This video sums up Dead by Daylight

And you're asking why everyone's miserable.

Comments

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,930

Are we done now?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,212

It's completely out of hand and it seems like they have no plan to fix it. I run into a blatant cheater almost every day. It makes you question everything that goes wrong in a trial. People live stream their gameplay while they cheat for months on end with no HWID bans.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,175

Maybe I'm just lucky or my cheaters are more subtle but it's been...literally months since I've seen a cheater

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,412

I'm the same. I've had suspicions of course, recently an Oni, but no actual proof. I think most are absolutely subtle but at the end of the day they can have their "victory", I'll just move on.

• OwlWithMustache
    OwlWithMustache Member Posts: 57

Same, last one I saw was around when skull merchant released

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,840

Another streamer video repost thread

Next

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

In all the time I've played, I've only had one person who was definitely a cheater and a handful of others who were suspicious. However, I can understand that, if you play this game as your full time job, you'd run into more.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I used to think this too but today I had a game as Singularity where after hooking the Yoichi I went to pressure the gen the rest of the survivors were on and the Nea dropped out of air on front of me and sprinted away when in post game it showed their only exhaustion perks was Dead Hard. It was clear it was an accident cuz she stared at me for a second and didn't expect me to be there and she never did anything after that so she clearly didn't want to be blatant. If she hadn't made that mistake I never would have known she was cheating.

That experience makes me wonder how often I actually run into cheaters.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,846
    edited December 2023

I see cheaters all the time. It's pretty ridiculous. They aren't all flying around, at least. Usually it's stuff like extra health states, extra hook states, slightly faster run speeds, etc...

I even had one where they wouldn't have the glow effect that makes them easier to see when you're stalking as the ghost face. That's an incredibly odd and situational cheat. I had it on video, and I ended up getting the "confirmation" that they took action against them, at least.

• OtakaChan
    OtakaChan Member Posts: 181

I just watched this earlier.🤣

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323

Well, let's hope that now that streamers are having a real issue with it BHVR decides to finally do something against cheaters after literally half a year of people complaining about it in the forums without even a response from their part.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,778

Now personally speaking, I can't remember the last time I had a legitimate cheater against me. I don't say it as a defense to the game, far from what I'm going to say, but I will say I've seen less cheaters lately than about a year or so before.

That said, I guarantee new exploits cheaters use in their scripts/programs have been found and most will target content creators like Otz here as they've always done. And BHVR will always address it as a 'constant arms race' against cheating. Unless the game handles every part of itself on the server side, we'll most likely never see an end to cheating. More tools to find them would be nice though.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I can never tell. I have had a flying Pinhead and what appeared to be lag switching right before a melee hit but i litterally have never called foul any other time in all my years of playing.