The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Does anyone else feel that survivors objective speed is simply broken?

The amount of games that I have where I lose one or two gens by the time I get the first down is honestly just infuriating. And by the time I get the 2nd down, one or two more gens are popped.

Its so easy for survivors to genrush, all they have to do is hold M1 for a bit whilst the Killer is trying his hardest to get a down.

I simply dont think its fair that in a 4v1 game, the 4 players can finish 20% of their objective by popping a gen, yet the Killer only completes 8% of theirs when they hook a survivor.

Without running multiple gen defense perks or tunneling someone out at the start, the game simply does not feel winnable as a weaker Killer.

Comments

• Salicyl
    Salicyl Member Posts: 12

How was nerfing med kits/chase perks a bad thing for Killers in regards to genspeed? Medkits now waste more time, thous survivors are longer away from gens, "nerfed" chase perks mean chases are faster and the Killer can defend gens... I genuenly dont understand your reasoning here

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 378

There's really not much for us to do, my guy. What do you want us to do, stare at a wall and wait for you to come sacrifice us? Ahaha...😅

There's:

Doing Hexes - If you got one in the match, sure many of us will be going hunting for it.

Being Altruistic - Helping a teammate on their last hook by taking a chase, which rarely works since the killer usually still goes after the targeted survivor and downs them even if we get downed for the other survivor. Timely unhooks for those clutch saves. Healing a homie up.

Runner - If I'm not a complete Nea bot to last long enough for at least 2 gens before going down.

Doing Gens - You?

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 355

Basekit corrupt would help a lot. Survivors have gotten a bunch of free basekit stuff recently to counter killer strategies that they don't like. Killers have gotten basically nothing in return and as was mentioned above Corrupt got nerfed when literally no one was asking for it. So now the only way for killers to apply any kind of pressure is to tunnel and survivors wonder why killers tunnel all the time. Slow the game down a bit and tunneling won't feel required to secure a kill.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

Losing 1-2 gens before your first chase is completed is normal, and always has been. DBD matches have a predictable pace: things go quick early, then slow down as the killer has fewer gens to cover.

Gen speeds may be too quick, but you don't feel that as much early as late.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Balance in this game is virtually impossible to achieve. That isn't a reason to not strive for it. But we all just need to acknowledge that there is no reality where every player will be happy with the balance or mechanics established in this game. There are YouTubers with killer win streaks in the 100's. Which is absolutely absurd when you think about it. There are also YouTuber survivor win streaks that are really long.

Neither of these things would be possible if player skill wasn't a significant part of whether you win or lose. So before writing off the gen speeds or anything the survivors do as the problem, you have to ask yourself if you played flawlessly. Did you do everything in your power? Was there any perk or add on that you could have brought that would have changed the outcome? Instead of worrying about things that are beyond your control like the gen speed, focus on the things that you do have control over.

But more importantly the question you should be asking yourself is "did I have fun?". Ultimately that is the objective of any video game. If you aren't having fun then it might be time for a break.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,233

Ah yes one of the strongest perks in the game free for S and A tier killers. Making them even more oppressive.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,484

All Killers should be reworked to have secondary objectives to slow the game down/occupy Survivor’s time.

Every Killer wouldn’t just be a new power to play against, but also an objective that comes with that Killer. Add-ons provide room to create variety for this.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,357

Tunneling is just as bad as it was during gen kick eruption meta. in fact tunneling was so bad during the eruption regression meta that around that time they had to rework pain res so it only worked on each survivor once, to discourage tunneling. it's just that regression was so oppressive that people complained about that far more than they did about tunneling

• Lixadonna
    Lixadonna Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 147

Did the mods realy delete my comment here XD

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

Yeah but OG was 100% which 200% healing speed divided by half was 100%. They can implement boons but not the way COH was done.

• Ebonbane2000
    Ebonbane2000 Member Posts: 160

They need to bring back the CoH self-heal and make it 24seconds ( medkit self-heal 16seconds as well). Get rid of the speed buffs on all of these (better medkits get more charges instead). With any luck, survivors will go back to healing more and spending more 16 second intervals (more with mangled) off gens .

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

The issue is survivor's lacking a objective prior to gens. Right now survivor's are reliant on the killer for a secondary objective weather it's slugging, rescuing, or a hex totem.

