Question about reporting hacker/ cheating player

1. If I watching some steamer and they find a hacker/ cheating player, viewer can using that clip reporting to BHVR if viewer can make a description to that hacker/ cheating action?
  2. I find a cheater and report it in the game. Can I using wall hack cheating to represent see through/clairvoyance. Or using speed hacking to represent fine-tuning the ruinning speed?

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710
    1. no, as a viewer you can’t report a hacker to BHVR - that should be done by the streamer themselves. There needs to be an in-game report from the streamer as well as an additional player report ticket to BhVRs support including the Streamers in-game ID as well as a link to the clip showing the cheating. If you as a viewer report it, there is no way for BHVR to actually find the offender (in-game names are not unique).
    2. I am not sure I understand the question at all. If you think you play with/against a cheater, you need to make a clip showcasing the cheating and then do the in-game report as well as above mentioned support ticket with link to the clip - clip can for example be uploaded on YouTube as unlisted video

• leungandy
    leungandy Member Posts: 10

I understand that. I need to make a clip one by one in every game if I always meet the cheater. Only report in game is not enough.

In my opinion, it will waste too much time to do this and I'm not doing this every game. I won't use too much time to report cheater. Maybe using VPN to aviod some chinese player is the better way to solve.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,346

I doubt it would have any effect at all, last reports i made had no effect, with clear video evidence.

im done reporting.

• leungandy

Yes, catching cheater is not our normal player responsibility. We can help devs to find some weird things and report it, such as having 5 or 6 perk in that game.(Someone using balance landing and find that he having bring that perk)

I just want to clear up this things, I play 1 game need 5-15 mins, but I report cheater need more than that playing time. How to attract people to doing that? 🤔Reporting 10 time and only 1-2 cheater get ban?🙄

I want to discuss and solve this things because cheater player is a big problem in east server.(Japan and Singapore)

• leungandy
    edited December 2023

In Asia and Southeast Asia server, you will always match these people in the game.😂😂😂( VAC system cheating ban of other game, I don't think that they are not cheating in DBD🙂)