The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

no one recognizes how good chem trap is, and complaints about its strength are very much justified

if used correctly, it gives you the distance that an exhaustion perk would have given you all while not even being an exhaustion perk. it feels really obnoxious to play against, especially as an m1 killer because you kinda just have to eat it and let the survivor get a ton of distance, especially if its placed on a strong tile. ive seen people classify it as a 'meme perk' as a way to ignore the fact that it is miserable to deal with.

on a similar note, plot twist is not as strong as chem trap but it also is really annoying to play against when used properly.

Comments

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 480

Until you run into a Skull Merchant who can easily play around a Chem Trap without ever triggering it-

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,959

I’ve used it before from my experience the killer will just bloodlust you

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 480
    edited December 2023

Actually the killer can see Blast Mine- A trapped generator will have a flashbang sitting on top of it emitting faint amounts of smoke to warn the killer that the gen is trapped(although just about no one pays attention to it). That's why occasionally you can find a killer who certainly kicks gens, but will almost always actively avoid kicking trapped gens since some killers do look out for the warning sign.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,581

I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about the strength of Chemical Trap.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,133

I never knew that! That's my new learning experience for the day. Thank you for sharing!

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I think I've seen a single person using Chem Trap (that wasn't an adept Ripley) and I kicked the pallet just to give them some value. They didn't even run, just stood there nodding... Sometimes I still love this game.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,265
    edited December 2023

too many killers can play basically any pallet now and the killers who can't will just bloodlust you if it's not a safe pallet. Yes, it's powerful if the killer kicks it. The key word is if tho.

Very funny against lo-pro billy tho

• JoeyDonuts
    JoeyDonuts Member Posts: 106

I'll be honest, I've never even noticed the blast mine. Thanks for the heads up. And I've not even seen Chem Trap used in a game since release. I don't think I even used it while doing the adept.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

This is not right, the smol blast mine with the smoke emitting can only be seen by survivors, to the killer the gen looks like any other. Some killers might have the experience, thought. A 75%+ worked on gen thats left sorta on purpose, for example. Or if the killer got hit by a blastmine earlier that match and now just becomes warry around your gens.

But at other times the 4s stun is worth it to it, even when you suspect a blast mine being in play, because the other option would be to wait out 3 min or let the survivors finish the gen uncontended. Often Blastmine players are just having fun with that perk (like me) or use it to finish Blind & Stun challenges without much of a hassle (also me), because they suck at using flashlights and a single blastmine counts as both, a blind AND a stun, giving your 2 pips on Blind & Stund challenges.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,723

requirement is too much.

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 151

Make it so it doesnt expire ever/for longer and make it so the Killer cant see it and you got a solid b- perk

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

Blast Mine works by placing a modified Flash Grenade on top of the Generator model, which is visible to attentive Survivors.

The Killer cannot see it.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 803

Blast mine still better

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,117

the gen perks have too long of repair time for survivor to use them. 50% is too high. if the perk was buffed to 33% then I would use it. I used to use wiretap before it got nerfed but after change. i do not use it.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475
    edited December 2023

I mean on a god pallet or just a really strong pallet that the killer has to break, yeah, it gives you even more distance. The problem is that most of the strong killers can play around most dropped pallets or can catch up quickly even after the slowdown.

It's yet another perk that's strongest against weak killers.

• Dionysusdog
    Dionysusdog Member Posts: 154

Chem trap is great...unless you are a Oni main like me....a sassy Steve tried a chemical trap on me. Turns out hindered Oni in demon dash is still faster than a survivor....poor Steve.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 442

which is also good, forces the killer to waste more time to get a hit on you, and also bloodlusting isnt viable at every tile

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Blastmine only requires doing Gen, ChemTrap also requires a dropped pallet.

Killers will always kick Gens to regress, which always happen. But can ignore pallets because alot of pallets are unsafe too.