I also believe that other factors play into this such as maps and the fact that killer's have to depend on survivor's to make a mistake in a chase.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379
    edited December 2023

CoH (boons in general): If BHVR had made boons work like Hex's, than Boons would have never been a problem

Medkits and Healing: Idk who asked for this but I'm putting the blame on BHVR's poor choice of balance because of CoH (Even though medkits themselves weren't a problem)

Second Chance perks: These had to go, because killer's are too dependant on survivor's making mistakes, on top of that DH for distance extended chases pretty much screwing the killer over.

DS: Imo this perk needs to be deleted because of how unhealthy it is. The 6yrs I've been playing this game, the perk always makes it into patch notes at least once a year weather it's a nerf or a buff. I don't have a problem with the perk (its current state at the time of this comment) but it either needs to become forgotten or staked in the heart.

Edit: Spelling Error

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,117

killers wanted Med-kits and COH nerfs because everyone being healed meant that weaker killer have to hit survivors 2 times instead of once.

what killers have asked for is their chases to be meaningful when they hook survivors. what killers got was nerf to pain res, nerf to dms, nerf to eruption and nerfs to pop goes weasel. So instead of their chasing meaningfully slowing the game down for killer if they play well by hooking people, their chases mean less because they get poor game-delay from said hooks. The more hooks they go for, the faster they lose.

If everyone runs Deja vu which is 6% repair increase, you can get 84 seconds gens which is similar to 80 second gens especially if you account for 1-2 great skill-check to further reduce this to like 82 seconds. You get free BT so it is not like your losing a perk slot for what you were running before. You can now just use old perks of Dead hard, Decisive strike, Adrenaline, WoO from 5 years ago.

I also don't think med-kit nerfs are that big of a change purely because running a red syringe+med-kit is still 2 heals and running a combination of med-kit+gel dressing with skill-check add-on is 2 heals or running 2 charge add-on is 2 heals. 24 second healing is old-self care which is a perk that 99% of survivor ran in dbd 2017. Even if your not using add-on, a single free-heal from a med-kit is sometimes enough in some games.

The only nerf to med-kits is sloppy butcher and they're gutted mangled in few months anyway so soon med-kit change will be almost meaningless.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

No, the solution is to give survivors something else to do. When Ruin was still meta, survivors would spend a good amount of time, searching the totem. That is downtime survivors don´t spend on gens. We simply need something else apart from gens for survivors to do.

Gas cans, to refill gens have been proposed several times. Its just something else to do than hug gens all match.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,917

Percentages don't work that way.

Survivors are better in the early game and can easily pop 2 or 3 gens before the killer starts to pressure. Killer is way stronger in late game, due to many recourses being gone and gets way more hooks then.

Also. The killers objective isn't to get 12 hooks. It's to kill 4 survivors. By how many hooks you do that is up to you.

• radiantHero23

I feel like side objectives are sometimes even too much for survivors to handle. Pig, Pinhead and Sadako have consistently high kill rates just because of this.

It's good for experienced players but bad for newer ones I feel.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,661

Dude, you're arguing a version of the perk that was nerfed immediately after launch in January 2022 (patch 5.5.0).

That's almost exactly 2 years ago now, before the 'meta shakeup' in 6.1.0, and not the version that got gutted with the medkit changes recently.

We've had the 50% version since in April 2022 (patch 5.7.2). That's the one I'm talking about, and the version of the perk that's existed for almost all of the perk's existence until the most recent healing nerfs.

• radiantHero23

But not enough for 12 hooks.

Certain killers and maps, not to mention items, addons and especially perks make this impossible.

You can definitely win, just not the way OP seems to want to. And by all means, wanting to go for 12 hooks is very noble.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,661
    edited December 2023

Killers specifically asked for these nerfs.

Circle (or boons) as a single use mechanic would never be used, giving us the same 'injured and gen rush' meta we had before boons, and coincidentally have right now after the circle nerf.

I don't know what kind of revisions history is going on here, but medkits have been complained about incessantly for longer than circle has existed.

DS disabling in end game and the conspicuous action nerfs were/are fine. The nerf to 3 seconds, of which ~1.4 seconds the survivor is animation locked as well, is not fine. DS doesn't do it's job as anti-tunneling anymore because of the stun duration nerf.

The only reason people run DS right now is to reset endurance and exhaustion exactly once per game. It does nothing whatsoever to deter tunneling with the 3 second duration... So yeah, I'm not surprised that people 'have no problem with' a perk that doesn't do anything.