, but there are no perks that effect bloodlust gain.

Heck, the two bloodlust related perks off the top of my head are Beast of Prey that removes the red stain in BL1 and Rapid Brutality that, yes increases speed by 5% on hit but removes bloodlust entirely.

MFT gave an infinite 3% haste when injured, which could be paired with other injured-related perks to make them even stronger and just punish M1 killers in general. Heck, I've had it break chase in low wall loops doing nothing but following them so bloodlust wasn't going to activate anyway.